The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Miss Tay (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Miss Tay
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 09:26 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Hunted a contest yesterday with the Coyote Queen...
We had 5 in the back of the truck before 9:00 am. She was already counting her money as this one would pay good.
Anyway never called/seen another coyote the rest of the day.
Then I told her the 1st pair I shot would not have counted in the contest. I shot the back coyote first and the 2nd as it run off. When we went to get them, they were just over the property line. I called the huntmaster and explained and I was correct, that as I had permission to hunt where I was setup, I did not have permission where they fell and would be excluded.

Anyway she hunted hard and fell alseep in the truck once and also had to hit her with a dirt clod about 3:30 when she was looking at the inside of her eyelids lol.

A pic of Tay and the coyotes.

-

Stay after them
Kelly

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
jasonpredhunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3843

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 09:30 AM      Profile for jasonpredhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Not a bad day's work...Great pic!
Posts: 68 | From: VA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 09:47 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice, BTW really dig the camo, gotta love good ol' brown bibs.

Is she driving yet ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 10:01 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
thx - Dave she just turned 16 on the 20th...My gray hair will most likely fall out before I get her grown.
kj

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 10:13 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Lol sorry I thought she was a little older like 17 ? I was gonna' say let her drive and you could sleep..

It sucks and you worry all the time, mine turned 18 last November. The good news is when kids drive they come in handy every once in awhile.

The friday before last we splurged and went out for dinner and drinks, I had two big glasses of Blue Moon and Les, had two margaritas. I handed the keys to Ash and said you need to drive your parents home.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 11:01 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you Kelly, She looks like a nice young lady, your raising there.

I have to laugh, we used to be able to let my god-daughter drive, but now she's legal and likes to drink too. Sweet little Heather still looks like she is about 19, got her "student ID" checked at the school she teachers at, they thought she was a student. [Smile]

My guess is your going to have a bunch of young boys wanting to come over to your home. Put them to work! [Smile]

[ February 24, 2013, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 12:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say "Coyote Queen" conveys the picture very well. Carhart's and an Atlas Bipod to go with that Mona Lisa smile.

My baby is 48 and her oldest daughter is 21. I can tell you from experience, the boys will be there and you will have your work cut out for you. You are a lucky man, Kelly.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 02:44 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly, I'd say Miss Tay is a lovely hunting partner. You must be proud.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 02:44 PM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Great pic!And story.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 02:46 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeze, I look at that pic and think "You guys are lucky living a state where you still have some freedoms".

In California, If I was caught with my AR-15 anywhere but a range I would be arrested and thrown in jail. Funny thing is my buddies Mini-14 is OK.

Glad you guys did good. Sound like you have some unusual hunt rules too.

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 03:24 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kelly;
I've got grey hair.
Some of it came from wild adventures.
Some of it came from narrow escapes.
The rest, my daughter gave me.

Enjoy every second of the time you have with her. It's gonna go quick.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 06:56 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
thats awesome KJ. your a proud father and its evident.
damn, if i was 30 years younger, i wuold surley be chasing that gal and could call you Dad [Big Grin]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted February 24, 2013 06:58 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent! You have a dandy hunting partner and good on you for bringing her along on your forays.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 08:16 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
thx guys, we had fun and Tay drug all the coyotes back to the truck for her daddy.

After we went to the bigger ranches and used the ranger, never seen another coyote...Trapper2 "Ryan" and his buddies had probally been flying that area, or I wasn't good enough to figure how to trigger a response.....and no I did not have"take" time to locate before the contest.

Stay after them
Kelly

Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 10:16 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly, you are one honest and cool cat. Nice coyotes, lovely girl and cool gun.

[ February 25, 2013, 10:17 AM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 11:16 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems like just the other day... she was 10 and going out for the youth deer hunting season. [Smile]

But, then, it seems like just a few days earlier than that my youngest niece was a youth soccer star, with no interest in boys...

When she did start dating I was over at my brother's for Thanksgiving and ended up sitting in the living room, all alone, with her first lil boyfriend.
I slid over on the couch, way inside his bubble, and leaned right up to him and whispered, "listen, if I find out you've touched her with your penis, I'm gonna come back up here and take it away from you." as serious as a heart attack.

He was, to say the least, mortified. [Eek!]

About an hour or so later, they'd slipped off to her room, I hear her scream "Uncle Jeff!?!" and come bouncing down the stairs... "I can't believe you'd say that!?!" she continues, with the boy sheepishly trailing along.

"What did he say?" my bitchy sister-in-law asked.

"He told *whatever the boy's name was* that if he touched me with his penis, he'd come take it away from him!" all indignant.

That was pretty much the only time I ever saw my sister-in-law look at me with "approval" on her face.

"Well, I'd take his word for it" my brother added, giving the boy a stern glance. [Razz]

The boy excused himself and headed home.

Her older sister got married last spring and afterwards I see my younger niece sitting with a young man, who looked horrified to see me... luckily for him, I didn't realize until later who he was or I'd have rattled his cage for old times sake. [Big Grin]

Put the fear of God, or Dad (*or Uncle Jeff), in the first one, and word gets out. lol [Cool]

Krusty

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 11:36 AM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Krusty. I haven't had a good belly laugh in a long time [Smile]

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 12:42 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
thats good Krusty.

About a month ago, Tay was on the phone with some boy and I was making a bit of nosie working the action over on an AR.

The boy ask Tay what is that noise?
She said oh thats my dad cleaning his rifles...

I told her to tell all the boys who call the exact same thing...
kj

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your daughter on a great hunt Kelly.

If you would, can you tell me more about that Atlas bipod? I have a bunch of bipods and tripods and am wondering how an Atlas would do in really powdery snow? When I was on their website, they appear to only have a max height of 9 inches. I usually have to extend legs 20-30 inches to get "settled" into my powdery snow, which makes me think the Atlas' wouldn't be very conducive. Still, they look like a top of the line piece of equipment. Thanks.

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 02:02 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Wook - I don't think its an atlas. Its just a bipod of sort I got on a trade.
Put it on the AR for Tay that morning, cause I knew we were going to setup prone on a couple of stands.

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 04:13 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Kelly, I appreciate it. It looks different than my Harris bipod, so figured Leonard had it pegged. Did Tay drop some of those coyote's in the prone shooting position? I really hate laying prone in my snow, I just sink in too deep.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in my defense. The photo did not seem to have springs so it appeared to be an Atlas? They sell leg extensions and aggressive feet and spiked feet for the Atlas as well as various methods of attaching the bipod to the rifle. I don't remember how long the extensions are? My guess is about 12 inches?

I have one, (Atlas) and like it better than a Caldwell or a Harris. It has several notches for uneven ground or different angles, other than 90° to the bore. Whether it is more suitable in snow or not, I guess it depends on how much snow.

One thing that convinced me is that all the military and tactical applications that use the Atlas over the Harris and that there is no need to preload it or that it will not collapse under heavy recoil.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2013 10:37 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I gots an Atlas and it is the schizzle for articulating and preloading the legs for prone shooting. The stock rubber feet ain't any better in snow, but you can order a set of SKI FEET that might help in the powder.
As compared to a tricked out Harris BRM with notched legs & a KMW Pod loc installed, the Harris is actually faster to deploy & adjust on the fly. But the Atlas is more better-er for fully articulating and really preloading the legs without skipping across the ground. Big +++ for managing recoil.
I actually had an original Atlas and sent it in for upgrade to the newer V8 model. Fast turnaround and it was worth it...

Sorry for the hijack KJ. You & Tay make a great team! What's that saying? "take your kids hunting so you don't have to hunt for your kids"??? Keep doin' what you doin', Dad!!!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2013 11:03 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-jack? That's my job!

Kelly you're doing a fine job with that young lady.

Now that that's out of the way, how much does the Atlas weigh compared to my swivel type Harris' with notched legs and pod locs?

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2013 01:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BT10-LW17 - Atlas Bipod $279.95

Click to enlarge
Mounts directly to any 1913 style Picatinny rail via included ADM 170-S Lever.
Height Range approximately 4.75 – 9.0".
Weight 12.7 ounces.
Available in black only.
Due to another contract order B&T Ind. LLC will temporarily cease taking civilian Atlas Bipod orders as of October 21, 2011. in an effort to fulfill our current contractual obligations. If you are LEO or Military, please send us an email using your .mil address then call or email us so we can take order details. THIS IS FOR THE ATLAS BIPODS ONLY- no other products are affected by this temporary action. Please visit our http://www.accu-shot.com/dealer_listing.php page for your Atlas bipod needs.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters