The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Remembering Danny Batastini

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Remembering Danny Batastini
onecoyote
Knows what it's all about
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 01:23 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Everyone,
Just a brief note to mark the one year anniversary of my husband's passing. Don't want Danny's name to vanish from the hunting world completely.
Take a look at his blog over in Predator Professionals if you haven't already or take a moment to remember him. Thanks
Charlene Batastini

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 01:36 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't want Danny's name to vanish from the hunting world completely".

I don't think you have to worry about that.Danny's one of those guys that won't be forgotten,A True Giant in the Predator hunting/calling world.His name will stand the test of time for sure..

Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 01:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for reminding us, Charlene. You know, I went to my 50th high school reunion Sept 18, and reminded several people, including Rod Agajanian, (who was a neighbor of Danny's) that he had passed away last year. Rod was very surprised. As was Richard Cooper. These three could throw rocks from one house to the other, back then. I only mentioned it to those from the old neighborhood because he was a year behind us and not familiar to everybody. They had a list of 1960 grads that had passed on, and three or four, I had not know that they had died. In fact Richard was in a wheelchair because he was in an accident, in Tennessee, while going to a family reunion on his mothers side, since his whole family lives in Kansas, presently.

Anyway, his brother Johnny was driving (Danny knows him too) and he had a blowout and crossed the center divider hitting an 18 wheeler head on. Johnny and his daughter died but Richard survived. He's all messed up with both ankles broken and already a couple leg operations but lucky to be alive. He remembers none of it.

Anyway, back to Danny. He was a gentle soul and a good guy, purty good hunter too. Course, I taught him everything. Not really, I'm lying.

Hope you are doing okay?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 02:05 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Leonard for the info on Rod Agajanian, I am sure Danny's brother Rocky will remember him. His family was very close to them after Danny's father died.
I am going to drive out from Massachusetts shortly and go to Carver's in Nevada where Danny is laid to rest. My family thinks I'm nuts but driving cross country is nothing after you have been married to a guy that could drive for three days straight just to shoot coyotes! lol
Danny always told me I would hate going back east and he was right, I miss the west now more than ever.
Good hunting.....

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 03:29 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to worry Charlene
Danny will always be remebered. I am so greatful I had the opportunity to me you two in person at the Huntnasters campout in Seligman.
Now get on out west where you belong.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cayotaytalker
DOES NOT TEACH/SUSPECTED OKIE
Member # 1954

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 04:30 PM      Profile for Cayotaytalker   Email Cayotaytalker         Edit/Delete Post 
Charlene,Thank you. I also got to see danny at the campout.I will always think of Danny as Billy the Kidd.
Richard Dollar

--------------------
Now thats prime coyote country!

Posts: 403 | From: LasVegas Nevada | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged
HuntnCarve
Member # 3527

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 04:59 PM      Profile for HuntnCarve   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Mrs.Batastini,
Danny blessed many folks with his presence.
http://forum.finsandfur.net/index.php?board=47.0
Alot of us are sorry we never got the chance to meet him. But rest assured, he will not be forgotten.

Dave

Posts: 19 | From: S.E. Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 05:04 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
I am sorry for your loss, ma'am.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 08:41 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Gone, but not forgotten!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2010 09:15 PM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
I assure you Danny will not be forgotten. He had joined another board that I frequent and I had mistakenly taken him as a new guy that had just joined. Danny was sharing some knowledge with us and I asked him if he had read that from a book or something like that, because no new guy would know all that stuff. My coyote hunting partner, who has been coyote hunting himself since '73, called me real quick. He asked, "Do you have any idea who you are talking to on that thread"? I said, "No, but he sure thinks he knows a lot for being a new guy". My partner said, "That's because he isn't a new guy you idiot. That's Danny Batastini". I think he heard my jaw drop over the phone. [Big Grin]
I quickly got on the message board and apologized to Danny for my mistake and thank goodness he took it very well. He wrote me a private message telling me that it was quite alright and that he had actually got a chuckle from it.
He was a class act all the way. [Wink]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted September 29, 2010 09:28 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Well said James!

quote:
He was a class act all the way.
I really don't think it can be said better than that.

Charlene, you be careful on your drive out.

Nikonut

IP: Logged
Crow Woman
Member # 157

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2010 06:25 AM      Profile for Crow Woman   Email Crow Woman         Edit/Delete Post 
I was just talking about him this past weekend and about his musuem, Charlene! He will never be forgotten... and you will always be in my heart and prayers! You are an amazing woman, Charlene...

Will you be coming through NY or PA and how? I would love to have lunch or coffee. Heck if you even need a place to hang your head for the night, just hollar. I'm right in the middle of 86 and 80.

--------------------
Sheri L Baity

Lord, Please give me peace, because if you give me strength, I might beat someone to death!

Posts: 687 | From: Covington | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dusty Hunter
Member # 1031

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2010 04:39 PM      Profile for Dusty Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I was fortunate to meet you and Danny in Seligman also. As a matter of fact, a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about Danny, his coyote calling museum and how he enjoyed sharing his experiences and knowledge. Fred
Posts: 346 | From: AZ | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2010 02:10 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone for your nice comments about Danny. This has been a very difficult year but looking at Danny's photo albums of all his hunting and fishing makes it bearable.
Being back in the northeast is kind of strange now, I haven't seen a coyote here in a whole year. When I was in Nevada, a day wouldn't pass without seeing at least one coyote passing through our backyard.

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted October 01, 2010 08:29 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I never met Danny, but sure would have liked to have met him after reading his blog. He is truly a legend for us predator hunters.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters