The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » Stitching up a cat (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Stitching up a cat
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2013 11:40 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That looks just like my knee when they were done with me.

Yeah, unintentional, but he has the video.

Good hunting. Lima Brav 0

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31542 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2013 05:48 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,

It wasn't that I thought it would be easy, it was that I said it wasn't a complete impossibility.

And I wasn't talking about targeting "wild" coyotes but those in the urban landscape, where the can't be (realistically) trapped by conventional means.

I've actually got a trap design in my head, incorporating a chicken coop, I believe would work effectively (*but it's not anything like what we're used to). [Wink]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2013 10:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you ever hear the story by (drew a blank) about attracting coyotes?

He said he uncoiled a big roll of chicken wire, staked it out and found a couple of particularly yappy stray dogs, and tied them in the center.

Left alone all day, the local coyotes found there way into the coil's center and were exchanging insults with the dogs.

Suddenly, (that's his name) Bill Bynum walks up with a fully loaded 12 gauge, wades into the chicken wire. Meanwhile, there's a couple alpha coyotes with eyes big as saucers and nowhere to go, thinking; "Oh Shit!" just as the finale is about to begin.

I don't know if it's true, but it sounds like something he would do.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31542 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2013 10:35 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, great photos Cal. Looks good when you are finished.

Krusty, dont they make a live trap cage for bobcats where it has a compartment to put a live chicken in one end to use for bait? If I recall, the ADC trapper I worked with one time in Texas was telling me about them and said they were deadly on cats. Said they couldnt resist. I believe he said he would set them in the thickest wooliest shit he could find and had good luck, which makes sense.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2013 02:32 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Baldnobber,

Yes I've seen the cat cages used in that manner, but I'm thinking on a way larger scale, with a couple twists. [Wink]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters