The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Collection of beautiful Predator calls

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Collection of beautiful Predator calls
ninthinning
Knows what it's all about
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 09:04 AM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
These are some of my recent acquisitions and creations:
 -

[ July 15, 2007, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: ninthinning ]

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

Posts: 67 | From: Colden | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
furhvstr
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 09:29 AM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Your'e gonna need more pockets!
Posts: 144 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 11:32 AM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
I see some hippo ivory in there that I had my eye on at one time. [Wink] Maybe a pig fang as well?

[ July 15, 2007, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: NASA ]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 12:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, I think those are warthog tusks. I have a couple sets mounted, up in the den.....from my big adventure.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ninthinning
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 01:53 PM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, I was thinking about you yesterday. You once posted your concern about the plight of the American honey bee. What ever killed all the bees wiped all my hives out. It was like silent spring here this Spring. Then, the most amazing thing happened. I didn't clean up my hives like I normally would. About two weeks ago wild swarms of bees began moving into the abandoned hives. My home bee yard came back to life with out me lifting a single super. Now I have thriving colonies everywhere. Still do not know what killed all the bees.

furhvstr, figured I'd hire a Sherpa.

Leonard, Those are warthog tusks, way to loud, makes your ears ring for hours. Calmed then down with a second reed like Krusty uses.

Heres pictures of my new girls. They battle wasps constantly. These pictures show one of the girls doing battle.

Thank you,
9th

-

-

-

[ July 15, 2007, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: ninthinning ]

--------------------
Their horses are swifter than leopards, fiercer than wolves at dusk - Habakkuk 1:8

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 02:47 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Ninth: I found youre missing Bee's, they are up here in God's country. [Big Grin]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
NASA
Member # 177

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 03:16 PM      Profile for NASA           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, when I said "pig fangs" I was referring to warthog.

Congrats on getting new residents in the old hives. I hope they aren't of the Africanized variety. [Eek!]

Posts: 1168 | From: Typical White Person | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
JeremyKS
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted July 15, 2007 06:04 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice set of calls you got there!
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted July 17, 2007 05:25 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Not to take this thread off on a tangent (like that never happens), but I've seen more bees this year in central Kansas than in the last five years combined! This past season, I think it was in December before the blizzard, we were out calling coons and I spotted a big cottonwood tree with a basketball-sized hole about as high as the top of my head. On stood on my tip toes to look in and see if coons had been using it and that whole danged tree was full of honeycomb and bees. About a brazillion of them, I believe. First hive I've found in a long, long time.

BTW, nice collection! I just snagged a Herter's off Ebay for ten bucks this weekend, in the box. I'm giddy!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ninthinning
Member # 900

Icon 1 posted July 18, 2007 07:16 AM      Profile for ninthinning           Edit/Delete Post 
TA17Rem, Good to hear that. Here's a picture of a call that proves your point. A good sounding call doesn't have to be pretty. It looks like this but it is one of the finest sounding calls I've ever heard.

-
 -

NASA, Think I'll call them "hog fangs" after your apt description when they go big time.

JeremyKS, I got carried away with my collecting.

Cdog911, That is wonderful news. After all the troubles bees are having from imported alien mites, viruses, bacteria, beatles and what ever the hell hit us last year, its wonderful to hear about healthy wild stock. Bees in the wild pollinated all our crops up until about eight years ago when 90% of wild honey bees were killed by an imported Asian mite. Thanks for the good news. That is the future of honey bee stock that is tough and survived the troubles.

9th

[ July 18, 2007, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: ninthinning ]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters