The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Good Video

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Video
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 07:47 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I've followed these guys (Montana Wild) for a while and they do some nice video work. I especially like this video because one of my best friend's and coyote hunting partner's basically stars in it. My friend is the big guy doing all the calling. Other than Les Johnson's brother, my buddy Matt is Les Johnson's right hand man with Predator Quest. He's got a heart bigger than Montana and is a solid gold person. Makes for a great hunting partner. Anyway, I thought some of you might enjoy the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GlqssYOBzU

Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 09:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have not hunted (very much) those rolling hills covered with grass. It doesn't look like it would hold many coyotes, but looks could be deceiving? Can we assume it is private ranch land where the video was filmed?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 10:03 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I wasn't with them so I can't answer that about the private land. However, I will say that is what 90% of what I hunt looks like around here. I will also note, that there isn't an over abundance of good public land for coyote hunting in Montana. Not because it gets over hunted, but more because a lot of the public land isn't real good coyote habitat.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 10:53 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
This country is so different than the desert..

It would be a nice change to use a quality rifle and make ethical long range shots like the video.

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 11:01 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I call a lot of areas close to home with the rolling grassy hills, or meadows etc. I hate it. Id rather call desert-like looking areas, or rugged looking stuff. Just my preference, but ya gotta call what you have...or travel.
I love the desert, maybe I watched to many coyote vs. roadrunner cartoons growing up?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 12:35 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
That was a good video, love that big open looking country. The only areas that big and open here that I've found is above the Arctic Circle, north of the Brooks Range.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2014 02:38 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
I like pizza!

May not be that big, but there are places in AZ that are plenty big enough to quench any of those questions. And until I expended some effort calling them, my opinion was the same...can't get anything done here. Another urban legend busted.

Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Big Red Fox
PAKMAN
Member # 3648

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2014 08:39 AM      Profile for Big Red Fox           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!! You're too kind Troy!! To answer your question Leonard, the ground we hunted on was all Block Management or State Ground. So, it is private, but through the Block Management program it is all 100% accessible by the public. So, it all gets hammered pretty good. But, when you hang around guys like Les Johnson...you learn a trick or two (or twenty) and, every now and again you get lucky. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I may have learned a trick or two from Troy, too!! My favorite calling method is howling. But, that day it wasn't necessary. A little tune on the Ruffidawg was all it took. [Smile] We had a pile of fun. Zack and Travis at Montana Wild do a great job on their productions. I'd highly recommend checking out their other videos as well.
Posts: 5 | From: Montana | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters