The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Hunting trucks -- What do you drive?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hunting trucks -- What do you drive?
The Outdoor Tripp
Knows what it's all about
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 08:22 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
If there's something with more character than the Pampas Assed Know-it-Alls on this board, it's the hunting rigs they drive.

I drive a 1981 Datsun/Nissan (first year of name conversion) 4WD King Cab. Faded dark red, 4" lift kit, no radio, no AC, moderately rusty, held together by hunting stickers and bearer of 260,000 miles (on its second odometer). Nothing more exciting than getting your feet wet crossing the creek.

The old girl still delivers 22 mpg on the highway.

What do you drive?

[ October 02, 2006, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: The Outdoor Tripp ]

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 08:39 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a bad ol' ride. 1993 Jeep Cherokee Laredo. I got it because it was cheap. That's usually how I pick trucks and such. Tomorrow in fact I'm picking up my new bad ol' ride. 2002 F150 4x4 w/ only 25,000 miles. A couple of my guys buy wrecked trucks from the dealer auctions, fix them and then sell them. So anyway, my new ride is gonna cost me a mere $8k .

I can't hardly wait!!! [Smile]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 08:43 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
2006 4 door chevy 4wd, plenty of room and my feet stay dry crossing a creek. Oh and I get 19 mpg on the highway.

I do have a 4 wheeler in the back if I want to get my feet wet. [Smile]

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Outdoor Tripp
Member # 619

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 08:46 PM      Profile for The Outdoor Tripp   Author's Homepage   Email The Outdoor Tripp         Edit/Delete Post 
Pictures! Give us pictures!

--------------------
The Outdoor Tripp
www.theoutdoortripp.com
"All great truths begin as blasphemies."

Posts: 805 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 09:00 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
04 F250 Crew Cab 4x4 with 6.0 Powerstroke. Bought it new in Oct 04 and already got 55k on it.

Dont have any pics.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 05:57 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's one of them, '04.5 Ram 2500 CTD, on it's maiden voyage (only had 500 miles on it when this pic was taken):

-

A few hours later, it was up to the bumpers in mud and needed a wrecker to save it. Instead of a picture of that though, how about a nice hero shot, LOL!

-

And here's the other one, an '06 Wrangler. This pic is also from it's maiden voyage, also less than 500 miles on it when this pic was taken last winter:

-

The Jeep has undergone significant modifications since then. I don't have any recent pics that show all of them, but here's a couple that show most of them, including the custom dead coyote rack on the back [Smile] . Drove through those cracks without slipping a tire, too, by the way [Smile] .

-

-

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 06:53 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy cow Dave!! Ever get stranded out there doing that shit? LOL That slick rock country is cool. I came thru SE Utah, spent about a day and a half, driving around in August. Thats some really cool country....

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
rooster32
Member # 61

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 07:48 PM      Profile for rooster32   Email rooster32         Edit/Delete Post 
Just saw an ad for the new 4 door Jeep the really got my attention. Could be a new project in the near future.

"See honey...it has 4 doors" [Cool]

-

[ October 03, 2006, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: rooster32 ]

Posts: 26 | From: Sandy, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheHuntedOne
Member # 623

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 08:34 PM      Profile for TheHuntedOne   Author's Homepage   Email TheHuntedOne         Edit/Delete Post 
 -

94 Cherokee. Had her since the day she was born. That picture was from about 3 years ago at the end of March.

Al

--------------------
The On Line Resource For Custom Call Makers

THO Game Calls

Posts: 266 | From: New Hampshire | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
REM223PA
Member # 332

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 09:15 PM      Profile for REM223PA   Email REM223PA         Edit/Delete Post 
love my 99 ford 250,000 on her from every corner of this country and still has not let me down  -

--------------------
George W Ackley

Posts: 13 | From: PHILADELPHIA PA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged
brad h
Member # 57

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2006 09:19 PM      Profile for brad h   Email brad h         Edit/Delete Post 
This pic is also a few years old but nothing has changed. This is my 85 Dodge 3/4 ton with 125,000 miles. The engine is a rebuilt 318 built to pull a load...gears are limited slip. She'll go where ever she wants to go rain or shine without a miss. Camping and jet ski activities went to the wayside (which the engine was built, and truck was bought for) after two more kids decided to come around so now it's my 9 mpg hunting truck.

-

Posts: 346 | From: Glendive MT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevecriner
UNKNOWN-before he was famous?
Member # 892

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 04:57 AM      Profile for stevecriner   Email stevecriner         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a King Ranch ford f-150 last year. Its an 02 i think. It aint worth a damn. To fancey for my likings. The leather seats scuff easy. But if you look past the bling, bling its just an old ford.

--------------------
"I love coyotes and put up with dogs....My neighbor has a slew of them."

Posts: 321 | From: missouri | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 07:53 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I drive a truck that's kind of a reflection of my self; It's kind of old, it's kind of beat up, and it often kind of smells bad.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7587 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 11:25 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't blame yourself, could of been Brent!

Seriously, didn't you say that you and keekee have been hunting partners or am I confusing a couple of people?

edit: for the seriously part. [Wink]

[ October 04, 2006, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
bigben
Member # 864

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 12:44 PM      Profile for bigben           Edit/Delete Post 
95 nissan 4x4 x-cab. quiet, heater works and ac works. what more can you ask for. in the fall the trappin vehicle is either a 1970 cj-5 jeep that has heat in the summer and ac in the winter or a 85 chevy 1/2 ton that atleast has heat all year round.
Posts: 54 | From: sc pa. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
TrappinJohn
PAKMAN
Member # 943

Icon 1 posted October 04, 2006 04:22 PM      Profile for TrappinJohn   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Had to retire this one last year. 1988 Toyota, 210,000 miles. Still ran great but the frame gave out. Miss this little tank.

-

Posts: 6 | From: Western PA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 04:27 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
TJ, those Toyota's are amazing! I had an 87 (last year of the plain carbreted 4, super reliable) that made it to 286,000 miles between me and a brother. It only stopped then because of a patch of ice and a roll-over. Still running strong.
Never needed more than tires, brakes, 1 set of new plugs, 1 clutch master cylinder, and 1 clutch (at 180,000 miles), super reliable.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
PAyotehunter
Member # 764

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 06:07 PM      Profile for PAyotehunter   Author's Homepage   Email PAyotehunter         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a bunch of toyota's, they are great.
I have a 02 F-150 5.4 super-crew lariat w/cap now.
Here are some of my old toys. I'll post others, have to find what file they are in first.

This was my first truck.
 -
This was my second, I should have kept this one.
 -
This was my fourth, should have kept this one too.
 -

Posts: 57 | From: Northeast PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
TrappinJohn
PAKMAN
Member # 943

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 06:23 PM      Profile for TrappinJohn   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow PAyotehunter, those last two look like Cadilacs compared to my old spray can camo [Eek!]
Posts: 6 | From: Western PA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Freddie
Member # 952

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 07:01 PM      Profile for Freddie           Edit/Delete Post 
Well if I can figure out how to post a picture I will show the Freddie mobile with hero shot. This might take a while.  -

[ October 09, 2006, 08:22 AM: Message edited by: Freddie ]

Posts: 29 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
PAyotehunter
Member # 764

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 07:09 PM      Profile for PAyotehunter   Author's Homepage   Email PAyotehunter         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the one I had before my f-150 I have now.

-

Here is my F-150, to the left of my eclipse.

-

Posts: 57 | From: Northeast PA | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
bigbore50ak
PAKMAN
Member # 739

Icon 1 posted October 05, 2006 07:52 PM      Profile for bigbore50ak   Email bigbore50ak         Edit/Delete Post 
little over a month ago i got me a 06 ranger fx4 4x4. before that was a 93 f150 id drove for 11 year.
Posts: 1 | From: indiana | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters