The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » The List... are you on it? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: The List... are you on it?
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 04:21 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been going back through some old posts, trying to sort out who's waiting for calls.

And there's a couple of you who've been waiting a long time and never made it on any "official" list.

I'm working on a bunch of calls right now, and they'll need homes. [Wink]

The following will be the "picking order", though few calls already have places to go.

I need the following people to contact me, to figure out what you want; (ie dark or light colored wood, long or short body, fancy or field grade)
Lonny
JoeF
Tripp
Crow Woman
RainShadow

I already have a call picked out for the following people;

Ninthinning
Leonard
Kelly

Notable mentions;

Cal (I still need a shipping address)
Brent Saxton (I need to know if you want this plum wood I have, and a shipping address)
NASA (I haven't forgotten I need to make another AI/Circé for you)

And two people who never asked, but I'd like them to own one of the calls I make.
Jerry H
and last but not least
Mercer.

I'm sure I am missing somebody, if I did, or if you just want to get in line now, holler... if you think you deserve to cut in line, holler louder! [Big Grin]

Krusty  -

[ September 28, 2007, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ninthinning
Knows what it's all about
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 06:29 PM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Krusty, Looking forward to getting my new call.  -
9th

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 07:11 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Krusty! COULD YOU PUT ME IN THE FRONT OF THE LINE.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5065 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 13, 2007 11:32 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah,

Wiley E, he belongs under the heading of people I'd like to see own a call I made.
So does Major, since he basically taught me to make calls, is he gonna be at the campout?

9th,

I hope to have your call done in a day or so. Kelly's too.

TA,

I'd be glad to slip you in.

I thought you didn't want a call?

Knowing what you've said in the past about "not needing custom calls", I consider it a compliment that you want one now.
Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 05:38 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, I'd like to be added to the list. Bob Addy spoke highly of your calls and I've wanted to try one ever since.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 05:50 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Alright Krusty. Looking forward to getting your call.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Joel Hughes
SPECIAL GUEST
Member # 384

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 08:24 AM      Profile for Joel Hughes           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember at one time that I might get lucky and get a mesquite call. But that was a long time ago.
Joel

Posts: 145 | From: texas | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
bowjunkie
Member # 887

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 11:02 AM      Profile for bowjunkie           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, I love the calls I have from ya but would like to get one to use [Wink] so when ya get an extra I would like on the list as well

Ed

Posts: 35 | From: the high mountians | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 05:02 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom,

Yeah Bob killed a lot of critters with the calls he got from me.
He's one of those guys who kills a lot of critters.

I don't want to get to far ahead of myself, I'll e-mail you when I'm ready to start on your call.

Joel,

See this is why I asked, I knew there were people I'd forgotten.

You're right you were supposed to get a (Texas) mesquite call, but I don't think I have a usable piece left.
Let me see what I can round up.

Ed,

All the calls I make, are meant to be used.

I hunted a stand near a bear feeding station this spring with the maple call, and the bloodwood call was made to go turkey hunting.

They both have a lanyard groove, don't be shy, hang them on your lanyard and take them hunting.
I would.

If you want another call, I can do that. I'll see if I can ugly one up enough that you'll take it into the woods. [Smile] lol

That leaves me pondering... you guys that have calls that are "too nice to take into the woods"... where do you take them?
Out to dinner, or dancing and a show?
Do you save them for a special occasion, when you really want to piss off the wife? [Razz]

Krusty  -

--------------------

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 06:41 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty: you are the one that said i did'nt need a custom call after you read one of my post from some other site. Anyway i would like to try one out if its ok with you..My lanyard holds 5 calls and i only have four hanging from it. I hopeing the 5th loop will hold one of youre's.. Thanks and takecare...

--------------------

Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2007 08:20 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
TA,

Yup you're right, I formed my opinion after reading your's. [Wink]
If I read your opinion on custom calls, it was on this site, I don't visit any other predator calling boards anymore.

Anyhow, I'd be glad to make you a call, hopefully it will be worthy of that fifth spot. [Smile]

What are the other four?

What (open reed) call do you really not like? And what is your favorite?

I apologize if I made a mistake, and assumed you didn't want a call before, I'll get to it as soon as I can.

Krusty  -

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2007 03:03 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty; I have two open reed howlers made by Jerry Hunsley, Cronk screamer, Zepp rabbit closed reed. I also have a Yote buster that has been modified that i like the most but have'nt put on laynard.

--------------------

Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 03:39 PM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty... I'm leaving this decision up to you. I know you will make a call someday and say... this needs to go to the ole crow and it will be on it's way, and it will be perfect. In the meantime, would you please email me your mailing address? sheribaity@yahoo.com I'm so excited and honored to be on that list of yours! Thank You! [Cool]

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
rainshadow1
Member # 899

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 05:51 PM      Profile for rainshadow1   Author's Homepage   Email rainshadow1         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,

I've got time... But keep me on the list. I want one of your calls. (To use a few times, then to put in the collection.)

I'll build you a howler to your specs. (Materials, size, style, mantle or lanyard, etc.) Just make it equitable, as my howlers have gone anywhere from $16 to $320!

Again, I've got time...

[ September 16, 2007, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: rainshadow1 ]

--------------------
- - Steve
RainShadow Game Calls & Custom Knives
Cougar E-Sound Library, Hand Calls, & Call-In Story Library.
www.rain-shadow.com

Posts: 152 | From: NW Washington | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2007 06:17 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty If you dont remimber we spoke about a trade so I could get a call from you. (I WILL PAY)!
I was up in near Wash. yesterday scouting for hunting area. Found and got permishion for a few areas lots of sign.

Let me know when it is ready you have my E-ml ady

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 02:37 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
TA,

Dang, nothin' like stackin' the deck against a guy?

I've never tried any of the calls you mention, so I don't have much to go on.
I'll just give it my best shot.

Crow Woman,

Funny, how things work out. I just made a call, and thought, "this is HER"...

A tiger maple She Howler Replica.

I can't think of a better person to have it, than you. [Smile]

On and off the list, in record time. [Big Grin]

Rainshadow,

I know I said elsewhere on the internet, I'd like to "test drive" your calls, I'm not looking to make any trades.

Ninthinning asked to make a trade a while back, and I declined, so it wouldn't really be fair for me to change my policy now.
Also I don't use a howler, so your time would be wasted making me one.

I you still want a call, I'd be glad to accommodate you, if not, I understand.

Kevin,

I remember correctly you offered to trade a "guided hunt" for a call I made.
And I didn't think then, and I still don't think now, that's a fair trade, for you.

Since you already said you are willing to pay (not trade), I'll holler when I am ready to make you one.

Krusty  -

P.S. I am waiting on finish to dry, but I'll be shipping some calls by the end of the week.

--------------------

KevinKKaller
Member # 559

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2007 05:28 PM      Profile for KevinKKaller   Author's Homepage   Email KevinKKaller         Edit/Delete Post 
KK Like I told you then The trade would be worth it to ME!

Mayby not for you?

I am travoling up and around Northern ID Gaining permision to hunt

So if you ever change your mind The offer will stand.
I am wanting to get some really good pelts this year so I am primarily working the areas wear the prices are the highest.

Good Hunting Kevin

--------------------
Maker of K-Kalls

Posts: 126 | From: Idaho | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2007 01:31 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from vacation and saw this. Krusty, I would like very much to be added to the list. Something in the way of a Critter Call replica in PurpleHeart or similar wood with the Krusty Krier logo would be great.

If I can get caught up on projects the next couple of days, I'll get some prints of that picture of us sitting on the tailgate and send you one. It turned out pretty nice. A couple of dashing, handsome charactors if ever there were any. We're just lucky that the women there didn't mob us. (I seem to be lucky a lot that way.)

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 11:00 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

I have been trying to come up with a reply to your post, for days.

I hope you understand that it's not that I don't want to go hunting with you.
When I turned down your offer, I didn't want to go (coyote) hunting AT ALL.

Not all that much has changed about that, a little, but not much.

There's a million reasons why I feel like I do, and I could probably go on forever, but I won't.

I do feel like making calls. So that's what I am doing, right now. [Smile]

Kokopelli,

Yeah, I told you when we met up, I was going to bring you a call, but I thought you already owned one.

I'll e-mail my shipping address, and the details on your call.

Krusty  -

--------------------

TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 02:42 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, one day we might hook up and I will get a call from you, but for now, I have to tell ya, I would REALLY like to see what a $320.00 howler looks like.

AL

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 05:36 PM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
+Coyote Adult Hunting Whines
+Coyote Adult Beta M Challenge
+Coyote Adult M Challenge
+Coyote Adult M Territorial
+Coyote Young M Territorial Aggressive
+Coyote 8 Month Distress
+Coyote Adult M&F Territorial
+Coyote Pup Whining
+Coyote Adult M Rally Howl
+Coyote Adult M Group Rally Howl
-------------------------------
=$320

You oughtta know that TheHuntedOne, I heard you just bought a pricey howler?

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2007 12:03 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Al,

Someday eh? [Wink]

Don't tell me bro, tell Rainshadow, and I'll look over your shoulder... I'm fairly interested in seeing what a $320 howler looks like myself, but I'll tell you, I'd really like to see what the guy who bought it looks like. [Roll Eyes]

Jrb,

Interesting math.

Tell us the rumor about Al, man?

Krusty  -

P.S. If I knew what any of them sounds were, I might have use for a howler.

[ September 24, 2007, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------

ninthinning
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2007 01:21 PM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty,
My new call came today. This call makes the finest and most unique animal in distress sound I have heard. The sounds produced by the call have a quality that is wired deep into an animals instincts. This call makes me want to head back to the mountains. Here is a picture you will like. I was hunting last week, while making fawn in distress sounds with my old Krusty Krier this doe appeared. Didn't think the pictures would come out as the day was just dawning but mostly dark. Not sure if she could make me out or not but after a few seconds a cat roared in the distance and she vanished.

-

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2007 10:06 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rainshadow,

I know I said elsewhere on the internet, I'd like to "test drive" your calls, I'm not looking to make any trades.

I you still want a call, I'd be glad to accommodate you, if not, I understand.

Rainshadow,

Ya out there?

Tom,

You got lucky... it looks like Brent doesn't want this plum wood I have, so you're getting a call from it.

What size shoe do you wear?

Joel,

See post to Tom. [Smile]

Kevin,

Same same, plum wood, shoe size... do you have any idea what style call you'd like me to make?

*For those of you that are confused, shoe size helps me to know what size your hand is, so I can make a call that fits.

9th,

That picture just plain sucks...

Well not the photo itself. That's awesome.
I love the leaves scattered on the ground, and the "closeness" of the deer.
I can almost imagine the smell of the crisp fall morning, and hear the rustle of leaves as she trotted up.

It sucks that the calls I make are so good at calling deer, and that you didn't get to see the cat. [Smile]

Do you have a season on cats, and or tags?

TA,

Check yer mail... I really wanna show everyone your call.
But I want to know you have it first.

*Those of you who might have seen it, keep it secret, eh? [Smile]
Now y'all know where it's going.

Krusty  -

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2007 11:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I wear a 13 if that helps?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters