The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Wildlife Tech callers (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Author Topic: Wildlife Tech callers
Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2013 09:51 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wanted to know if anyone out there had heard or used one of these and how the sounds compare with Foxpro. I have had good luck with my fx3, but thought of getting something new with different sounds. Just didn't know about the difference in sound quality of the speaker. Also didn't know about the quality of the recorded sounds. I use mainly coyote vocals for at least 75% of my hunting.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2013 10:06 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Baldknobber,

Long time no see. [Wink]

WT vs FoxPro huh... now there's a can of worms. lol

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2013 10:10 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Im not asking about the man who makes them, just the callers. lol

--------------------
JTBMO

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2013 12:31 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure if you have access to P.M, if so check out there call forum..
There are some guys that have and use both brands along with a few others and most agree that the WT has better sounds and the caller is more clearer when playing those sounds. The big issue is some want or need to have other sounds on there caller. Why I don't know for sure, perhaps brand "A" caller sounds are'nt the cats ass like some lead us to believe. The other issue is some guys want to have something to play with while on stand and waiting for a coyote to come in.. Yep! One brand does have a little screen to look at for a list of sounds to play, I don't see it being any different than looking at a cheet sheet on the back of a remote, either way you have to stop and look if not familuar with the sound list..

I've been useing WT's for my calling and can play most any sound without looking at the cheet sheet, its about like remembering phone numbers or your social security number,or the alphabet its not that difficult as some made lead you to believe...
Good sounds, good sound quality and a remote thats easey to work on a stand with no gel ups or freezeing.
If you decide later on you want more sounds its not that big of a deal, just pick out what you need and they will send you a new flash card, no need to send the caller in for this ..
Also if you have "your own" recorded sounds and want them on the WT they can do this for you as well.. Costomer service is good from what I have seen or heard. I've made a few up grades but have yet to send one of there callers in for repair.. I did break the back plastic cap on one of my TOA speakers, Fell of the hood of the truck going down the road with minus 15 temp.s, and I had no problem getting a replacement.. Just so you know the F-P CS uses the same plastic cap and it can also break if the caller is dropped...
If you think you need bells and whistles get a F-P, if you want it simple with great sounds get a WT...

Minaska is suppose to be comeing out with a good caller shortly, not as loud as A WT or F-P CS. but good enough for most types of calling and you can also load sounds onto it. I believe they are comeing out with a better remote as well but simular to a WT remote... Good luck....

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5061 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2013 06:34 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks TA.

--------------------
JTBMO

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2013 07:10 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Baldknobber,
Just email me at snowcamoman@gmail.com and I can give you a call to discuss callers. I've used most of the FoxPro's and the WT's. [Smile]

[ January 16, 2013, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Baldknobber
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2013 05:41 AM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Email sent Tundra Wookie. Whether I get a
foxpro CS-24 0r WT the thing I really hate to give up is the size of my fx3. Foxpro callers this size and shape are just so handy and easy to carry.They fit easily into a fanny pack and are easy to hide. I wont giveup my foxpro, just looking for something new to try. Thanks guys

--------------------
JTBMO

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 10:10 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I really don't think you could go wrong with either of the E-callers you mentioned(CS-24 or Mighty Atom) Both models will call Coyotes,which one has better sounds? Depends on who you talk to and which ones they are using. lol

I think most of the success that is had with either of these callers has more to do with the experience of the Coyote hunter than the caller itself.

All things being equal,and If you setup correctly and use it properly there would be no real difference in the success you have with either one.IMO

I really think the ONLY problem with Foxpro is they have really saturated the market with E-Callers and you have ALOT of callers out there that are new to the sport and they don't understand the first thing about calling coyotes,and they're out there educating the hell out of them. Not the E-callers fault,it's the hunters fault....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 12:07 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I think most of the success that is had with either of these callers has more to do with the experience of the Coyote hunter than the caller itself
I agree if a hunter just wants to go out and call a few coyotes in, it can be done with most any brand...

quote:
ALOT of callers out there that are new to the sport and they don't understand the first thing about calling coyotes,and they're out there educating the hell out of them
And IMO this is where one brand can be better than the other, provided the hunter does have some exsperiance....

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 12:27 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim:And IMO this is where one brand can be better than the other, provided the hunter does have some exsperiance....

I'm glad you gave the disclaimer "IMO", because I don't buy that bullshit at all. But you just keep drinking that WT koolaid...lol

Good Hunting Chad

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 01:00 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Tim...Why would one brand be better to buy in terms of educating coyote? WT sounds can be had dirt cheap now on low budget callers like the Flextones and IcoTecs. Does it chap you to know the WT sounds are so easily had now? Even a new ma-21 purchase gets most all of the coyote vocals. Bummer for the guys that spent huge sums of cash in the past to get the sounds. That and the sounds are not open source really stinks.
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 01:35 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does it chap you to know the WT sounds are so easily had now?
Nope, not one little bit..
The sounds they get are of poor quality and the caller they are used in is'nt capable to reproduce the sounds the same as the WT caller..
Any time you take a recorded sound and record it, it degrades in quality and the only way to get and use the exact sound and have it sound the same is if you get it off from the master disc. or tape, but quality will still suffer...
Do you happen to know who owns some of these other call makeing companies or who there investers are???????????

quote:
I'm glad you gave the disclaimer "IMO", because I don't buy that bullshit at all.
Chad just keep that in mind next time you have a coyote or more that refuses to come in to your stands..

I would like nothing more than to come out to your part of the country and prove you wrong, but you say you don't have many coyotes around so it would'nt be worth my time other than to just prove a point..
Just keep comeing up with a excuse as to why they won't come in... [Big Grin]

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 02:31 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Tim,

Post's like your last one show how truly novice you really are when it comes to calling coyotes. lol

I NEVER said we didn't have good numbers of Coyotes here in Utah,just that they can be tough to call at times. I still manage to do quite well here compared to the vast majority of callers.So really you don't have a clue what you're talking about. In fact I got a Ben Franklin in my pocket that says I kill more coyotes in a given year than you do. But that's beside the point.

And second I didn't make excuses about anything!!!!

Good Hunting Chad

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 02:44 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info on how the quality of sounds works, you are truly a genius.

TArimmer,
Is it you're belief that the louder and clearer a sound is the better the chances to call a coyote?

Edit: Let's hear your insider info on all of these caller companies too. Please dazzle us with your knowledge.

[ January 19, 2013, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 03:56 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
If I were running a e-call manufacturing company and wanted some extra cash, I think I'd market some sort of bullshit "Secret Sound List." Quietly spread the word that this "List" is available, but not to everyone. Use the ploy of "Only sold to Professional Government Hunters and Guides." Charge $200 for 4 "secret sounds" and really play it up.

When the average Joe calls and begs to buy the list, occasionally sell them the sounds, but also deny a guy every so often. You gotta make them think the sounds really are special and for every 1 guy you piss off, 4 more will be feeling special because they got'em and will tell everyone how great they are, even if in reality they aren't anything special.

Hell, even a high school student with a C- in Economics class is smart enough to know that when people think anything is somehow special or limited they scramble to open their wallets.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 04:17 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny , you are diabolical.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 04:24 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I threw out all the T-bone steak and salmon in my freezer to clear space for Hostess Twinkies and Ding Dongs... [Smile]

$20 a box plus shipping. Just tell me how many you want, but the limit is two per customer. And if I don't like ya, they are not for sale!

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 04:24 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is it you're belief that the louder and clearer a sound is the better the chances to call a coyote?
Just any coyote. No!

quote:
Bummer for the guys that spent huge sums of cash in the past to get the sounds.
No different than someone buying a new truck.

quote:
Post's like your last one show how truly novice you really are when it comes to calling coyotes.
Was thinking the same about your posts.. [Razz]

quote:
In fact I got a Ben Franklin in my pocket that says I kill more coyotes in a given year than you do.
As everyone else knows I don't have the numbers like you or others have. So I have to make due with trying to call whats there rather than just drive down the road a 1/2 mile.

quote:
And second I didn't make excuses about anything!!!!
No not here, but you do..

quote:
Let's hear your insider info on all of these caller companies too
Thought you already knew.. [Confused]

Lonny there are no secrete sounds, just good clear sounds that some don't happen to have...
Take Wookie he thinks he is special because he thinks he is the only one that has all the WT sounds. In reality he does'nt and happens to be missing a few good ones. LOL [Big Grin]

[ January 19, 2013, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: TA17Rem ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 04:37 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Timmy boy, I'd wager a few Franklins that I have more WT vocals than you do. In fact, I'd go ALL IN and wager $1000 I have a bigger library of different WT coyote vocals than you do.

You'll have to send me your MA-21 SD card though to verify. I'll take a screenshot of your sounds with the total number and then put it side by side against mine. Whoever has more gets the Franklin's. What say ye? I understand if you come up with some pathetic excuse though like you don't trust me or you're afraid I'd keep your card or some other weak explanation. I'll pay for the shipping and insurance of your SD card and certified mail showing that it arrived and was signed by me. I won't send you my stuff though, since they're original open source files.

If you have more sounds, I'll happily say so here on this forum and send you the money.

We all know that you don't know TA, so don't be a proud and stubborn old man. Bring on the excuses though, I'm sure we'll hear it like before.

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 04:58 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
You may have more coyote vocals and you may not, and you also may not have some of the same as what I have. But hey just keep bragging you do..LOL

quote:
pathetic excuse though like you don't trust me
Its been proven, you can't be trusted..

quote:
I won't send you my stuff though, since they're original open source files.

But you have the balls to think I will send mine..

No excuses, just is'nt going to happen... Ha ha ha....

Just a question: Where do you think all your WT sounds came from?????

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 05:02 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Man Tim I would love to see where I said that I couldn't get the Coyotes to come in. And that I am making excuses for not calling coyotes. [Roll Eyes]

Then you get finished saying that you don't want to come out here and show me how to call because we don't have the numbers to make it worth your time,then your very next post you're saying that you don't have the numbers back where you live that we have here. Which one is it. lol

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 05:07 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Take Wookie he thinks he is special because he thinks he is the only one that has all the WT sounds. In reality he does'nt and happens to be missing a few good ones.
Which one's do you think I'm missing TA?

quote:
Lonny there are no secrete sounds, just good clear sounds that some don't happen to have...
Again I ask Timmy, which sounds don't some have?

quote:

pathetic excuse though like you don't trust me
Its been proven, you can't be trusted..

I can be trusted, ask the many guys whose WT's I've fixed before. Did they get their callers back better than when they sent it to me? Like I said, you'd come up with a weak excuse.

quote:
I won't send you my stuff though, since they're original open source files.
But you have the balls to think I will send mine..

No excuses, just is'nt going to happen... Ha ha ha....

Your sounds are not open source and do me no good. You'd probably keep copies of mine and get a FoxPro to play them on.

quote:
Just a question: Where do you think all your WT sounds came from?????
That's for me to know and for you to never find out. [Smile] I learned that type of tap dancing response from you....like it?

[ January 19, 2013, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 05:17 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Then you get finished saying that you don't want to come out here and show me how to call because we don't have the numbers to make it worth your time
Just going by what you said some time back, is'nt that why you go out of state to call in the big numbers....

You may not know but our coyotes farther up north are much easier to call than the southern part of the state. Its far enough from home that I would have to get a hotel room, another exspense.. The numbers are a little better up north but if I'm going to spend the money I would rather go to S.D since they have way more coyotes to play with..More bang for the buck!

Same can be said for where you live, I'm not going to go all that way just for a few coyotes and to prove a point. But hey if I happen to be out that way again I'll let you know but at the moument Wyoming is on my bucket list.... [Big Grin]

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 05:27 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your sounds are not open source and do me no good. You'd probably keep copies of mine and get a FoxPro to play them on.
And how do you know that if you have never seen them??? LOL

I'll be sure to show you a pic of the first F-P I ever get just as the sledge hammer comes down on it...
There are a few stores close by that sell them, I just walk on by and keep smileing..ha ha ha

The answer to the question of where do WT sounds come from was actually a simple question with a simple answer.. They come from WT..Bill has all of them and many many more of them that you don't have.. ha ha ha

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2013 05:30 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
TA:Just going by what you said some time back, is'nt that why you go out of state to call in the big numbers....

I always go to Nevada a couple times a year because I really love the Nevada High Desert,killing the "big numbers" out there is definitely the icing on the cake. Had some pretty good days here in Utah too.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters