The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » 3 Toe - 3 Legger ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3 Toe - 3 Legger ?
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 09:55 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, you done a lot of dennin, runnin dogs etc.

I had a wet female with a right front only extending about 1" from the chest cavity come in and work the dog alone.

Had plenty come and work the dogs with peg legs but nothing this extreme.

Ever seen this?

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 10:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Every peg leg I have killed, I didn't know it until I picked them up. In other words, they seem to run naturally and you cannot detect that they are running on three legs.

I once had a coyote respond to a call, dragging a flat rock.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 11:31 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, I have had some like this 3 legger come to a call without a dog and couldn't tell like you said til they were dead or they tried to stop and stand still.

The ones missing just a section of a front leg or back I've taken have had nothing noticable til they were dead and checked. Some have had pads like on the bottom of a normal paw on the stump leading me to believe it was either a birth defect or something that happened very early in life.

I watched this one from about 300 yards and it had a hitch in it's giddy up all the time unless it went full out.

She was raising 7 pups! Stomach was full of the usual mouse rabbit etc. Looked like her first litter. Most likely around a 15 month old coyote. I base that on my experience and no solid CSI study etc.

I had the rifle cam runnin but havn't looked at it yet. Had her within 20 yards on a cut hayfield so it should have got something.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

coyote whacker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 12:02 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy was your front leg this extreme? Same deal on this one no idea until went and checked her. She ran normal and fat and happy. The thing is this was a smooth end to the leg, I felt around and it wasn't like it was hit by a bullet? No real scar tissue build up and no rough bone?

I chalked it up to who the heck knows what exactly happened. This is the most extreme one I have found.

-

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 12:31 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I kill a few every year here too. When running, I can never tell them from a four footed coyote, but when walking or trotting, it's usually pretty evident they have some difficulties going on with their wheels.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tawnoper
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 01:36 PM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
Through the years I've taken quite a few tripods. A few years ago we were calling some alkali flats/dry lake beds and had this one come trotting into the call. I noticed it had a little hitch in it's step but I really didn't notice anything till I went and picked it up. It had no front leg or shoulder to speak of. I shot it in the chest, the blood is from a small exit wound. If it had a shoulder I doubt it would of exited. Trust me, I looked around for a leg...I shot it on a dry lake bed so it wouldn't of been tough to find. Shot it with a .204

-

[ July 13, 2010, 01:52 PM: Message edited by: tawnoper ]

Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 02:34 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
The 3 leg thing was different, not somethin you see everyday.

The most unusual thing to me was the agression to the dog on its own.

Also that she was a young female raisin 7 pups.

There are plenty of healthy 4 legged coyotes that tend to be a bit shy around a dog and not engage like this one did on her own.

A cocky little thing and a survivor.

--------------------

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 02:48 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Randy, I can't recall ever having a lone pegger work the dogs much. I did kill this dog off of a den a few years ago and he was traveling several miles one way killing sheep. I had killed the bitch and was sitting on his pups one morning when he got home from work and he was pretty salty. I didn't know his condition til after I shot him.

-

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 03:11 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Im about this close to lockin this thread!!! [Mad] [Mad]

This is a all Foxpro, All The Time board!!\

Last warning CW. [Mad]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 4 posted July 13, 2010 04:52 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Don't do it Andy!

I just got word that Foxpro is working on a prosthetic leg for coyotes...

Nikonut

IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 06:36 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
No more Minaskas or WTs in pics. Or I will lock the bitch!!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

--------------------
Andy

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 06:37 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Where is my prostaff stuff? I know your readin this Dillon. If GG and BS can do this shit, I know I can!

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 07:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Can you post a pic of you in shades and a du rag? That is sure to grab their attention and just SCREAMS "PRO STAFF"

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted July 13, 2010 07:54 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
When are you coming out with your video Andy. Post some stands on the internet (you Tube) then publish your video. The industry will be knocking down your doors, you might even get a TV show. You can start signing FoxPros and Ford will name a truck model after you, like that Eddie B guy, the Andy Laughlin Collection. Man I am so jealous, need a groupee?

[ July 13, 2010, 07:56 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
coyote whacker
Member # 639

Icon 1 posted July 14, 2010 01:07 PM      Profile for coyote whacker           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy that photo is a few years back, No fear Grand Foxpro Furior, I have seen the light and been whipped into shape and have been using the CS-24 since last October with excellent results. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

If you like I could crop the photo and implant the CS-24? [Razz] [Cool]

Randy from what I recall on this one the male came in first with agression to hurt coyote pup, and dropped him and she followed in his foot tracks as well.

They are amazing critters for sure.

[ July 14, 2010, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: coyote whacker ]

--------------------
This is done on my time and my dime. My views may differ from those of others!

Posts: 376 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters