The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Best Sounds for the Ecaller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best Sounds for the Ecaller
BillfMO
Knows what it's all about
Member # 192

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2003 02:05 PM      Profile for BillfMO   Email BillfMO         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok all you guys with electronic callers here is your chance to, tell all, what sounds you like the best for caller predators.

I have picked up a Foxpro and am not sure I like the sounds on the unit so was thinking I mite send it back and get new ones. What do you recommend for bobcat,fox and coyote? Also which sound do you like for which animal?

Thanks for your help in advance!!!

BillfMO

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2003 03:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think a guy should have canine puppies, rodent squeals, grey fox pup and a gravely jackrabbit; minimum. There are lots of others that work great, but if you just had those four, you should attract a lot of interest.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31496 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2003 05:15 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard hit the top tunes for sure. If you can ever get your hands on a tape of baby pigs squealing, Grab it.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Seldom Ever
Member # 185

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2003 05:41 PM      Profile for Seldom Ever   Email Seldom Ever         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought 2 that I thought might work well, but I've never been calling yet with anything.Do you think coyote and fawn distress tape,and coyote and turkey distress tape, would work well ?

--------------------
One Shot,One Kill.

Posts: 293 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
varmit hunter
Member # 37

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2003 06:09 PM      Profile for varmit hunter   Email varmit hunter         Edit/Delete Post 
Both have worked for me.

--------------------
Make them pay for the wind.

Posts: 932 | From: Orange,TX | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted May 30, 2003 09:02 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
My particular E-caller has a 16 sound library,hawks screeching,hares with throaty cries,foxes fighting and crying,and the obligatory coyote vocalizations that someone thinks they have identified. What sound gets used 98% of the time?...the faithful ole cottontail in distress! I still swear this sound crosses the bridge with some kind of sound that has similarities to all young animals in distress, and just like a juke box, I press A-1 on the key pad at almost every stand. Ive called bobcats,fox,coyotes, raptors, ravens and a fair share of lions using this sound, it's a great one!

~Az-Hunter~

--------------------------

" Most rifles shoot better than the man behind the trigger"

Posts: 1634 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
BillfMO
Member # 192

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 03:55 PM      Profile for BillfMO   Email BillfMO         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys: Thanks for posting your picks of sounds that you do use or think are the correct sound to use. I have my own list of sounds that I think would be correct but am looking for other ideas. I have a 16 sound unit on its way, here is the sounds on it. Coyote Serenade Coyote pup distress
Male challenge
Coyote female invitation
Coyote/Rabbit
coyote/fawn
Gray fox pup #1
Gray fox pup#2
Rabbit distress #1
Rodent squeak
Canine pup distress
Deer distress
Crow fight
crow party
Crow duet
Crow/hawk

Here is what I was thinking I would like on one if I was to buy it new.

Coyote pup distress
Gray fox distress
Red fox distress
Canine pup
Jack rabbit distress
Rabbit distress #1
Rabbit distress#2
Rabbit duet
Rodent squeak
Chicken
Kitten distress
Deer distress
Woodpecker
coyote/rabbit
coyote/fawn
baby pig distress

If there is any other ideas don't be afraid to put in your 2 cents worth. I don't think there is really a wrong answer because something may work for one and not someone else.

So give me your list.

BillfMO

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 05:59 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,

I am curious to know why you wouldn't, like Rich Cronk, put your own sounds into your list?

I would think the way you use an e-caller out there in Missouri is to isolate yourself from the sound because of the wide openess of your stands (but I could be a confused woods boy on that, living in wet trees makes us funny in the head [Razz] ).
Wouldn't it be to your advantage to have a quality sound nobody else does on you machine?

Get_em_high_cottontail (Bill made it) would be on my e-caller, I already have a tape of it for my RS-caller! And your own howling is quite good, by combining similar howls with hand calls and your e-caller you could be two coyotes that speak the same "pack" howls, both in two distinctly different places.

Do you think you'd be liklier to use your hand calls to bring them in, and then use the e-caller to direct them to a particlur place for the shot, because you can see them before they are in range for a shot?

Thanks,

Jeff  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
BillfMO
Member # 192

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2003 06:54 PM      Profile for BillfMO   Email BillfMO         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Krusty see you found me: As to why not use my own sounds on Foxpro? I have them hanging around my neck or in my pocket at all times when on stand. But like I said on other place I am thinking about getting the PC-1, I think it is called, and put sounds I have from my comput to replace the sounds I don't like that are on the unit now.

As to why I am wanting a Ecaller is to get the sound away from me when they come into the call. The unit I am getting doesn't have the remote which I do think I'll get installed. Yes I will most likely use the mouth calls along with the Ecall.

BillfMO

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters