The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » Here;s something I thought I'd never see (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Here;s something I thought I'd never see
howler
Knows what it's all about
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 01:24 PM      Profile for howler   Email howler         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I recieved this e mail from a friend of mine this AM. It was a friend of his who was checking some snares near Geraldine Mt. and decided to do some calling, he had a partner with him who had a digetal camera with him and was going to get a few pics, Well they set up and began the rabbit call they saw 6 coyotes heading towards them, the terrain was such that they couldn't keep track of them all the time and all of a sudden they showed up at 20 yards, he shot 2 with his 204 and the next thing he knows they are closing in on 10 yards, he was carrying a sidearm so he stood and drew it and put a bullet into the 4 that were coming at him. As if that wasnt enough 1 was still alive so he walked over and put his foot down on the neck of the coyote and it reared up and bit his pant leg and wouldn't let go. his partner had to stab the coyote in the chest with a knife it died soon after. WOW lots of excitment in Northern Montana

[ January 22, 2009, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: howler ]

--------------------
Powder River let'r Buck

Posts: 53 | From: Glasgow, Montana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 01:44 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Howler, are you serious or just trying to pull our leg? [Smile]

Those coyotes look frozen to me and the tracks in front of the charging pack make it more than just a little suspicious.

A pretty funny pic though [Big Grin]

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 02:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
NASA, we need you to check snopes on this one. Something don't look right? Would it be asking too much to see a sequence?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tawnoper
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 03:09 PM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Gotta love photoshop.

Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
howler
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 03:29 PM      Profile for howler   Email howler         Edit/Delete Post 
Well its supposed to be real, but like I said Its something I didn't think I;d ever see, I'll check with my friend a bit more, he's not really prone to jokes like this

[ January 22, 2009, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: howler ]

--------------------
Powder River let'r Buck

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 04:59 PM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, and his callin' partner had time to catch the action with a still camera!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] The shooter must have chucked that .204 where? And those coyotes aren't leaving any tracks!!

[ January 22, 2009, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: TRnCO ]

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
csmithers
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 06:11 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
"Pin their ears back Cooter, it'll make it more realistical-like."
"I ain't gonna pose as the shooter Jessup, you do it. I'll sit in the truck and snap some photos."

IP: Logged
howler
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 07:06 PM      Profile for howler   Email howler         Edit/Delete Post 
The camera man was ready to take the pics in the first place and the 204 could be in the snow, But the tracks or lack of spells trouble, I'm am suspicious too

--------------------
Powder River let'r Buck

R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 07:15 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2009/01/coyote-showdown

Randy

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 08:07 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Randy, the comments are hilarious. It is amazing how upset some are getting at the suggestion the pic is staged. Some even find it impossible to believe someone would go to the trouble to fake the picture. Now who would do something like that?

Maintain

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 08:12 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
If it was so, you would think they would have more than one pic of the action. Also the pic they posted cannot be enlarged for some reason..

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 08:17 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
It would make a heck of a Christmas card.

edit to say - I think that hand needs a AR...lol

[ January 22, 2009, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 22, 2009 08:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Generally speaking, (not always, but generally) coyotes don't run four abreast, all bunched up, which causes me to think it was easier to prop them up that way. Then there is all the tracks in front and none behind them. And, shooting towards the guy with the camera, and well, it looks fake as hell to me?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2009 05:10 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
MONTANNA: Big Lie Country.
Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rich
2,000th post PAKMAN
Member # 112

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2009 07:36 AM      Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage   Email Rich         Edit/Delete Post 
In the site that R. Shaw pointed us to, I found a photo of the frozen coyotes they used to fake the story.
 -

--------------------
If you call the coyotes in close, you won't NEED a high dollar range finder.

Posts: 2854 | From: Iowa | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
howler
Member # 197

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2009 08:59 AM      Profile for howler   Email howler         Edit/Delete Post 
jrbhunter, thems fighten words to me, watch yourself [Mad]

--------------------
Powder River let'r Buck

Jrbhunter
PAYS ATTENsION TO deTAIL
Member # 459

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2009 09:20 AM      Profile for Jrbhunter   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I just realized your not the "HOWLER" I thought you were or you would've taken that as intended. TRinCO goes by Howler on another website that I frequent. My mistake.

The story is still bullshit.

We all know .204 won't kill a coyote. [Big Grin]

Posts: 615 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 23, 2009 11:26 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Thats a kewl pic, but is suspect....

JRB, your a hoot. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Wiley E
Member # 108

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2009 06:56 AM      Profile for Wiley E   Email Wiley E         Edit/Delete Post 
You are right Howler, it's something you'd never see because it didn't happen.

~SH~

Posts: 853 | From: Kadoka, S.D | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2009 09:06 AM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
Scott, I knew you were pulling our leg right off the bat. You could not have got a picture like that . The camera mane would have to be behind the coyotes. I noticed all the footprints between the coyotes and shooter too. LOL!!!! Nice picture though. I have had that senario though and didn't get a damn thing. Rocky and I were in the Midland tournament. I howled and six of them come hard right in on me. Couldn't stop them and all we got was pissed off.
Posts: 141 | From: Pierre,S.D. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 8 posted January 24, 2009 09:14 AM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I haven't woken up yet. Disregard my last post. It has already been covered.
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2009 01:51 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Has nobody else ever stuck a frozen coyote on the ground. I do that kind of thing all the time. I've never had the idea to make a charging herd of coyotes though. LOL Great picture!

Oh yeah, I leaned the frozen bobcat up alongside the couch and then let our cat in. He jumped a foot, then crouched and stared at the bobcat and I wish you guys could of seen his tail. LOL The cat was all puffed up but his tail was about as thick as an orange. LOL

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 10 posted January 24, 2009 07:32 PM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
When I was a kid back in the 60's we pulled a few tricks. One was at my Uncle's farm. My cousin and I would put wires in pheasant heads and put them in the stubble field across from the house.We had a lot of laughs when the hunters would come along. Some would shoot out of the car, some would jump out and surround the birds. Some would drive by and then come back, but none ever came up to the house and got permission. Today our State laws says no shooting within 6ooft of building or livestock. My Aunt and Uncle ejnoyed that as much as we did. When we get together we still talk about that.
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted January 24, 2009 09:16 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Last year we took the feather skin with heads attached and put on plastic pop bottle and set in a grassy ditch.. LOL

I used to have a problem with road hunters shooting my trapped fox so every now and then i would get one that was damaged to much to skin, so i would curl them up and let them freeze and then walk out into a field and walk up to a fence line with a snow drift and place the frozen fox on the drift.. LOL

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2009 07:20 AM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
A guy that I gave trapping lessons to one year, decided that he should take over all of the ground that I trapped the following year. I had land owners calling me right and left asking me if I had really given up trapping and sent him over to obtain permission. They all declined him.

Since he couldn't get my dry land grounds, he decided on using the same culverts and bridges that I trapped, as they were in public right of ways.

He would set up about five feet from my trap, at every location that I had taken him to.

You wouldn't believe the number of possums that he managed to catch in water sets during the month it took him to give up and pull his traps. [Wink]

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters