The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » FoxPro Scorpion ??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FoxPro Scorpion ??
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2015 06:16 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody have any yea or nay experience with the FoxPro Scorpion caller ??
I have a chance to pick one up at a decent price but am not familiar with that model.

Thanx !!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2015 08:09 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, I bought their first model, the X1-A and it works perfectly. I also have a Fury II and just recently bought the new WT. If I could only keep one it would be the Scorpion. If it's not loud enough for you you could always add an external speaker. One item I truly like about it is that you can turn it on and off with the remote. If I knew how to post pictures I would show you how I have mine rigged.

Hope this helps in your decision.

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2015 10:49 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
I bought an X1-B a while back as a back up caller to my FX5. I took it out shortly after I got it and called in a few coyotes with it killing a couple of them.

People complain that the caller isn't loud enough for them but I think that a lot of volume is a bit overrated to some extent. I set up a TOA speaker years ago and had it in the truck to put on the Scorpion but after thinking about the ease of sticking the caller in my jacket pocket and carrying it to and from the stand I used it as is and it worked out fine.

Tawnoper talked me into buying a Foxpro CS24C and I'm going to sell the FX5 and keep the Scorpion. I like it that much.

My only gripe is that you have to pull the batteries out to charge them but I see Foxpro is pretty much abandoning the on board chargers in most of their products.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2015 10:55 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
That call was made for you KoKo. Small lightweight and all you need in your shotgun country.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2015 11:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool !! [Cool]
And with Spring Bear right around the corner ..............
Much Thanx, guys.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2015 04:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Is this model just like the Minaska M-1? Small, about the size of a decent combo burrito?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2015 08:41 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Think fitting into a cargo pants pocket.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters