The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Politics forum   » Arizona Immigration Law

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Arizona Immigration Law
Briguy
Unofficial AGENT PROVOCATEUR
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2010 12:45 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, we have been getting a lot of press in AZ lately over some of the things Gov. Brewer is passing and such. This is just the latest. Take a look down at paragraph 5...I can't remember who, but someone in another thread made a joke about it. Interesting how now it's ringing true and this many people are against it...I don't get it.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100423/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_enforcement

Edited to fix the link...

[ April 23, 2010, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Briguy ]

Posts: 94 | From: El Desierto | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2010 01:57 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and our immigrant president doesn't think it is such a good idea that Arizona took the initiative to do this...I applaud your governor!

Our president wanted to make sure that no civil rights are violated...you have to be a citizen to be afforded that luxury, correct?

[ April 23, 2010, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Briguy
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2010 03:03 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw where she signed it into law...GO JAN!!!

I don't think this governor is going to be on the top of Obama's list for any of those big fancy national office jobs like the last one. In addition to the concealed carry law and this one that is making some headlines, they are also considering a "birthers" law that states any presidential candidate must first prove their eligability before Arizona will include them on the ballot. The lawmakers here are saying it's not a direct slam on Obama, but clearly...

Briguy
Member # 3471

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2010 03:37 PM      Profile for Briguy           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sherrif Joe, might want to send some immigration enforcement officers to downtown Phoenix...looks like all the illegals have gather there!!!
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2010 08:36 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
The Hispanics and BO are making a big deal over nothing. I was at a wedding in Tucson over the weekend. A nephew was also there that works at the state capitol, and I was able to talk to him about this controversial bill.

First off, a LEO must have a legal reason to pull one over. Second, the LEO must have some reason to inquire about immigration status during the interview that takes place while pulling one over. Usually, the suspect doesn't have all of their paperwork. My neighbor has gone on Phoenix PD ride alongs with his son a cop in the Maryvale district. He says a very high majority of the people pulled over in this area do not have registration, license or proof of insurance. Missing these documents or not being unable to speak the Queen's English can be used to establish probable cause to investigate immigrations status. The LEO can use his/her discretion as to how far they may want to pursue the issue. If they have more important calls they can just drop the matter; but if the person has MS13 tattoos or some other gang related evidence, the LEO can use this law to incarcerate them. Hopefully, LEOs will not abuse this law. I’ve found that if there ever is a law that can be abused, some dickhead will abuse it. One issue the cities will be faced with is Sheriff Joe. A long time ago he started charging the cities a fee of $150 to process a suspect into the county jail system. This was one of Joe’s so called better ideas to save the county money, but the tax payers still have to foot the bill. Before Joe, the county never charged to process a suspect into the county jail. This will probably dampen the use of this law from being abused because the processing bill could cost the cities millions of dollars if we incarcerated even a small fraction of illegal aliens. Five east valley cities are considering having a private jail operated in the east valley to save them processing fees, operational fees and transport fees. Joe shut down the east valley jail to save money. Joe also charges the cities an incarceration fee per day for misdemeanor detainees.

My nephew’s name has been used in some of the press releases. This has caused him to get a ton of phone calls regarding this bill. He has received calls from the major national news networks like CNN. He has even received one phone call from a London newspaper. He has also received more than his fair share of phone calls from the loons out there. Luckily he hasn’t received any life threatening calls yet. He has been trying to get his boss on Fox. He is a good conservative. Unlike myself, he isn’t going to vote for the 1 percent sales tax increase. Like myself, he isn’t voting for Sheriff Joe or Thomas Andrews. I’m voting for the 3 year 1 percent (prop 100) sales tax increase because this mess the state is in is really the Feds fault. The Fed caused this economic mess, not Az. Az has made 2 billion in cuts, but they will have to cut even more from education and public safety without prop 100. Like myself, my nephew won’t be voting for Sheriff Joe or Thomas Andrews. He doesn’t like all of the Sheriff’s lost lawsuits for wrongful deaths. He also says Joe has a bunch of skeletons’ in his closet. He believes Joe will be indicted if he ever leaves office. As sheriff he can keep it covered up. According to my nephew, Thomas Andrews has lied to his face twice; thus, he cannot stand the guy.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2010 09:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Gotta disagree with you on Prop 100. The line has to be drawn somewhere. No more taxes!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted April 26, 2010 05:14 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't expect everyone to agree with me on prop 100. My nephew at the state house doesn't. I just say that Arizona's state government has acted responsible in this mess and has cut 2 billion off our budget. Despite this much cutting they still need prop 100 to pass. Since they have cut the budget, I'll support the temporary increase in sales tax. Keep in mind in order for the legislature to make the increase permanent, it would have to pass with a 2/3rds vote in both houses and the gov would have to sign it. So I truly believe it will be temporary.

As far as Washington DC, I don't want to give them .01 cents per year more than I am now. Those bastards spend money faster than it can be printed.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters