The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » E-caller Input? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: E-caller Input?
KaBloomR
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 01:16 PM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
I finally have a stash of $600+ built up, guys. Which make and model for this price point?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Please do not recommend the Mojo Double Trouble. I already have one that is going to star in an upcoming video with my new camcorder.....

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 02:22 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Without a doubt the FoxPro CS-24C. The thing with that new TX1000 remote is the best caller going in my opinion. The 50 presets is very handy and easy to use. The remote is not effected one bit by the cold too, which is handy.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 02:22 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
CS-24b and use the left over money for ammo.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 02:30 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
The CS24B is a nice caller, but you'll have to find a used one if possible. I don't see them listed on FoxPro anymore and AP has them listed for the same price as a new 24C.

AP has a demo 24C though for $50 less than a new one.

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/foxpro-cs24-c-demo-model-digital-caller-100-custom-calls-cs24c-with-tx1000-remote-demo-model/

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 04:50 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Splain the features of the TX1000 vs the TX500 or whatever my cs24 came with.

I have had mine for 3 years or so now and I love it. I mostly just use the 10 presets but would love to be able to see the screen (arms too short)

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 06:06 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
The TX1000 has obviously the larger screen with color. This new screen is not effected by the cold, which is pretty handy when out on the snowmachine and the remote pops out of my jacket. TX1000 will log all of your stand information if you want (sounds used, duration on stand, barometric pressure, temperature, moon phase). You can make it do the FoxMotion, which ramps up and down the volume automatically between an internal and external speaker. I haven't used that, but tested it out at home and it sounds really good. Auto volume is a feature I've used a bit. This makes the volume go up and down at a pre-set level of your choosing. The sounds are organized in folders on the TX1000 and it's very useful for quickly getting to sounds and setting up the 50 presets. I pretty much rely on my presets and with 50 of them, don't have to change much else. The remote is larger and the handle area is thicker than the TX500.
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 30, 2014 08:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Find a FoxPro 416 w/remote on EBay.
Save the rest of your $$ for hookers and a hot tub.
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2014 04:13 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even use most of the new stuff on the TX1000 and still think it's the biggest improvement FoxPro has made in quite some time.

Color screen, big easier to read letters, sounds in folders, no knob, buttons are easier to feel and to work. It's a better mousetrap for sure.

And really, when you are using an e-call, it's the remote you are actually "using". Having it be a lot easier is definitely a plus.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
KaBloomR
Member # 4252

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2014 05:01 AM      Profile for KaBloomR           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a bunch for your help. I really appreciate the knowledge I gain from all of you here. I'm going to get the CS24C on order.
Koko,
Excellent suggestion! However, my wife would love the money to be spent on a hot tub - minus the additional "play toys" AND minus a new e-caller.....

--------------------
"It always gets a helluva lot worse before it gets any better"

Posts: 302 | From: Utah | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2014 05:09 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought a cs-24b used but I'm keeping my fx-5. When I got the fx -5 , I sold my 416-b wish I hadn't. Now I have a back up if and when I have a problem. Now you guys got me wanting the new remote. And I just got this thing yesterday.
Haven't even used the old remote. Good luck in your quest Kabloomr.

[ January 31, 2014, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2014 10:22 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I still have one of the older plain CS-24 callers and It is a great caller by itself. I have a neoprem skirt or such on the metal speaker horn to cut some of the tinny sound, been thinking of just having the bell sprayed with Rino lining or some plastic/rubber coating.

Maybe next year I'll buy the most bestest, a newer more gooder model. [Smile]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2014 12:38 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to call after the season and see if there is any way I can upgrade my CS24L or if I can get some trade in value? I don't know why I am considering it though, because I am completely satisfied with the one I have?

I suppose I could sell it, but need to take my 272 sounds off of it first.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2014 07:24 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
KB, I will be the one, try a WT, been a loyal user for many years and have not had any issues with anything and I abuse it more than most!

You won't be sorry IMO

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2014 07:51 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I re-organized my sound list last night. Removed about 100 sounds that I never used and loaded everything in clumps of 6. That way if I do scroll, the next screen will have bird sounds or whatever. A poor mans folder system, easy to find and down to 60 sounds. If I need more I have hand calls hanging around my neck. (Had to use the power howler yesterday cause I couldn't find the right howl)

And while we're at it, Cal quit goofing off and get some more vocals out there!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2014 09:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
About those sounds we never use. Pulled off the Interstate last month to make a stand near a dump.

Everything was going fine, no coyotes but first a couple ravens, then they were showing up by the twos and threes. Just because, I switched to the few raven sounds I have and some crow death cries.

Partner said he had never seen anything like it, and I acted like it was routine. But, once in a while those special sounds, like a goat or whatever, they come in handy, so I doubt I will erase what I have? I do believe in arrangements to make it easier to find what you use more often. I think it makes a lot of sense to have all howls in the same place.

I'm surprised the ecaller question has not been settled? It really has, as far as I am concerned.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: to be clear, we had about a hundred ravens overhead, very cool. Also, there was a white bird in the mix. Never figured out what it was, circling around like the rest of them, kind of like turkey vultures. What the hell that white bird was doing, I have no idea? Not pure white, had some brown on the wings. Really strange to see that white bird in formation with a hundred ravens. Must not have been a raptor, they would have went apeshit? LB

[ February 02, 2014, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2014 09:58 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a goat or two left, lots of goat farmers, along with some crow and pig sounds, things I hunt but took off the coon sounds along with the horrid man made howls from various places.

Oh and any sound that is out of my hearing range like mice and some birds. It just doesn't make sense to just sit there not knowing if your call is playing or not.

No black panther sounds or estrous chirps either...

[ February 02, 2014, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: TOM64 ]

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 02, 2014 10:37 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, just curious. Are you using one of the newer WT's ? Atoms, I think they're called ?

Kinda been outta' the loop on this stuff. I think these topics can be, better discussed nowdays, without a pissin' match [Wink]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2014 02:36 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Dave, yes I have the Mighty Atom, the latest and greatest and dam near everyone in between.

Been very happy with it, have the first MA21 with external antenna, and the newer one with no visible antenna and both have not missed a beat since I have had them.

Simple and reliable!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2014 08:54 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Randy. I noticed you mentioned simple, that's me in a nutshell.

I have a Firestorm, I bought new three years ago. Never used it, in the field, couldn't warm up to the remote it's ok mind you.

I just don't like reading the screen. I know that's not a problem for 99% of the folks out there. I'm just wierd, I guess.

Might sell it, and get an Atom. The simple remote being a selling point for someone like me.

Peace..

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2014 04:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I hunted with a friend that had an atom I was 'very' impressed with the sound and the easy remote. Great caller , I've just been scared off by all the internet shit over the owner. And I don't even know him.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2014 05:44 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I will say, I called WT and the lady who answered the phone was very nice and helpful. If I ever want another caller, I'll be sure and put them in the running.
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2014 06:32 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I bettin it was Pat, I always enjoy visiting with her. Both her and Bill have went above and beyond for my screw ups and got me fixed up and running time after time. Run my 2030 over one time with my four wheeler, this was during the changeover to the MA, and they had a new horn to my door overnite!

This MA is dam near bullet proof!

--------------------

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2014 07:23 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
To be totally honest, the reason I didn't go with WT was TA...
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2014 08:40 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Tom. I didn't have the guts to say it.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2014 06:08 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't too many years ago TA, (my pen pal) was praising the Minaska.

To be totally honest, it was and still is Bill Martz that keeps me from considering a WT, not Tim Anderson.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters