The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » A Few Coyotes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A Few Coyotes
tawnoper
Knows what it's all about
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 07:22 AM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend and I had a good hunt this past Friday/and part of Friday night. We also had a couple good stands on Saturday morning while driving home. We took off early Friday morning so we would be out to the area at first light. We spent the day calling (hand calls) and had some good response early morning till around noon or so. We shot coyotes from distances ranging from 20ft (and still coming) to one of my personal best shots of 365 yards.

A couple from the first few stands.

-

-

This is what we had by around 3:00 pm or so

-

We managed one more after this picture so we ended up with ten for the day.

We ate some chow and got ready to do some night calling. After driving and hunting all day neither of us figured we would be able to hunt all night long before one of us zonked out. We ended up hunting till around midnight or so till we crashed, but we saw some stuff. My buddy did all the shooting cause he hadn’t shot a bobcat yet this season and wanted one. He ended up shooting a couple coyotes and a nice tom bobcat. We were real lucky to find the cat. He just caught the shoulder, at the shot the cat jumped up and took off. We looked for probably 20 minutes before finding blood, then tracked the cat down a wash for about a 100 yards. He was holed up in some yucca. Shotgun finished him and really relieved my buddy.

-

-

-

On the drive home we made a couple stands and got this nice coyote.

-

A real nice hunt but I wish we had more time. We ended up with thirteen coyotes and a bobcat. Can’t wait to get back out again.

[ November 20, 2006, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: tawnoper ]

Posts: 53 | From: socal | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rich Higgins
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 11:28 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! Unless you guys are from Munchkinland that is one big bobcat.
Big numbers. Those coyotes are furred up nicely. Beautiful animals.

IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 01:24 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a good couple days of calling.

[ November 20, 2006, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Norm
Member # 240

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 02:42 PM      Profile for Norm   Email Norm         Edit/Delete Post 
looks like a great day in the desert... congratulations.

--------------------
Carpe Diem

Posts: 778 | From: Phx AZ | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
tawnoper
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 03:27 PM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
That cat was a pretty good one, had some nice color. Not real heavy, more long and lanky.
Munchkinland...that cracked me up. [Big Grin]

Tim Behle
Administrator MacNeal Sector
Member # 209

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 07:28 PM      Profile for Tim Behle   Author's Homepage   Email Tim Behle         Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like you had a great day!

You guys are making me jealous, I had too many kids, there seems to be always something going on to keep me away from hunting each weekend!

--------------------
Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take
an ass kickin'.

Posts: 3160 | From: Five Miles East of Vic, AZ | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 08:06 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, it's a breath fo fresh air Tim....nothing to do, but whatever to hell you want. Like I did yesterday morning, called five coyotes and one bobcat, even with the damned blowing wind we had!
Your day is coming buddy, it's just a little further down the road. Hey, I noticed Joyce and my son, share the same birthday! Happy B-day Joyce....what are you now?....26 or 27:)

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2006 10:11 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
WOW! Unless you guys are from Munchkinland that is one big bobcat.
Funny, I was thinking much the same thing of the 2nd picture. i was thinking to myself, "WOW, what a huge coyote!!!"

That really is a full stringer you guys got there!!! Great hunting!!! Beautiful cat!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tawnoper
Member # 497

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2006 07:25 AM      Profile for tawnoper   Email tawnoper         Edit/Delete Post 
You should of seen the HUGE jackrabbit he shot. [Big Grin] I've got a picture of him holding it up somewhere around here. [Big Grin]
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2006 03:26 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Darned impressive and great photos. Beautiful country.

Thirteen coyotes and one bobcat -- that's about the most I've ever seen in a day much less shot.

Congrats!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters