The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Optics forum   » New leopold

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New leopold
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2008 03:32 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I picked up a new Leopold 4.5-14x 40mm with 30mm tube yesterday to try on my 17 Pred. This scope has side focus adjustment and a Varmint reticle with bullet drop.. I set the scope on the setting that came the closest to the 17 Pred. cartridge traj. The scope was zeroed for 200 yards according to directions and then i test fired it at 300 yds useing the 300 yd cross-hair and the pred. grouped 1 1/2 hi at 300 yds. Close enough for coyotes! I also tested the wind drift useing the 10 mph dot and it was right on with a 10 mph. wind. As far as bullet drop goes my Kenton BDC dial is more precise than the leopold Var. reticle, but the leopold comes awfull close and i think it will work great on coyote size targets. A friend of mine has been useing one all this season on his 243 win. and says it has increased his hits by 80% or better...He also has 37 kills for this season.. Anyway if someone is looking for a scope to give them an extra edge on the longer shots and more consistance give the leopold varmint a try...T.A.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5086 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
ninthinning
Knows what it's all about
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2008 09:07 AM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet.

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2008 09:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim. Normally, I'm not a stickler on spelling, in fact, I read (in wonder) at the inventiveness, when ......who shall remain nameless.

Anyway, FWI. It's LEUPOLD , K? Pronounced: Lew-pold.
(we're here to help)
Administration Staff

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2008 11:27 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. Sorry about that Leonard. Grammer and spelling is one of my weaknesses. While most where getting an education i was busy trying to provide for the famaly or going from airbase to airbase. [Razz]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2008 11:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No prob. So, you were a bus driver, eh?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2008 01:39 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Leonard. Thats what my dad used to say also. I got to carry an M-60 while driveing the bus though.. [Razz]

--------------------

RedRabbit
Member # 796

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2008 09:48 PM      Profile for RedRabbit   Email RedRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I pick one of those up at Leo's Sporting goods...LOL jus kidding.

Ive got my 17 topped with a 3x9 Baush & Lomb Elite I been gettng pretty handy with, but havent tried any shots over 300 yrds with it, on coyotes anyway. that sound like a good scope does it have a fair price?

Posts: 241 | From: SE IDAHO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cranky Farmer
Member # 3029

Icon 1 posted July 29, 2008 12:38 PM      Profile for Cranky Farmer   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That's quite the scope. How do you like it now that you've been using it awhile?

--------------------
~Heath

Posts: 68 | From: SoCal | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters