The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » World Record Pennsylvania Black Bear?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: World Record Pennsylvania Black Bear?
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 08:01 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
http://blogs.wvgazette.com/johnmccoy/2010/11/20/possible-world-record-black-bear -killed-in-pa/

http://bullcreekblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-state-record-bear-taken-with.html

Apparently it is under investigation by the PA Game Commission:

http://coudynews.com/news/new-2-world-record-black-bear-taken-in-pa/

[ December 05, 2010, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: 4949shooter ]

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 08:12 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

http://coudynews.com/news/black-bear-said-to-be-world-record-as-controversy-over-kill-surmounts/

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 13 posted December 05, 2010 10:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that kind of shit.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31453 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 03:36 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Photobucket.... [Mad]

-

Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 06:13 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
That appears to be a case of "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 07:39 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
+1

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 05, 2010 10:21 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, true. But that sure is a brute! I'm thinking some grizzlies would think twice before messing with that one?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2010 07:15 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
"it took nine shots to kill the bruin", WTF, did these guys not know where the vitals were located? Or were they using field points instead of razor sharp broadheads.....maybe a couple shots were with a sling shot!!!! 9 shots!!! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2010 07:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, once the adrenaline is kicked, due to poor shot placement, in the first place, I imagine the bear was doing some squirming and the shots had little effect.

I once emptied seven 45ACP 230 gr hardball into a coyote that was angry and coming to me after being shot in the hip with a 220 Swift, while on the run. So, I started chasing him after he got up and I soon found out that he wasn't hurt nearly as bad as I thought.

At one point, he could see that I was right on his ass and he turned and came at me teeth barred. After those 7 shots in the chest and head, I killed him with a big rock.

When you make a bad hit and have to mop up, hard telling what it's going to take? Now, with a bear of that size, all the more important that the first shot hits a vital area. It was a clusterfuk, pure and simple.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters