The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Remember your first coyote?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remember your first coyote?
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my 13-year-old son does because it just happened...

He got his first called coyote last Saturday morning. He was feeling a bit down after a buck that should have been dead gave him the slip, so we went after some coyotes that had been yapping earlier. Two came sliding through the grass and this male was kind enough to circle to the downwind and I barked him to a stop in an opening. After what seemed like hours of aiming at the intensely staring coyote, Jared whispered, "I'm gonna take off the safety now" I had a a minor heart attack at that point, but eventually the rifle roared and the coyote crumpled.

-

Jared barely had enough lead in his butt to get the coyote off the ground so dad gave him a hand in this pic.

-

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 05:55 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work Lonny, good for you and Jared. I'm sure he'll never forget the old man teaching him how to get his 1st one. Needless to say I'm sure your beyond proud !!

(ps) I'm diggin' the red/black flannel.One of my personal favorites I might add..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 06:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice coyote, thanks for sharing!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 06:45 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool, now there's something he won't soon forget!
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 07:35 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
It does make a guy proud watching your own do it. Much better than doing it yourself.

Dave that Filson "retro camo" was probably purchased 20 plus years ago, but the stuff wears like iron. Someday they can wrap my corpse in it and bury me in a shallow grave on one of the distant ridge tops in the background.

How did people get by before Mossy Tree* camo? [Smile] It was 7 degrees when we left Saturaday morn. Brrr.

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 13, 2009 08:43 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I figured that was probably a "Filson" I own several of their garments myself. Agreed great stuff !! It sure hurts the wallet when ya buy em' but you don't regret it down the road..

Yeah what did folk's do before Mossy-Oak was invented..lol..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 04:15 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Great going Jared and Lonny!

"Jared whispered, "I'm gonna take off the safety now" I had a a minor heart attack at that point..."

Made me chuckle.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 05:56 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job guys. Thx for the story.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 06:54 AM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
Quite the smile that young man has there! Nice looking coyote too. Great story and nice pics

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 14 posted October 14, 2009 07:15 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny, thats great, and tell Jared he did a smoke'n job. Beautiful coyote and beautiful country. [Wink] And one proud look'n father. [Smile] Congrats.
Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 07:23 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a heck of a coyote! Nice work!

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 08:02 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 10:49 AM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.
What part of the state?

Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 02:14 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Great job, Jared and Lonny!!! Made me look back nearly 35 years to my first kill over a call (not my first called coyote - that one didn't end so well for me. [Smile] ) Enjoy the experience as I'm sure that he'll be looking back fondly on every nuance of your time together decades down the road and, upon looking at that picture, thinking to himself, "If I'd only known then what that was going to lead to...".

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 07:03 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all the kind words and pats on the back for a young hunter.

You just can't put a price on being able to be part of this kind of stuff and I'm dang glad I as along for the ride.

Lungbuster, I'm in North Central ID. Salmon River country in the background

nd coyote killer
HUNTMASTER PRO STAFF
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2009 08:47 PM      Profile for nd coyote killer           Edit/Delete Post 
Good work i can't wait for the day that my boys are old enough!

--------------------
"Sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim" - Bear Claw

Posts: 385 | From: On a hill | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters