The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » New guy (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: New guy
Clay Reid
OWES IT ALL TO SQUEAKY BRAKES
Member # 3744

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 05:01 AM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
Im new to the board so take it easy on me . Im a cowboy by trade whos passion is chasin kids and coyotes .
I have 5 kids and a mean ol wife named kelly . I was homeless at 13 as a result of drug addict parents and proud of the fact I lived through it .
I shoot a 22.250 Howa Axxiom , Savage model 10 , and Rem. 700 .
I use a Foxpro Cs24 after using a WT. for many years . I use a Dogcatcher hand call , Rain Shadow hand call , and an Illinois river valley call .
I dont light Kelly Jacksons stinking cigars for him (I callem dog turds ).
My hunting partnters are 2 ugly football coaches from Stamford Texas .
Im a lil to honest for my own good at times but its the only way to be and a lost quality in this day and age .
Ive stood side by side with TA17rem in defense of the WT caller on other boards but have recently converted to the Foxpro CS24 . Both are great callers but i prefer the remote and ability to put other sounds on the Foxpro .
Im for whatever works best at the time sometimes its a hand call ,ecaller or choking my wife until she squeals . ( If I want her to know that ill tell her }LOL
Jan. Feb. and March ill be in a calling contest most every weekend . I love competing and when they said you can hunt coyotes and win money if you do good I was in like Flinn .
I host the "Texas Coyote Calling Contest" in January . I love BSing so feel free to call 940-631-8820 .
Clay Reid .

Posts: 10 | From: Archer City Texas | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 06:58 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Huntmasters Clay!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 07:00 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clay, welcome to Leonard's place, nice to see you here. (I go by snowcamoman on the other forums), so I know that you know me. Let me know when you're coming up here to Alaska so we can do some hunting.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Clay Reid
Member # 3744

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 07:31 AM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
ill do it wookie and remember that open invitation down here in Texas .
Thanks for the welcome Paul .

TundraWookie
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 07:33 AM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Clay, I appreciate it. I might be down in Texas in February, so I'll give you a ring if I'm headed that way and you can show me how it's done in temperatures above zero.
Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to The New HuntmastersBBS.com, Clay. Glad to have you on board. It wasn't too long ago that the name Clay Reid was mentioned here and several (including me) had not heard of you, or your exploits. We have since been brought up to speed, hope to learn more.

As far as the CS24, I am a recent convert, myself. Here I am, in the frozen north locked in a test of wills with a WT true believer. I am willing to call it a draw, but there are a few features on the Foxpro that I appreciate. I also need to wring it out a little to make it "field proof". We will see how far that progresses, but in general, I like it. I honestly never thought I would be saying that about a Foxpro product.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 08:04 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Clay! Good to see you here.

Welcome to Leonard's place!!! These guys can be brutal... but mostly honest. [Big Grin]

Nikonut

IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 11:20 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
My buddy Clay has stepped out of the woodwork.

Save a few coyotes for me...mine are startin to get alittle thin.

Dog turds huh...I remeber the day I gave you one and you about turned green...lol

Catch you later
Kelly

[ December 22, 2010, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Clay Reid
Member # 3744

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 04:24 PM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
Leanard you dont know the half of it . I was a pretty die hard WT man myself and still own one . The 1st Foxpro i got had lemon all over it and was pretty down on it but Mike stayed hooked and came up with great caller . hes one of the good guys for sure .
Kelly I think that was a left handed Cigar . My eyes are just now starting to uncross LOL I also saw a pink coyote after smoking it .
Thanks Nikonut . Stand stong maybe we can hold our own .

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 05:28 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Clay, I missed the intro that LB was talking about but if you have had a part in filling up the back of that truck that Kelly reclines against while smoking that cigar it sure looks like you're doing it right!

I'm just an amateur compared to most of these guys but I still poke my nose in to things every once and a while.

Good to see you.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 06:28 PM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
good to see you on here clay, hows the wheat pasture looking down there, dry as a powder house up here.

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 06:53 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
The Oakies are talking in Oakie Code again. [Confused] Make 'em stop.

Clay;
Welcome aboard. We try to remember to have fun around here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Clay Reid
Member # 3744

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 07:41 PM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
Trapper it is way to dry but we have an 80 percent chance of rain tommorrow night . I hope the weather guys aint been hittin the still .
ursus21
2nd place, John Denver lookalike Contest
Member # 3556

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 06:06 PM      Profile for ursus21           Edit/Delete Post 
Clay, always did like your posts on the other boards. I imagine it'll be the same here.
Posts: 780 | From: Montana | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 08:31 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I just got back from 4 days working at Lackland AFB, sure was nice in San Antonio. I think it was about 70* until Wednesday. Texas is pretty nice.

Too bad I didn't get to goof off any down there.

Oh yea, welcome to the board

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 07:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny? I didn't see anything in San Antonio this time of year to recommend? River Walk is nice. They don't know how to make decent Mexican food. Whoever thought of putting black beans in a burrito should be taken out and shot. This goes for northern California, too.

Well, just about ready to leave for the airport. Had a great time. The only thing I forgot to bring was my camera because I left it charging on the desk. Seems like I always forget one thing. Oh well!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 08:03 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
LB, it wasn't fun from the git go. About a 15hr drive only stopping for gas, bathrooms, and hitting the drive through for food, both ways.

12+ hour workdays weren't fun, but the pay is very good. I shouldn't complain, some have it much harder.

Anyways, I'm home now and I have coupon from Cabela's so I'm off to spend some money... Just trying to do my part and stimulate the economy.

--------------------

Clay Reid
Member # 3744

Icon 7 posted December 24, 2010 11:17 AM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
heck send me a check ill stimulate the economy of theworlds oldest profession . lOL
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 11:36 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was in San Antonio I enjoyed a tour of the Alamo and a dinner and drinks up in the big tower. They had a little museum up there as well and had some dam big rattlers..
Camp bulles was the iceing on the cake.. [Wink]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 12:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw the Alamo. Them friggin' Mexicans!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 01:45 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Clay, are you a farmer?......

Snork!

Clay Reid
Member # 3744

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 08:13 PM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
By god those are fighting words . No Cowboy in his right mind would be caught dead in a tractor . LOL
I got 5000 acres of farm land at the ranch but we have it custom farmed and graze out . I fall asleep when they put me to sodbustin . Hard on equipment .
How bout you Joe ? You farm ?

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 08:45 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
I rent some ground out and run about 55 cows.

The farmer bit was referring to the world's oldest profession!

Old joke from farm country.

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2010 10:52 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, I had a teacher tell us years ago that farming and bartering/sales were older professions than, well women of ill repute.

--------------------

Clay Reid
Member # 3744

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2010 03:50 AM      Profile for Clay Reid           Edit/Delete Post 
The women of ill repute is who I was referring to . I will invest .
Joe I hope yall are getting more rain than this sodbuster has been a getting . its dry dry dry around here .

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters