The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Nice male 12-18-10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nice male 12-18-10
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted December 18, 2010 08:09 PM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you guys and gals enjoy a series of pictures of an extra nice 35 lb. male I got today while hunting with my nephew and hunting pal of 19 years, Danny Sipe. We made an extra good setup that resulted in this male making a fatal mistake, stopping to look at my Yote Coyote decoy about a 100 yds from where he entered the field, and cocking his leg to pee and show that intruder who was boss of that area. First picture is the view from behind my Savage Predator 243, and you can see the coyote laying there about 120 yds from my perch. The second photo is from the same angle but zoomed to the max. The other two photos show my setup with the decoy, tripod, and the Foxpro Firestorm. Real pretty male that no doubt was two years old this past spring and just now looking for a mate. I plan on making a rug out of him as he has such a pretty coat. We saw 7 more on the last stand of the day but too far away to get them to change course, but not too far to stop and give us holy hell before heading on to their night's hunting. It was a hoot for sure.

-

-

-

-

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2010 04:31 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Al.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2010 08:32 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
AL, didn't you used to live in Ar., or is my memory bad?

Is that stuffed animal that looks like a cross between a 'possum and a skunk sort of a name-sake or trade mark?

Nice looking coyote!

Is snow that common where you're at?

I do a bit of calling in some areas that look about like where you're at there. Small fields divided by real thick fence or hedgerows. Can be real frustrating when you can see one moving on the other side of that stuff by there ain't no way you're shooting through it.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters