The New Huntmastersbbs!
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Took the lid off PU, and it fucking STINKS (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15 

Author Topic: Took the lid off PU, and it fucking STINKS
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 12:07 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps there is an innuendo of guilt by association. The whole birds of a feather, cliche.

I guess it was done as sarcasm? How far can that be taken?

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 12:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Al. Nobody has mentioned any hunting partner of Tony's. I have never even heard the name before, so he is in the clear, as far as I am concerned? I imagine TT has hunted with more than one guy and it would be kind of stupid to play the "guilt by association card".

Besides that, I think this is about cheating people and mistreating dogs, not stretching it to include coyote hunting partners? It's okay if he drives a Ford, too.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 12:25 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I asked because I consider Kerry a friend and as far as I know he's never caused anyone any grief. He hunted with TT a couple of times, but that sure doesn't make him anything like him. I don't think the birds of a feather applies to Kerry in any way.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
knockemdown, I don't put much emphasis on a post made by someone whose IQ is parallel to their shoe size, so don't be concerned.

Kerry Carver is a great call maker and he and Tony have hunted as partners in a lot of events.

My point was that my post was made before the thread went south, no leg humping intended.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 12:47 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
One thing that bothers me a great deal in all this is the fact that Mike Granger locked that thread over at PM. I like Mike. Heck, he only lives about an hour and a half from my front door, but I think he used poor judgement in locking that thread. For that matter, I think PM is doing a terrible job all the way around, and not just with this particular thread. I cannot believe how edit happy they are over there. Just lask week I made an honest post and stated facts about a business and its owner. Less than 24 hours later my post was edited. As far as I'm concerned they should just delete the entire post if they are going to change what I said. Because once it's edited, it's no longer "my" words. I used to think you guys were a little over the top in regards to the PM crew, but now I believe you were spot on. It just took me a while to figure it out.
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 12:51 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
The mods should let threads die out instead of locking them down. Let the players involved hash it out instead of using some kind of faux derailment to lock it.
The only time they pull the plug is when one of their own is being 'truthered'.

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 01:00 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
They protect certain people and businesses. I sent Mike a PM myself over the editing and removing of post over there also.

I quit posting there. They probably don't GAF anyways.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 02:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got fucked over on PM so long ago, actually it was late September 2001 while I was out of the country, but who cares? If I couldn't run things the way I wanted, well, that's when I decided to take over Huntmasters. Those guys just don't get it, and that's why, to this day, I will never allow banner ads on this site.

The way they see it, when somebody buys ad space they have an obligation and the fact is, the advertisers OWN them. I have since had a change of heart regarding Foxpro, but for the longest time I assumed it was Foxpro that squawked every time a discussion turned to a competitor, but I believe the knee jerk reaction is so ingrained that the friggin' ProStaff takes it upon themselves and it's second nature. They probably don't even understand what they are doing that's wrong. They think they are keeping the peace but they are suppressing truth. Some of us have a problem with that.

Anyway, nothing has changed, for those that are paying attention. They have always edited and deleted and protected their friends and advertisers. When some dustup happens and I am forced to check it out, nothing has changed! Same old, same old. Predator Masters is corrupt, rotten to the core, no other way of spinning it. I am amazed that there are still so many people that put up with how they run things.

Basically, the difference between here and there is they are trying to make a buck off of advertising and selling hats. On the other hand, this site costs me money, I make absolutely nothing, it's a net loss for the past twelve years. I sure hope you guys know the difference and why I keep this broken down site running best I can, although it's getting a bit harder these days. I mean, the program has a few problems, bugs, not financially.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 02:56 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Predator Masters hasn't been worth a shit for over 10 years. Wish they would just close up shop....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 03:17 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Remember when Jim Champion aka "Riverrunner" got the boot from PM a number of years back and he came here and let the cat out of the bag about how crooked that bunch really was.

That latest dustup is just another added to the many that have plagued the place for years.

It doesn't take much of a visionary to say there will be more...

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 03:21 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
An armed society is a polite society! Around here, everyone is packin'...lol. Thats the beauty of this place. You can say what ever you want, you just have to be willing to deal with the rebuttal, because everyone else has the same privaledge.

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 03:55 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I registered here in '05 and at PM in' 05. I quit going to PM around '08? when Higgins, Vic and Cal were railroaded.
Those were some weird days. Brent Saxton quit as mod, River Runner was run off, Tony Tebbe was giving some joke online advice on making horn howlers and whining when Mr. Cronk piped in. "This is my howler thread... Wah wah" and some other third grade bull shit. The guy was making howlers for a year or less and was giving online tutorials. Sick bastard.

[ March 20, 2013, 03:58 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 03:56 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i ai'nt one to get in the habit of bad mouthing people, but... Duane (former dog forum) mod. has been known to piss off plenty of people. including me. i just got into a pissing match with him a couple months ago about editing photos.
i posted a pic of a domestic (wild) cat i'd shot. he deleted it and than goes and post pics of his dogs ripping a coyote to shreds.
i called him out on it and he went into a hissy fit. even called me a Stud [Big Grin]
at least with this site, i've perty much came to trust those here giving advise. good group of knowledgable guys.
wish a few old quite members would chime in more often though. i still have alot to learn [Smile]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh huh, that's the truth. It kinda disappointed me, in a way when I visited with Vic Carlson a month ago, down in McNeal. He said he reads this board at least once maybe twice a day. But, he hardly ever has anything to say, and that's too bad because there are a lot of guys here that would benefit if he'd open his mouth a little more often.

He's not the only one, either. Fact is, by looking at my data, we have a hell of a lot of lurkers, a good amount not even registered on Huntmasters. I used to post that information once in a while, but take my word for it, we get a hell of a lot of hits, and that's where the ads would pay off, if I had any interest in it. Yeah, I might be throwing money away, but my conscience doesn't bother me, I'm beholden to no one.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: oh, forgot to add: our depth of knowledge on HM is second to none! Our members have an awesome amount of experience, in case you hadn't noticed?

[ March 20, 2013, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:20 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
indeed.
i really miss Huber's stuff.

kinda like our member DiYi. perhaps the BEST musky guy alive but mum's the word!! [Smile]

[ March 20, 2013, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott's another one. He's still here but I think his priorities have changed a little bit. He drops in now and then.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:49 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
i'll admit. i've had a couple DAMN good coyote hunters help me along and will ALWAYS be greatfull and call them my friends. i will also say that it seems like many (want) to be good but just don't have "it"
whatever "it" is. because of the internet, i believe allot of the true,good hunters/trappers have just learned to keep quite about tecniques. and i don't blame them abit.

Chris S
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:51 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to a couple guys on another forum regarding HM and they said they visit but don't know if they'd 'fit in'. Whatever that means.

Staying on topic... TT is a great guy with tons of knowledge about coyotes, calling and decoy dogs, especially, Iowa coyotes. Keep it up the good work Tony.

[ March 20, 2013, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:54 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
can't say how many times i about aborted this site when i first joined??. alot!!.
however, i seen Randy R,Scott H and Jerry H were members and chimed in so........ i stayed [Smile]

JeremyKS
Knows what it's all about
Member # 736

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 05:56 PM      Profile for JeremyKS   Author's Homepage   Email JeremyKS         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard would you happen to have Scott's email address? If so would you mind emailing it to me?
Posts: 369 | From: Texas panhandle | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 06:10 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I often have thought about the possibility of you allowing the number of views per thread to be visible, as opposed to just the replies.

Also, the number of users visible would be interesting, like number of members and guests, or whatever.

Edit: A member list would be nice too, since I am asking. [Big Grin]

[ March 20, 2013, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 06:11 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Despite what Dim Anderson's inflated ego might imagine, I did not come here to stalk his worthlessness. TR invited me and at first I wasn't sure what to think. However after lurking and posting for a while I got to where I like the place. The fact that Leonard is really tolerant helps a lot. I also noted that people I have a lot of respect for post here. As long as one doesn't have super thin skin this is a great place to learn and hang out. I have to agree with Leonard, it's pretty tough to find more knowledge and experience than what the members of this site can offer. Plus getting to bash Dim once in a while is always a pick-me-up. [Smile]
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 06:22 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
You know...Dim, or Tim, or Bucketmaster [Big Grin] livens up this place. It wouldn't be the same without him.

He takes the abuse and keeps coming back for more. I gotta respect that in an odd sort of way.

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 06:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
JeremyKS, email sent.

49, I'm not willing to share any of that stuff since somebody used my membership without permission. Besides, some people list their email, some don't and some want to be incognito.

In the case of Jeremy, I know that Huber knows and likes him.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted March 20, 2013 08:14 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I got to thinking about how I found this place and it was Jim McGill (pup) that invited me here. I got banned at pm the first time in protest to Cal, Vic and Rich's banishment.

Been a lot of changes to these boards mostly for the worse but this place is still the same. Thanks Leonard.

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  13  14  15 

Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters