The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » First night out

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First night out
furhvstr
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1389

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2009 08:37 PM      Profile for furhvstr   Email furhvstr         Edit/Delete Post 
Son and I were out until 3:30 am the other night.
found four cats. Shot two and peppered one with the shotgun at 35 yds. The fourth didn't want to play with us.
I hate shooting at cats with shotguns. They always seem to find the hole in the pattern. When facing you they have a very narrow kill area.

This is the first. The second had a better bellie but it was after two in the am and we didn't take a pic..

ML

-

Posts: 144 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 08, 2009 02:12 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
How fun to be out with your boy like that! My dad will be here at 6:00 tomorrow morning to go out for pheasants. Dad will be with his boy and I'll have mine - Jacob 11 and Josh' 9. Dad is slowing down a bit and its gonna be 10 degrees or lower out and he'll probably spend most of the time in the truck just watching us. The time together is invaluable!

I'm super happy to see you enjoying your son outdoors! Nothing beats it! [Smile]

P.S. sounds like a pretty successful little hunt too!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters