The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » The blind leading the blind (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: The blind leading the blind
Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 09:35 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
Steve is hosting a yote buster demo! Check it out.

edit; Link didn't work? http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat= 0&Number=53036801&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

Good Hunting.

Q,

[ January 08, 2009, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: Q-Wagoner ]

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 09:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah shit! The seventeenth of this month? Not enough notice, I'm due to rearange my sock drawer that day.

Thanks for the heads up, Q. With you on duty over there, I don't need to.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 09:57 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah dang it leonard, wished you could make it. It would be good to see some friends there.

Q, I hope you can make it. Looking forward to seein ya again. Hell Ill put you up there on stage with me. Show folks what a real 100 coyote per year guy looks like.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 10:35 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
Q,

I have never met you, just basing this on what I have seen you post on this board. It could all be in fun and I'm missing the joke or you could just be an asshole. Life goes on, I'm an asshole sometimes as well.

It just seems to me (an outsider, new guy, know nothing jackass - there I said it for you guys so you don't have too) that you have some issue with guys who makes DVD's or try to promote themselves. It's not just you really, there are many that share that sentiment on this board. Yet I have seen you and many of them post pics of your/their hunts, is this not the same thing? Is there some tiny tinge of jealousy because you know that you are a better hunter? I'm sure you are (again based on what I have seen you post, some amazing hunts by the way) but these guys have taken the corporate path and are turning their hobby into business. So maybe not jealousy but dislike of our hobby being treated like a business? Whatever it is I would like to know.

I mean if you guys were the Paul Bunyan super coyote killing machines that lived and died the tradition, why even have internet? Shouldn't you be in the woods stalking a coyote with your deer antler knife, walking quietly with you coon skin cap and moccasins on? What I'm getting at is a true traditionalist would not be online talking about anything, it wouldn't matter to them. The internet as it applies to our chosen hobby is for information gathering and promoting ones self (in one fashion or another)with the occasional bit of drama thrown in just to make grown men act like teenage girls. The guys like Steve have just decided to take it to another level. Is something evil about that?

I don't know Steve Criner, but if he has the opportunity to teach some new people and promote his products what is the issue with that? You don't have to be a living legend to know more then someone else. I'm sure there are plenty of people that will learn something from his seminar.

I am not a living legend, I am at the entry level of predator hunting, yet even with my limited experience I can share things I have learned with the average run of the mill once in a blue moon caller. That is who these types of events target I believe.

So in my long winded way, why the hate? I mean a mocking type saying is even in your signature.

I hope you don't take offense to this as its not my intention, as most have found I'm a pretty likable guy and we would probably get along in person. I like joking around and messing with my buddies as much as the next guy. And as I stated before I could be WAY off base with this post, but I don't think that I am.

This could be a question for others as well. As a new caller I was referred to this site. I have found it very informational. I don't post as I don't feel I have anything to add to the conversations that I read most of the time. That and unlike the "other" board there seems to be a definite "insider" crew on this board that "don't take kindly to strangers". I could be off base but it's something I have noticed.

Take Steve Criner out of the equation, it seems to be the same for any of the DVD/Sponsored/Pro/Field Staff guys. With very few exceptions allot of these guys are mocked and said to now know their ass from a hole in the ground. Not always those words but I'm sure some of you can think back and see what I'm talking about.

So how's that for a first post. Think I'm going back to my "read only" status for awhile.

Hope I didn't piss you off Lenny, guess I will know when I try to log back in.

[ January 05, 2009, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: kodiak61 ]

--------------------
While the wicked stand confounded, call me with thy saints surrounded.

Posts: 55 | From: Goldendale, WA | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 11:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well. Welcome and all that, Kodiak. While you have the loosly defined "right" to voice your views, first post then ducking and running; it is obvious that you don't understand the motivation, whether an attempt at explanation is made or not, so I will spare you. (no pun intended) Regardless of what you may have heard other places, I have no intention of deleting your post or banning you. What I think is that you have a friend who recently might have got sideways, here? Just a wild ass guess?

Anyway, you have mouthed off and I suppose you feel pretty brave and satisfied, right? Atta boy! Congratulations. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2009 11:44 PM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
Didnt feel like I was "mouthing" off. Simply stating an opinion.

I have "heard" lots of shit talking about you and pretty much everyone else who is known in the predator world. None of it matters to me really, its not making my next mortgage payment so in the grand scheme of things its just that, shit.

Good example of my opinion on this is Jay Nistetter and Rich Higgins.

I like them both and have hunted with them both. They differ on opinions and have issue with each other. Not my issue. Neither of them have pissed in my cheerio's so I'm good with both of them. I'm not an easily influenced puppet like many in this world.

The "pissed you off" comment was made because of your sig and yes the manner in which you have banned people I know. I have been told that new people should not post here because its like sending lambs to the slaughter. I have witnessed some of this, but for the most part I just don't have anything to add to the topics in which I am reading and learning from. In this case, I simply had a question on something that I feel I have noticed. I could be way off, I tried to make that clear in my initial post.

The rest of my post is my opinion, not anyone else. I'm a big boy and free to think what I wish. I try to stay polite and friendly to people as that's my nature. I don't view it as "ducking and running" or however you put it. It sure doesn't take bravery to post on any internet forum, so that comment is way off base.

I'm no badass or tommy tough guy, but I have see my fair share of shit to be scared of. And none of it was on an internet forums board.

The internet is tough in that regard, its often times hard to post what your really trying to say without typing fifty million "I don't mean this, I'm trying to say this" type of statements. Often times it's better that I don't post because it leaves less room for people to misunderstand my comments.

On subject, if I was ever given the opportunity to meet Q in person I would ask him this same question. And I wouldn't do it in an offensive way, it would just be a normal conversation in which I'm sure he would have an answer. Here on a forum though, I'm sure it came out wrong. Hopefully not.

Lots of people get feelings hurt by things like that.

Thanks for the "atta boy" though.

Andrew Kerns

[ January 05, 2009, 11:48 PM: Message edited by: kodiak61 ]

--------------------

stevecriner
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 05:16 AM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Kodiak, I "think" I have done nothing wrong to Q or LB. Ive been here a while and they all know me and what i do. LB's little SteveO remarks and Q's Prostaff stuff I hope are all In fun, though it does get old, its all in fun. If its not, neither LB or Q have said so anyway. I also think they know me well enough that if i knew it wasnt I wouldnt give to shits anyway and they would of already let it die.

Now as far as everyone else in the industry,weeeell, I couldnt tell ya what the quarrel is.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 07:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting thread, seeing as I've been known to take a (good natured) jab at the 'stars' now & then. The intent has not been to offend. Just having fun pointing out how absurd we sometimes are.
However.......if a star or star wanna-be can't handle a bit of ribbing over the inter-net, what's going to happen up on stage, live, & in person?? This place could be a good place to hone people skills.

"Q" When is the merchandise line coming out?? I need a new hat.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 07:48 AM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh trust me my skills are honed hangin out here.
U can hone your stardom skills and your coyote skills here. Hmmmm maybe S&Q star and predator university. Its a thought Quinton.

--------------------

Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 08:10 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Im offended. Were on a star thread. S and Q and SteveO have both been mentioned and no one has said a word about Leg Humpers Inc.

My PR mans laying down on the job!!

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
kodiak61
Member # 3255

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 08:18 AM      Profile for kodiak61   Author's Homepage   Email kodiak61         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh see that makes sense. It's sort of a continual joke that I see popping up from time to time and I just missed the point.

Since allot of you know each other the inside stuff goes right over my head.

This is another reason why I have been "read only" status since October. I wanted to try and catch up on this stuff so I wouldn't post stupid things.

Seems I may have messed that one up, lol.

It's not just Q or people on this forums, allot of "good" hunters choose to take jabs at the stars or wannabe stars and I don't really get it. But I guess it's true of every industry I mean heck just go to the grocery store and check out. 15 different magazines all bashing the latest who's who of Hollywood. I guess its human nature.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 08:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I sense that this has been theraputic, getting stuff off your chest, straightening out those of us on the wrong path, etc.

If you don't feel any better soon, then maybe you chose the wrong platform? I'm thinking monsters might be more your speed?

Good hunting. LB

PS, Andy, it takes time. Patience, son.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Q-Wagoner
FREE TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 12:08 PM      Profile for Q-Wagoner           Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Dang, I am real sorry I offended your sensibilities! But you do make some good points.

quote:
I don't post as I don't feel I have anything to add to the conversations that I read most of the time.
quote:
I just don't have anything to add to the topics in which I am reading and learning from.
The whole issue goes far beyond what you are obviously aware of so my personal views wouldn’t make a lick of sense to you. What makes you think that I owe you an explanation anyway? Being a self-proclaimed “know nothing jackass” and all? I admire your honesty though. Now all you have to do is convince your gal-pal ScottF that you two are one in the same. I mean your posts are really about Scott right? After all you guys are buddies and I have made it no secret that I think he is a dipshit.

I am not jealous BTW. I have been offered prostaff positions or the like from a few different companies but respectively declined. I figure I don’t have the years or the miles to be a real pro. It would be silly of me to go masquerading around the Internet and the country when there are so many hunters out there that have far greater qualifications. I would be like the guy that comes home and tells his friends he is an aquatic-engineer. It is an important sounding title but in the end he is just a water boy for the girls volleyball team.

And no I don’t think that posting pictures and sharing a story about a hunt is the same thing as making a running add campaign out of every coyote I kill. This season I have only made one post with pics. That was of the 77 coyotes we got in Texas. I have literally shot more coyotes in one fur season than your buddy Scott has in his life. I consider myself a lowly student of the game so I guess you can say that he tweaks me a little with his know it all attitude.

He doesn’t know enough yet to know he doesn’t know enough yet. LOL

Have a good one.

Q,

Posts: 617 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 02:39 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Very good post Q..How true your statements are indeed.

I remember years ago after the first hundred or so coyotes I shot,I thought I was pretty damn good.Now I look back almost 20 years later and almost laugh.....The longer I call coyotes the more I realize how little I KNOW,and how many other guys are well beyond what I think is good.

But with the Internet you can be a "ROCKSTAR" overnite.lol

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 03:07 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Q, I would have to talk to Cal, but I think we could probably work you in a pro staff position with Leg Humpers Inc. I mean if you think your up to it.... [Razz]

Chad, ole buddy, you want in too? Hows your leg humpin, fist pumpin and end zone dancin these days? [Smile]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
tawnoper
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 03:20 PM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
Very well said Q...

Recently it seems more and more guys are getting into predator calling solely to make a name for themselves. A nice day out calling and enjoying just the anticipation of something maybe coming in seems lost to them. Most of the time after I read one of their posts I come away wondering if they even enjoyed it. It seems their whole objective is shoot an animal, take pics and rush home to make a post on 3-4 sites...a little beyond just sharing IMO. I get so burned out on the fantasy football, paintball mentality of constantly keeping score as a way of determining who's winning or better... "I've shot 50 coyotes since Nov"... who gives a shit! I didn't know we were having a contest.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good hunt story with nice pics as much as anyone. Some of you guys occasionally post stories and I'm first in line to read them...but, I'm just burnt on the guys (who are obvious to many people) that are posting for self promotion, they post EVERYTHING they shoot along with the caller (which is always listed in their signiture anyway). If they want to promote the caller...just post a pic of IT, you dont need to be kneeling down next to it, everyone knows they work. Also, no need to give out helpful tips or answer questions that nobody asked in the majority of their posts. Okay, rant over lol.

[ January 16, 2009, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: tawnoper ]

Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 04:02 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy,

That's sounds like a really great offer,but I don't know if I have enough "EXPERIENCE"....

In the field of leg humping,fist pumping,and end zone dancing that is. [Roll Eyes]

Ah, what the hell count me in......lol

Good Hunting Bud

Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
"I have literally shot more coyotes in one fur season than your buddy Scott has in his life."

Q,

I was with you, up to that point, but then, as Tawnoper said, "so what... who gives a shit?"

That doesn't make you any less of an ass, than ladder boy or his lapdog, in fact, I think it makes you look worse. [Smile]

While you were rubbing their noses in it, you got some on you, and now you stink just like they do.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 04:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but it's a good stink. I mean a different stink, not the same as Loony Tunes, for sure.

Good hunting. LB

[ January 06, 2009, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 05:12 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
If you've done it; it's not bragging, it's just a fact. Nothing wrong with Q making that point.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 05:23 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Im bout as far from self premotion as you can get, and this thread has my name on it. Cant we start a new one. Its making me look bad to all my fans,lol. Just kiddin. I used to post every kill 4 years ago or so but then I didnt really have any chance I figured at a career in this industry. Well I matured a bit and quit posting alot. Now that I am in this industry and it pays some of my bills and I depend on it some, I think it is even more important not to self premote. I have to post my seminars and answer a few questions now and then on some boards due to us being advertisers and its my job to be a customer service rep, i guess you could say. With this being said and I have said this before to some of you," Why cant I be different than some of the others?" Would it hurt to have a Prostaffer admit hes not the best or the most knowledgable, but maybe good at talking and speeking to people of a high number in attendance? I think maybe just teaching what you know and not have a whore like mentality will get you pretty far in this industry. I can say I got here by not kissing ass, but by accident. The head videographer seen some of my stuff and liked it. Here i am, Pro Staff member to H.S. Its just me Steve Criner,a fist pumping,end zone dancin hill boy that likes callin coyotes. No leg humpin" though. I guess though if I shot 100 plus a year instead of 15 to 30 I might not dance so much. Surely I would have twisted my back out by now,lol.

Now lets start a new thread.....without my name on it,lol.

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 05:43 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Just keep reminding yourself, Steve, that there's no such thing as bad publicity. Britney Spears can still find work, so bad publicity never hurt her, despite her best efforts.

So what if four or five people take exception to what you do. 300,000+ others seem to be okay with you. [Wink]

[ January 06, 2009, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 05:58 PM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

I don't think there is a good stink... good smells, and bad stinks.

Q lowered himself by taking the "numbers killed" shot, and that wasn't "a good thing", so he stinks (IMO).

Otherwise, Vic, I was with Q on most of his points made.

Steve,

At least this thread has your name, and something you're doing...

Do a search and see how many "Krusty" threads there are. [Wink]

It's a tough gig, being under the microscope, eh? [Big Grin]

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 06:13 PM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, Actually I dont feel Im under the scope. I really dont think this is directed to me really. I think it is all in fun. Just some dont take it well. I kinda like it, I feel special.

--------------------

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2009 06:20 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, Q can join up anytime, but I thought him and Scott were the anti-humpers and our direct competition? But if Q wants to jump ship already it's ok by me! I've seen others do the same.

Steve, your OK by me, I don't care what the rest of these guys say. [Big Grin] Your honest and direct and if you are getting to do what you want and doing a good job at it then more power to you.

I couldn't do it and I've kind of proven it to myself. I'm not the sharing, teaching, helping type. [Razz]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters