The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Voice Howl (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Voice Howl
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2011 05:39 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is one version of a Voice howl for your enjoyment.

http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com/sounds/VoiceHowlRC.mp3

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2011 07:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That hurt my throat just listening to it. [Eek!] Sounds pretty good, though!!

Question; Do you feel that the voice howl is more effective than using a howler or is it just a matter of convinence??

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 16, 2011 09:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Convenience? It's Scott's entire repartee. But hush. It's sorta confidential.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 6 posted March 16, 2011 10:53 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like something grabbed Rich by the balls!!! OWWWWWW...U...C...H!!!!!! [Razz] [Eek!]
IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2011 07:21 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Nikonut,

Voice howls (not recording of same) will beat recordings of live coyote howls much of the time. I ain't that good yet, but still practicing. The above howl was done in the inhale mode. I got the inhale idea from Hunsley. My neighbors love me dearly.

[ March 17, 2011, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Rich ]

--------------------

fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted March 17, 2011 08:46 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,

I don't know why that wouldn't work... it has the inflection and high pitch. You would have to do a voice print to compare to see the differences and similarities, my old ears can't pick them all out. I know the native ******* used voice howls and sounds of all kinds to attract game. To me it would seem closer to real being that it's not made with a mechanical device!

Still sounds like you crushed your nuggies in the car door!!! [Eek!] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz]

Nikonut

[ March 17, 2011, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Nikonut ]

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2011 09:12 AM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Niko, thats a mental picture I could've done without.

Rich, are you saying you made that howl while inhaling? I just tried that and I'm fairly sure I'm gonna need medical attention.

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2011 09:37 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"Rich, are you saying you made that howl while inhaling? I just tried that and I'm fairly sure I'm gonna need medical attention."
-----------------------------------
JD,
Yes, you understood correctly. I had quite a time getting used to that method, but I am a stubborn old cuss. Here is another one that I recorded just now. Hot off the press.
http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com/sounds/Voicehowl2.wav

[ March 17, 2011, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Rich ]

--------------------

JD
HONORARY OKIE .... and Tim's at fault!
Member # 768

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2011 02:21 PM      Profile for JD           Edit/Delete Post 
What, no way, are you just screwin with me? I can make a decent voice howl but it just seems impossible to howl while inhaling..... although I did know this girl once.....

--------------------
Jason
--------------------------------------

What do Obama & TA17Rem have in common........both are clueless asshats!!!

Posts: 1456 | From: NE. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Okanagan
Budding Spin Doctor
Member # 870

Icon 1 posted March 17, 2011 03:29 PM      Profile for Okanagan           Edit/Delete Post 
Voice calling fascinates me, and as said, it is always convenient. I have two friends who do their elk sounds by voice alone, and one of them does bull elk bugles by inhaling.

The other young man does many kinds of calls with his voice, coyote howls included, and he is good. My successful voice calling includes lynx (not sure what I'm saying in lynx language but they vocalize back to me on the way in), coyote, grey fox, black bear, mule deer bucks and does, moose of both sexes with different sounds, turkeys, barred owls and blue grouse.

My tries on coyote howls are pathetic however thus far. It takes practice, so pity Rich's neighbors. [Wink]

Posts: 269 | From: 49th Parrallel | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2011 05:47 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"What, no way, are you just screwin with me? I can make a decent voice howl but it just seems impossible to howl while inhaling..... although I did know this girl once."
-------------------------------------
JD,
I know that girl.

--------------------

the bearhunter
HM PROSTAFF & MIDWEST REGIONAL GURU VOTED MOST HANDSOME MINNESOTAN
Member # 3552

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2011 03:50 PM      Profile for the bearhunter           Edit/Delete Post 
that locked up my puter [Eek!]
Posts: 1049 | From: minnifornia | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
SD Howler
taught Huber everything he knows, but not everything HE knows!
Member # 3669

Icon 1 posted March 18, 2011 07:33 PM      Profile for SD Howler   Author's Homepage   Email SD Howler         Edit/Delete Post 
As Rich mentioned you need to hear Jerry Hunsley's voice howls. He inhales to make the howling sounds and his coyote vocalizations are fantastic. I'm out of practice with my voice howling, but did use it in combination with howls from my open reed calls when I was actively calling years back. I have always exhaled to make the howls. I can also make the howls by inhaling, but I feel more comfortable exhaling when I howl and bark, etc.

--------------------
Steve
Predator Calling
rattler51@pie.midco.net

Posts: 51 | From: SD | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2011 03:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be dammed! Reading this crap, I was positive that howling while inhaling would be impossible. Then I just tried it and surprised myself. Not half bad, got my cat's attention.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted March 21, 2011 07:14 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
My try at an inhale howl sounds more like one's final stage after life support has been pulled.

I think I hurt myself too.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2011 06:20 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
I should have warned you guys that howling while inhaling can be less than easy on the throat at first. I am trying to train my vocal chords to find even a higher pitch. I also want to master the rising pitch howl, and the bark/howl (challenge). This is only one more challenging art for me.

--------------------

csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2011 04:04 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
I can do a fairly good voice howl. If I can remember the name of the site that hosts sounds for free I'll post it. Not to steal Mr. Cronk's limelight, just to show that even a goon like myself can do it [Smile]
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2011 06:23 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich, you better be careful with this stuff. You already have that poor dog next door half crazy.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2011 04:42 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
The dogs around here love to bark at new sounds I create. My neighbors HATE me. Here is a howl that I tinkered with in my Gold Wave program, and may prove interesting to the coyotes. I am going to load it in my CS24.

http://www.cronkpredatorcalls.com/sounds/EchoVoiceHwlRC.wav

--------------------

Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2011 07:26 AM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Rich,Echo VoiceHwlRC.wav is a nice sound,and I like the over all theme of the howl.Rich how many tracks or in that sound I mean it sounds like more than one to me.Does gold wave let you pan sounds? Rich it's not my goal to trash your sound like I say I like it.Over all it's a good one how ever the re verb is a little over the top for me.But for all I know you might want the re verb in there for your area.The program that I run right now does not multitrack but I learned to get a result some what like you have achieved.With just a single track and alot of trail and era. For me re verb is a quick way for me to trash a good sound.
Rich I always take a listen to the sounds that you share to see what I can gleam from them. Over all you make some good prey distress sounds,and coyote vocals.
Right now I,m trying out a program called Samplitude for 30 days,and I think I will go a head and buy it. There will be a huge learning curve for me,but I do have a bit of a feel for it already.I run Magix Cleaning Lab so knowing my way around Cleaning Lab helps.I have been wanting to trade up to a new program for a few years now but have been a bit to lazy to learn a new one.

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2011 07:37 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
Cayotaytalker,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and for the kind words regarding my sounds. I lost my Cool Edit PRO when I bought this new computer, and just learning how to use a couple of new programs. The original voice howl in question was recorded in stereo. I opened the sound in Gold Wave and chose their default echo. I like the sound, and am hoping that the coyotes like it also.

--------------------

tawnoper
Knows what it's all about
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2011 07:10 AM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, coyote calling is sure getting technical.
Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2011 08:47 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
tawnoper,

It is with some of us. I see many posts on other boards where guys are using howls improperly. To guys like me, howling is an art that stands alone. A whole different method of calling coyotes. I am always searching for something better. I admit to being a perfectionist, and a real nit picker regarding coyote calling. I know that I should be keeping my new sounds secret too, but helping other callers is also something I like to do.
Good hunting,
Rich

--------------------

tawnoper
Knows what it's all about
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2011 09:40 AM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...

No offense meant, but do you call that sound clip - perfection?

Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted March 25, 2011 02:22 PM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
"No offense meant, but do you call that sound clip - perfection?"
--------------------------------
No

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters