The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » California Whity

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: California Whity
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 10:06 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Gots me one recently...my weapon of choice was a 2006 Chevy Silverado 4x4, chrono'd at 60 MPH...DRT, never knew what hit em.

Big ass male(for here)Harvested him a few days ago, hes a bit puffy right now as he's been laying on the edge of the road, but I pulled over to take a pic today. His head took the brunt of it as you can sorta tell. I was in a hurry to get to work when I hit him, so I didnt pick him up. Wish I would have now.

Mark

-

-

[ February 04, 2013, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 04, 2013 11:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's too bad. He would make quite a conversation piece. One of the guys in a local gun shop has a blonde cased pelt hanging on a peg. Always elicited a comment. He said he killed him out in Boron, behind the Fed. Prison.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 10:50 AM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
That totally sucks in regards to what that coyote is worth. You could have easily got $200.00 or likely more on taxidermy.net for that hide. Bummer, it was a really good looking hide.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 11:27 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Im pretty sick about it.
Mark

[ February 05, 2013, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 01:31 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
The coat on that pale looks like it was almost sheared to the same length. Amazing looking critter though for sure. That's probably the Eleanor for a few guys who hunt coyotes. Silver Fox seems to be my Eleanor...had one pop in as I was leaving once, but no chance at a shot...bummer...

[ February 05, 2013, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: TundraWookie ]

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 02:25 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
I can honestly say if I shot that beautiful coyote it would cost me a life size taxidermy bill.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 05:09 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
thats an incredible animal!! and ditto on what Ursus said

[ February 05, 2013, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: the bearhunter ]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 05:50 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Update: carcass is gone...someone picked it up. Drove by this afternoon and its nowhere to be found.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 05, 2013 07:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The plot thickens.

Sooner or later, you are going to be sorry that you even mentioned it.

GOOD HUNTING. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

jasonpredhunter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3843

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 02:50 PM      Profile for jasonpredhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! That woulda brought some good $$$ on the taxidermy market...I wouldn't doubt if you could have gotten a couple hundy out of him. If you had time to stop and take pics, why didn't you have time to toss him in the bed of the truck. It only takes a few seconds! I woulda made time for a coyote like that!!!!
Posts: 68 | From: VA | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 03:16 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, I hit him at an inopportune time lol. I was on the way to a work related meeting and nailed him.... I just didnt have time or desire to stop and mess with it(I was late already,) and didnt take that way home for several days.

The pic I took was about 4 or 5 days later, he was still laying there,and I only then really realized how awsome he was. Figured the fur would slip anyways by now, so I didnt get em. Someone snagged him that day ot night, he was gone the next morning.
Mark

--------------------

Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 03:36 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark it looks like an Albino. didn't happen to see if the nose was black did ya, Albino should have been a light brown colored nose.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 03:41 PM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
I was watching the Les Johnson Calling Show last night and he killed a crazy pale coyote. When it first showed up on screen it looked albino.
That one looks like a beauty, eh Mark. Love the low down on your hunting gear. [Smile]

[ February 18, 2013, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Chris S ]

Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 04:01 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Randy,yes, sort of a dark cream color. Another thing, his snout was shorter and wider than a regular coyote. Didnt think to look at the eyes dang it.

Chris, I have bagged several coyotes with it, last year, near the same area, I took out 2 at the same time, a male and female, scared the shite outta me.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 04:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I "saw" one about three years ago. Would have loved to put a bullet in him but he was one of those streakers that flare in and keep on going, never even got lined up on him. Kinda rare, around here, I don't ever remember seeing another one?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Lone Howl, where was it that you got the double? Email the info, don't post it on the board. [Wink]

[ February 18, 2013, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 05:07 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful coyote. Sure wish you could have taken him with you. That would be one to remember.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2013 08:49 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
I "heard" the eye thing only holds true if its alive.

The nose pigment is one way but none of it is 100% until you really check it over.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Chris S
"SPECIAL ACCOUNT" HM's Facebook page moderator & runs with scissors
Member # 3888

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2013 09:50 AM      Profile for Chris S           Edit/Delete Post 
The '06 Chevy Coyote Death Machine strikes again.
Posts: 534 | From: Oakland County, MI USA Earth | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2013 03:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing, when you think about the lack of horsepower. I would think a Dodge, minimum.

Good hunting. LB

I have killed exactly ONE coyote by running him over, in a VW. To be more accurate, he wasn't dead until I walked back and stomped his head.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2013 04:11 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but, it is in Farmer Camo....that is..white. So, these things pay me no nevermind till Im right up on em, then.....BAM!...high fives to myself for a couple minutes and Im on my way to the next stand.
Mark

(For those of you out of the 559,all trucks around here in farm country are white, and coyotes are used to it)

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2013 05:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? That's what I call Phoenix; The Land Of The White Pick Up Truck. Raised, big tires, loud mufflers, spotless. I'm pretty sure it's the only color allowed in town? Even Uncle Jay, it's part of the uniform, You betcha!

GOOD HUNTING. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2013 08:45 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw on another board Troy (ursus21) posted a pic. of a recent coyote that has a real pretty pelt.. maybe he will post it here...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2013 10:24 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
TA "I saw on another board Troy (ursus21) posted a pic. of a recent coyote that has a real pretty pelt.. maybe he will post it here..."

Tim,

Gee, why don't you just go on over there and ask him to... 'cause you've been BANNED, maybe? LOL

Lord and pygmies, and all that. [Big Grin]

Krusty

[ February 19, 2013, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2013 12:34 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep! But I'm still here...Ha ha ha...

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5063 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2013 03:38 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
unfortunatly yes, you are.
quite sure Ursus21 is all giddy seeing his name in a post made from you without a smart-assed comment

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters