The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » quite an accomplishment

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: quite an accomplishment
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2009 11:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2009 08:13 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that is an accomplishment. I counted 95 cats. Any more details on who it is?

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2009 08:55 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
I think he said he caught and called 99 cats with a partner. Mercer L. and I dont know the name of his partner.

Randy

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2009 09:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's Mercer Lawing. I don't know the other guys? He told me that 75 of those cats were taken with cages, which seems like quite a trick. He also said it was 99 cats, season total. I started to count them, got to 35 on the second row and decided I didn't need to bother. A pile of cats, Man! I don't think I ever killed over 25 a season, back in the good old days, so I can relate, a little bit.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

onecoyote
Knows what it's all about
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2009 11:03 AM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool picture. That's alot of cats alright. I'm with you Leonard, I don't think I did 25 cats in a year.
We have a trapper over in Fallon that gets over 300 bobcats a season, no wonder it's hard to find a bobcat in this part of Nevada. I believe trappers should have a limit on bobcats.

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
furhvstr
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2009 10:06 PM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't been around lately.
Thanks for the kind words.
300 cats from someone in NV? Could only be Scott Bird? He did it with his son and another guy running three lines totaling over 400 traps at the high water mark on a four month season. The NV cats can thank their lucky stars he lost his job and moved to Idaho. He is top five greatest cat trappers still living in my book.

As far as the barn pic that is me, my partner, my dad and my kids.
My dad was with me on our best day of the season when we caught these 9 cats in apx 63 cages overnight.
 -
 -

This is how we started our season last year by calling and taking these two big toms the first night out.
 -

Leonord has the numbers correct.

Posts: 144 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted August 18, 2009 10:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you, Mercer! Hell of a kill, Buddy!

I recognize the background in one pic, but it will be our secret.

Good hunting. LB

PS the story about cat #100 falling down a mine shaft, and not recovered, was a damned shame.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2009 04:32 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Mercer,

Holy Smokes! What an accomplishment! Great pictures and thank you for sharing...wow!!! Thanks Leonard for showing - now I get Mercer's handle.

Is there more to the story about #100? A shame for sure.

Hey, where did the coyotes go? How many trapped and called? How many greys? Do you catch greys at that elevation?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 08, 2009 05:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Short version: shot the cat which then fell straight down a deep shaft. I think he said he tossed a rock and didn't hear it hit bottom? Decided he didn't need it that bad.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters