The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Any of you old farts remember the old Predator Posse board. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Any of you old farts remember the old Predator Posse board.
Alaskan Yoter
Knows what it's all about
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 08:02 PM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember it Mule, matter fact I think we got aquainted in the chat room. [Big Grin]
Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted August 15, 2008 09:38 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
Thats right Alaska!

How ya been? Man I haven't talked to you in a long while [Smile]

--------------------
Kickin' it on the Steppes. Livin' in my Yurt

My Hockey Mom can beat up your Community Organizer

Posts: 334 | From: Ulan Bator | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 12:36 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Well thats cause ya up and vanished for a while. [Big Grin] Then ya reappeared her not long ago. [Wink]

I have been doing great but probably real close to the same as when we used to chat. [Big Grin]

I hope all is going well with you these days?

[ August 16, 2008, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Alaskan Yoter ]

Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 08:51 PM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember both Shade tree and Predator Posse. I had it in my head it was called Posse Country though, but I could be wrong.
I met my coyote hunting partner there and remember several of the folks you talked about.
Wasn't it on the Posse board where Higgins first started putting horns on the E.L.K.'s or am I mistaken again? [Wink]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 11:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shadetree and "Arizona Predator Posse" go together, brainchild of Bruce Kennedy. It's been gone a long time. Yes, the name of Bob Davis's Board was Posse Country . Actually, Huntmasters and Posse Country were created about the same time, basically because of the demise of Shadetree . Shortly after Will set up Predator Masters , Bob transfered the entire membership of Posse Country to Predator Masters and closed Posse Country . Huntmasters sort of languished as a satellite of the North American Hunters Board with onecoyote as moderator. He drifted away somewhere and I got lynched at Predator Masters and decided to take over Huntmasters and eventually split it off from North American Hunters . But, way back then, Predator Masters got a tremendous advantage by doubling their membership overnight, literally.

Huntmasters does not solicit members, its all word of mouth, and suffers from not having "predator" or "coyote" in the title for the search engines. So, as a consequence, we are much smaller, membership wise.

Good hunting. LB

edit: forgot to mention Coyote Gods , which emerged at the same time as Huntmasters and Posse Country .

[ August 16, 2008, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bopeye
PLATINUM MEMBER
Member # 907

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 05:49 AM      Profile for Bopeye           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Leonard. I knew most of it, but some of it I did not. The stuff I did know was kind of hazy so I'm glad I have it clear now. I do remember PM getting the Posse's membership which makes a bunch of the membership bogus, because I had to register again to get on PM. I know PM's number is hugely inflated, but you can't convince anyone else of it. [Wink]

BTW, I had almost forgot about Coyote Gods. It seems that John Henry didn't like my weapon of choice nor my questions so I quietly exited their camp years ago. Stil a few boys on there though that I consider friends. [Smile]

--------------------
Predator Masters, where all the good coyote hunters have already left.

www.easterncoyotes.com

Posts: 58 | From: East Tennessee | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 09:24 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Bob still moderates a board, by the name of "Texas Predator Posse" Ive been there once or twice, almost exclusively for the Texas boys....as the name indicates. Might not be the same Bob? not sure.
Posts: 1630 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 10:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nopey dopey. That's Bob Connell. Bob Davis is heavy into the biker rally stuff. I heard, at one time, he owned fifteen message boards, don't know how true it is?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 10:02 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic,

I believe Bob Connell runs The Texas Predator Posse.

Heck of a good guy.

Which one is "Evil Bob", from California, that ran PM when I showed up?

I thought he was a stand-up guy.

Krusty  -

[ August 17, 2008, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Krustyklimber ]

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 10:19 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ok, I was trying to remember his last name....I stand corrected. Im sure at a loss for remembering Bob Davis, guess Im suffering the early stages of partial-hiemers.
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 10:40 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Krusty, I remember the "Bob" that you are talking about. I beleive he was a head honch at PM for awhile? It seems like I remember him being from CA. He was one of those guys that came in and was all friendly and posted a few pics and whoosh he was suddenly in power and like usual, things went downhill from there. Like many after him, this "Bob" claimed brotherhood to Will Craig even though Will was likely dead by the time that "Bob" took a job with PM. I think that was about the time Craig Hamilton was appointed spokesman and he was another poor choice. Heck, I think Leonard had to send him packing from HM, if I remember corectly?
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 10:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Craig wasn't banned. That was just another unfair situation, like Redfrog free to say what he wants over here, while I can't even use the search feature, over there. This is so obvious, I don't see why I need to mention it, but when traveling in that parallel universe as is PM, things obvious seem to be invisible?

"Huh? What? We're not in bed with Foxpro!"

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Krustyklimber
prefers the bunny hugger pronunciation: ky o tee
Member # 72

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 11:36 AM      Profile for Krustyklimber   Email Krustyklimber         Edit/Delete Post 
Lonny,

Yeah, he was at the controls at PM, when the chat opened up, and word got out I could be found there, he spent about two weeks booting people off there, who just wanted a piece of me...
He'd let 'em tell me off, until they'd go too far then poof, they were gone. [Smile]

If my memory serves me correctly, Robert "Stretch" Cobb, was spokesman and salesman at the time, if it wasn't Randy Black?

Now, the PM Chatroom... [Smile]
We had a pretty good assemblage of people there, for the most part, long after most of us were banned from the forums.

Krusty  -

--------------------
Think about how stupid the average person is, then realize that half of them are stupider than that!

Posts: 1912 | From: Deep in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 11:57 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
My mistake Leonard, I thought he was one of the few given the boot here.

Your memory is good Krusty. I had forgotten about Cobb... Another great choice LOL.

Vic, not to change the topic 180 degress, but are you going after one of those "cowes" bucks this year? I read some Jack O'C. stuff recently and about hunting Sonora and I have always found those little whitetails interesting.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 12:29 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
Craig Hamilton = Summers Eve

--------------------

onecoyote
Member # 129

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 01:20 PM      Profile for onecoyote           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the Shade Tree the Predator Posse along with a few others.
Don't remember how many years I've been doing this but I'm not an old fart yet lol.
The first Predator hunting forum I went to was the California site, I was told that was the first one on the internet? The Shade tree was a close second, does anyone know the facts on that?
Probably nobody cares but I'll say it anyways. Those of you that know of Frank, he is in south Carolina and has a new daughter he takes care of alone.

[ August 17, 2008, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: onecoyote ]

--------------------
Great minds discuss ideas.....Average minds discuss events.....Small minds discuss people.....Eleanor Roosevelt.

Posts: 893 | From: Walker Lake Nevada. | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 01:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, "SPORTING ADVENTURES" may have been the first forum, where I met John Henry and Vic Carlson, for the first time. That was before I knew what a dog pile was! So much hatred. They were mean to me!

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 01:50 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard is correct I believe, the only two I can recall online were Sporting Adventures,adnone called the Coffee Shop, they were ahead of any of the boards mentioned thus far.
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 02:56 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, the point that surprises me about HM is that no one has figured out that this place is really the one in bed with FoxPro. Me, Dave, Rich, Vic, and several others that pretty much run this place are all FoxPro users. After the bashing that the Minaska/WT guys gave you at the monster house I can't believe that you haven't come clean and told them all the truth! [Wink]

One other thing that some of you fail to realize is that if you take a company that sold tens of thousands of units last year (I know the real number, but am not at liberty to say) verses a couple other companies whos sales were in the hundreds there are bound to be more supporters of the brand with the most callers out there. Do the math. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 03:08 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
"Me, Dave, Rich, Vic, and several others that pretty much run this place are all FoxPro users."

Wow

--------------------

MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 03:19 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
Where in the hell is Mac Davis and his geetar when ya need him

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
when you're perfect in every way.
I can't wait to look in the mirror
cause I get better loking each day.
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man.
Oh Lord it's hard to be humble
but I'm doing the best that I can.
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 04:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? I had forgotten the Coffee Shop? I used to contribute, I know JH did, but I don't remember Vic, but that was certainly pre CG days, so maybe they weren't joined at the hip, at the time?

Vic, I didn't do anything to your account, but let me know what the problem is and we will figure it out.

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 04:06 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Jesus was perfect, they crucified him.

Hitler had millions of followers, we killed most of them.

You get the drift.

IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 05:24 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch! musta hit a nerve. I was just making a joke with Leonard about his board (note smiley face and wink). I haven't had any say so with anyones board ever. But since the conspiracy theories are running rampant I thought it might be funny. Hell, it is funny! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
MULE
Member # 63

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 05:57 PM      Profile for MULE           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal,

I was just joking around. I knew you were joking around as well

Just being my usual sarcastic self [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters