The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » This should help with those difficult doubles

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This should help with those difficult doubles
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2011 04:02 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I want one!

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/11/24/armys-revolutionary-rifle-use-afghanistan/

Probably not fur friendly

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2011 05:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
A Tony Tebbe autograph model is already on the drawing board. Byron is said to be so jealous that he made his R&D team run laps.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2011 05:35 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
you don't need all that. Team Buckethead scores again. Don't forget the AJ a little on each stand goes a long way.

-

Stay after them
Kelly

edit to say that might have been handy on one that I killed a tree limb on yesterday.

[ February 27, 2011, 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2011 08:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
SHOW OFF

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2011 10:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Who said I was talkin coyotes?

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2011 04:10 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Not new at all. Special Forces with the Army have been using a variant of this weapon for at least five years in Iraq. One of my co-workers' brothers is SF and he told us of how effective this weapon was after I'd seen an episode of some show on Dicover Channel about it. He said they can range a sctructure, shoot a round through a window and have it detonate 1 meter inside the room pretty much leveling anything or anyone in that room by chopping them in half at the level of the round when it goes off. Very nasty and very effective weapon. Glad to know we have it and they don't.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2011 06:33 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul if you aint talking coyotes, what then?

LB this post is to show off.
Made a stand this evening after work and had 5 show up. Three of them were all over my dog. I killed two on the first pass that were standing off a bit. The dog leads another back and I killed it. The call and the dog got the4th one to come back and they went over a terrace behind me. That coyote was chewin on my dog pretty hard and I ran over the terrace and the coyote took off. I only had 10 rounds in my mag and had already shot three of them, I won’t tell you how many times I missed, but I did make a Texas heart shot on the farthest coyote in the pic. 462 long steps and I still had a few rounds left…lol.

-

Then made another stand for a cat as it is our last day of cat season here. Set the call out about 120 yards and made the dog stay close by me. Killed this nice spotted female with no tits showing. She is now in the freezer with the rest of them.
Now that is showing off.

-

Question to those that know. All four of these coyotes were male, what are the odds number 5 would have been a male. The triple on Saturday were all males also.

Yall stay after them
Kelly

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 02:10 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly actually I was just kiddin around.saw the gun and read about it and wanted to share with those that hadnt seen it.
Great shooting under pressure I hope the dog recovers.That must have got the old pump goin!
I dont like taking my dog with me unless I have open ground where I can keep a close eye on her she likes to run em out a ways. If I lose sight of her I tone her back right away.Shes playing and they are not.
As to chance of all those male coyotes running together I dont have a clue.
Again Nice job!

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 11:51 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
KJ, good job on removing the Buckethead before taking those pics. The shadow silhouetted against the fur pile may have given away some valuable secrets...

Pancake syrup stains notwithstanding, good lookin' out!

And that bobcat is marked up like an African serval! Real pretty...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 02:10 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Kelly it took awhile to find the post you texted me about,

seen all males in a 4 pack once that looked like YOY littermates from the previous year during an April calving deal with the 5th showing up late being an old male. Only 5 pack I can remember being killed and showing all males. Seen numerous triples all males but anything over that had a female in it

Had the plane here last week and they shot a 5 pack laying all together in a 50 yard circle when discovered, 3 males 2 females all YOY no swelling or evidence of breeding in the females,yet, a pair of adults male and female breeding pair about 200 yards from this five pack, and two single males within 400 yards of this 5 pack one on each side, all for the most part within a half mile in the same drainage. Would be interesting to have done a DNA test to see if they all were of the same bloodline.

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 02:25 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My guess, (and it really IS only a guess) is that the one that got away, in Kelly's story, was a female. The others were two brother-in-laws, a recent transient and a sibling of the alpha female. All, drinking buddies and school chums.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 06:29 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
killed a baby maker this evening. Took the JRT and Tater man was he star this evening.
He went toe to toe with the big male in the pic. Pepper took the other two into the thick. I toned her all the way back to me and left Tater wih the male. When the other two got where I could kill them I did and got the old male to stop when I unmuted the call. 3 showed up and none left. 2 males and a female.

-

Randy thanks for your input, if the 3rd one on the triple Saturday had got away I would have thought it to be a female. Two of those three looked to be of the same litter. Heck the third more than likely was. I called around in there for two more hours looking or the pair that I knew had to be there. Never got them to show.
Coyotes here seem to want to work the dogs real well,have yours started yet?

Stay after them
Kelly

Baldknobber
Knows what it's all about
Member # 514

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 08:33 PM      Profile for Baldknobber   Email Baldknobber         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats one damn fine bobcat. Very pretty spots.

--------------------
JTBMO

Posts: 202 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2011 08:38 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
No Kelly I have not had the older dogs out but I have been taking my new Cur pup with me on ocassion. So far she shows a lot of promise. When I'm not working off the snowmobile. This pic was from when we had lost a lot of the snow and for about 3 days a guy could get around with the truck. Now were back to the snowmobile! Been breaking in a DPMS in 243 also, so far so good!

-

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 01:31 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
That is a nice 'cat, Kelly. Done a few rugs from cats with spots like that. Make my Kansas farm cats look like junk.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 02:09 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
that pup looks like she sure loves to be out there with you. I bet she makes a good one.

Thx guys this cat was the best I took this season for sure.

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 03:10 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, you guys hunt some seriously open country. The last stand that I made, was standing up, 'cause the brush was to thick to see thru sitting down.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TundraWookie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 1044

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 05:46 PM      Profile for TundraWookie           Edit/Delete Post 
That sure is some big, wide-open country.
Randy, what snow machine do you ride?

Posts: 857 | From: Alaska | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 07:26 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Called five on one stand this evening, should have killed 4, but I missed one.
Yall are about tired of this, so I will let this die.

-

Stay after them
Kelly

edit to say all 3 of these were males.

[ March 02, 2011, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 08:53 PM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Only 3 out of 5? You're slippin'!
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2011 09:02 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll try and do better tomorrow evening Jim. I need to go back and clean up those other two if I can.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters