The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Cat forum   » season over, few pics.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: season over, few pics.
furhvstr
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 06:32 PM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

This was my best 20 hrs of hunting ever. Seven in one night and two the next AM along with seven coyote.  - A good night, 3x $425.00 = a new rifle and scope!
 -

-

-

-

- A good day on the cage line. Fact my best day. 30 Cages on a 24 hour check.

[ February 17, 2008, 07:29 PM: Message edited by: furhvstr ]

Posts: 144 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 10:58 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice!!!!

What size cages are those??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
furhvstr
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2008 05:52 PM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Two sizes so they fit inside one another. 11x20 and 9x18.  -
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2008 07:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Thanx!!

Do you build them yourself or buy them??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
furhvstr
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2008 06:07 PM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Built them. Took a little time. Hope to build some more this summer.
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2008 06:23 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Would you be willing to show your trigger mechanism in a pic? We were going to build 12-16 of those this past summer and never got around to it. We messed with it a couple times, but I told my partner I'd do some research on developing a good trigger and just never got around to it.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2008 01:48 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance,

The trigger on those cages is the simple "long throw" type.
The treadle has a vertical "throw" rod, that connects to a horizontal trigger rod.
The door actually perches on top of the horizontal rod.
(*Often times a detent is filed into the rod where the door sits, to hold the pan up)

Yancy has gone to using cable for his triggers, lowering pan tension, and travel, tremendously in the process.
Just like with pan stops, and nightlatching, on traditional traps, this change is likely to prove beneficial.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters