The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » The left coast.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The left coast.
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2012 05:22 PM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_19992359?source=rss

This guy might be the last one in F&G that enjoys hunting?

Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2012 06:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
He broke no laws but because some wacko's don't agree with what he does on his own time he should be fired.

Pure liberal logic...........Calif. style. [Frown]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2012 09:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That paper is very popular here in the Land of The Fruits and The nuts. The problem is that he was published in a publication with very wide distribution, so it sure looks like he was asking for it?

I can say this. It is doubtful that we will ever get lion hunting reinstated. And, they have it wrong, it is a "moratorium" originally supposed to be for a year while they determined if lions were endangered or threatened. The population has swelled, in the meantime. Before, California had more lions than any other state, now we have over twice as many. All without any logic or solid science behind it, except that blurb about the fact that they aren't hunted for the meat. Usually, that is.

I'm wondering if he is one of the guys involved in the Colony Crossroads development, right here in Upland? Sounds like it.

Good hunting. B

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bryan J
Cap and Trade Weenie
Member # 106

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 12:21 AM      Profile for Bryan J   Email Bryan J         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, asking for it? It is much worse than I imagined.
Posts: 599 | From: Utah | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 08:15 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
While I've never, as yet, tried Mt. Lion I've heard on several occasions from people who's word I trust that the meat is excellent table fare when properly cared for.
I can say though, that bobcat is not to be wasted. Cat........the other white meat!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 09:24 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
COHA's response

California Fish & Game Commission President Unfairly Attacked

The California Outdoor Heritage Alliance (COHA) believes that Fish and Game Commission (Commission) President Dan Richards should serve the remainder of his appointed term even in light of the recent public outcry. Mr. Richard's legal hunting activities, while in Idaho, have no bearing on the execution of his duties in the protection of California's wildlife. The California Fish and Game Commission is tasked with the oversight of regulations which govern the hunting of game species in our state. We believe it is important that Commissioners who serve on this important body have a thorough understanding of the critical role of hunting in science-based wildlife management and the conservation of the wildlife in our state.

Mountain lion hunting is highly regulated and managed with the best available scientific data in many western states. Because of sound management practices, mountain lion populations are healthy and expanding and are in no way threatened. Though the outcry by animal-rights organizations to having Mr. Richards serve on the Commission is not surprising, COHA believes that he will continue to vigorously fight to protect California's wildlife, habitat and natural resources. Those looking to remove Mr. Richards from the Commission should focus more time and energy on helping California's wildlife not attacking a law abiding hunter and Commissioner.

Contact Us

California Outdoor Heritage Alliance
1600 Sacramento Inn Way, #232
Sacramento, CA 95815

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 10:10 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
This problem is much more deeply seated than what most are willing to publicly state. Fact is, these AR folks - just like most liberals - respond to emotion and rhetoric rather than fact, and use that response as the basis for their ongoing efforts to control ever facet of everyone else's life. What bugs them is that we disagree with them. What bugs them even more is that we do not willfully concede to their authority and allow them to make decisions on our behalf, whether it be about lion management, or abortion, or capitalism. They will not stop until you have surrendered their ability and right to make every substantial decision for yourself that your life has to offer.

I know for a fact that each of us leaves our home states or communities to go somewhere where an activity we wish to pursue is lawful and allowed. What would your reply be if the folks in your town turned on you and began lobbying for your life to be destroyed simply because you choose to disagree with them? No laws have been broken here. Tell them to kiss your ass. America was built on tolerance and ambivalence, and we need to get back to that. Very simply put, As long as it's legal, do what you want. I don't give a shit.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 01:20 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto what the CDude said.
Plus;
Long long ago in a life far far away (Class of '71 Three Rivers Mich.) I had a math teacher name of Mr. Baylor. At the beginning of one of the classes, one of the young skulls full of mush made a statement to the effect that 'it's a free country......I can do whatever I want'.
Mr. Baylor patiently explained the difference between privelages and rights. The point was that we all have rights but our rights end where the next person's rights begin. We cannot do ~whatever we want~.
This is the part that the liberals cannot and will not accept. Their rights end where my rights begin & vice versa.

--------------------

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 02:25 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
All edible meat of harvested mtn. lion is required to be taken for consumption in Colo. by law, maybe Calif. should require that they be eatin also, then maybe more people would accept the hunting of them? Ahhh, probably wouldn't make a damn bit of difference I suppose.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2012 06:22 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys, a Mountain Lion is nothing more than a big pussy so guess what it tastes like: Pussy, and I like pussy so eat up. Can't say the same for coyote.

Why don't they go after everyone in Kommyfornia that goes to Vegas to gamble. After all it is illegal in Kommyfornia. Haven't they ever heard of the equal protection clause within the 14th admendment!

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted February 23, 2012 05:37 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Eating coyote must be like eating pussy but only when your tongue slips.
Hey I ate some bobcat at the first campout I made it to.
There were a lot of good guys there that year.I think bobcat taste like pork.
Seams like a guy from over around Cotton wood Arizona did the cooking.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2012 04:11 PM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
This problem is much more deeply seated than what most are willing to publicly state. Fact is, these AR folks - just like most liberals - respond to emotion and rhetoric rather than fact, and use that response as the basis for their ongoing efforts to control ever facet of everyone else's life. What bugs them is that we disagree with them. What bugs them even more is that we do not willfully concede to their authority and allow them to make decisions on our behalf, whether it be about lion management, or abortion, or capitalism. They will not stop until you have surrendered their ability and right to make every substantial decision for yourself that your life has to offer.

I know for a fact that each of us leaves our home states or communities to go somewhere where an activity we wish to pursue is lawful and allowed. What would your reply be if the folks in your town turned on you and began lobbying for your life to be destroyed simply because you choose to disagree with them? No laws have been broken here. Tell them to kiss your ass. America was built on tolerance and ambivalence, and we need to get back to that. Very simply put, As long as it's legal, do what you want. I don't give a shit."

This profound quote from Cdog911 brought a 2 year 'lurker' out in the public eye.Just had to say AMEN to it.
Good hunting.

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2012 09:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to The New HuntmastersBBS.com, DiYi. Glad to have you on board. And, sorry to keep you waiting.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Wily E
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 11:24 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog: "America was built on tolerance and ambivalence, and we need to get back to that".

Let's not forget that the tolerance knife cuts both ways. The men and women that fought and died for our freedom ironically died for the right to protest against their service to this country. The irony in that is gutwrenching but freedom of speech applies to everyone equally.

I tolerate those who place the value of animals ahead of the value of humans until they try to force their beliefs on me. If it goes to a vote and the majority feel the same way as they do, the majority rules.

I love American creativity. When the A/R folks banned the foothold trap in several states, determined individuals found out that they could be very effective with live traps. God bless those who refuse to give up in the face of adversity.

This country is what it is because of independent thinking, not because of mindless followers. I long for the days when men were men and stood up for what they knew was right at any cost. Many in this country seem to be taking on a shade of yellow.

~SH~

[ February 26, 2012, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Wily E ]

IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 11:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, I can find no part of what you wrote to disagree with, but I am worried that the MAJORITY can and will..... smugly disarm the rights of the minority. That is the other edge of the sword and we need to be very careful that the do gooders will vote to end your/our rights with confidence in the wisdom of majority rule. It is more common than you think, forcing inoculations on children before they can attend public schools, for example. There are many more examples; free abortions for 14 year olds without informing the parents when, in most cases they won't treat a 17 year old victim of a car accident without parental consent. We could spend all day citing other examples of the tyranny of the majority over the minority.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 12:38 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
welcome aboard DiYi. better have a tough skin for these outlaws. now LB just has to come up with a "custom title"
hhhmmm?? [Wink]

Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 12:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not going to sit here and lie about it. It was his wife that wrote me, complaining that he keeps swiping her drawers. Hey, if it works, it's no worse than me trimming my toe nails before a big hunt. Right?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 01:30 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
LO-freeking L!! [Big Grin]
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 05:46 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody's gonna have to 'splain to me what a `DiYi` is. [Confused]
I know that a `DiFi` is that skank senator thing that El Bee keeps electing in Calif. but a `DiYi` has me confused.

--------------------

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 10 posted February 26, 2012 06:07 PM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
'Damn insecure yuppie inside'

'Do it You idiot'

Wear what fits.

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2012 07:24 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko. i hunt with DiYi frequently. not sure what it means but give me a while. i'll come up with something [Big Grin]
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 06:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
DiYi;
I like it. Kind of sounds like you have an angel on one shoulder whispering in your ear & the devil on the other. [Big Grin]

--------------------

the bearhunter
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2012 07:05 AM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
KoKo. you don't know how close you are [Eek!]

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters