The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Utah Bounty???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Utah Bounty???
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2012 04:47 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Well how is the bounty thing going in Utah?

From what I saw a few months back it pretty well promoted on the various boards. One guy even mentioned having a coyote stolen recently.

Just wondering if those who are out and about in Utah have noticed the effects or cashed in?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2012 06:04 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I just turned in a few,and I'm waiting for the check in the mail. Sure wish I could have turned in the 20 we killed in Nevada that would have been a nice little check. lol I think i'm around 10 Utah coyotes so far this fall,and I am planning on going out in the next day or so and hope to get a few more.

Good Hunting Chad

[ October 29, 2012, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2012 06:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That might be the last ten coyotes in Utah? The last thing needed, as an incentive is a bounty. The Utes are nothing if not scorched earth as far as all fur bearers are concerned. Which is why they all hunt in Nevada, coyotes are all gone, in Utah.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2012 07:57 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
So what is your(California's) excuse for hunting Coyotes in Nevada. Last time I went through Cali there were plenty of Coyotes. [Wink]

Good Hunting Chad

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2012 09:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah boy! Good push back. But, I don't usually waste my time in Utah, except for mule deer, once in a while.

Hey, I used to hunt Utah, but although it's great looking country, they just don't have the numbers. I don't get it about a bounty? And, how do they know where you got those twenty coyotes? That's usually the problem with bounties.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2012 09:17 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I'm sure there are some guys that are shooting Coyotes in other States and bringing them in for the bounty,but not me, couldn't do it in good conscience. I do manage to shoot a fair number of coyotes in Utah and it does make it nice to be able to make some quick hunts not to far from home, so I do manage to pay for most of my gas with the bounty money. But when I want to get ALOT of coyotes I really don't waste my time in Utah, plus I just love the hell out of the remote areas in Nevada. Like you said in the other post,there are not many places left that you can escape civilization but Nevada is one of them....

Good Hunting Chad

[ October 29, 2012, 09:20 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2012 09:17 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
How much is the bounty there? I do hear some guys are making good money there. Dont know if its really true or not?
Mark

[ October 30, 2012, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2012 10:16 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
It is $50. You have to take a lame test that puts the paragraph that contains the answer right above the question. You have to give date and gps location of the kill in addition to the proof of kill.

I have not been after them yet at all. I was in to Montgomery Fur and he said sales have been good. I don't know how excited I am to help the State create a data base.

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2012 03:02 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I was kinda wondering the same thing about people trying to sneak a pickup load of coyotes across the state line or coming up with all kinds of imaginative ways to get some coyotes for the bounty.
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2012 07:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well it's not my original observation. The fact is, bounties have been a failure for 100 years and I thought Utah had heard about it. They won't accomplish a damned thing, and what is the objective anyway? Don't be ridiculous and say it is to cut the coyote population. That will never happen.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2012 09:12 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
A few more coyotes(Utah ones this time).
 -

And my brother with another one
 -

Good Hunting Chad

[ October 31, 2012, 09:19 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2012 09:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He got all the looks in the family, huh? And, I think I recognize that highway behind him? What's the bipod?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2012 11:17 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah he definitely got the looks thats for sure. The shooting sticks are Verne Howey sticks,by far the best I've used.

Good Hunting Chad

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters