The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Predator forum   » All in a row

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All in a row
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 02:04 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
Made a stand and howled and got 3 coyotes to answer about a half mile from us. Geordie could see one and he started our way, but gave up. Returned to the truck and drove a little closer.

Got out and started our approach. We were entering what some refer to as a CORE area, we just call it living room. As we neared where we wanted to make a stand, Geordie drifted downwind. Read that game hog. Anyways we chose one spot and communicated with hand signals that it was no good so we crept closer. Then picked a spot we both liked.

One howl followed by some pup distress and two minutes later I hear a shot. Back on pup and about 5 minutes later another shot. So I repeat and wait for about 4 more minutes and hear another shot. After a while I see a coyote angling towards us. Also at the same time, Geordie gives me two sour notes on the call which usually indicates he is done, but for all I knew he was out of bullets. Anyways I take a long shot at the coyote because I know Geordie is going to be standing up. Miss. Geordie sits back down and I get on the pup distress and the coyote circles the point of the ridge and comes right on in to die too.

Four on one stand was a first for me. Geordie held one up because it was behind a yucca and the other three are laying all in a row right where HE shot them.

-

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted October 28, 2010 02:55 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew there had to be a reason why you hunt with that Okie.

Hey, I still have your politically incorrect book, wrapped in plastic and stuck in a side pocket, in the truck. Why didn't you remind me? We seniors can be so damned forgetful, you know?

What book?

Good hunting. LB

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31495 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 03:57 PM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like good 'ole Okie fun.
Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
pitw
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3685

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 07:10 PM      Profile for pitw           Edit/Delete Post 
The land scape kinda/sorta looks like some around here but the fauna is as foreign to me as snakes. I like the way you guys got them to lay in a line. Good going.
Posts: 31 | From: Alberta | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Clank
Member # 3687

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 07:47 PM      Profile for Clank           Edit/Delete Post 
That was a good stand congrats
Posts: 45 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted October 28, 2010 09:45 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!

Looks like a fun place to hunt. Enjoy the sun while you can, it's going to be frost on the ground in the morning here!

Nikonut

IP: Logged
pitw
Member # 3685

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2010 10:09 PM      Profile for pitw           Edit/Delete Post 
 -
Posts: 31 | From: Alberta | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
fgf4
unknown comic

Icon 14 posted October 29, 2010 12:45 AM            Edit/Delete Post 
Now I know why I like Illinois!!!! Even with frost on the ground! [Eek!] [Big Grin]
IP: Logged
Clank
Member # 3687

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 04:46 AM      Profile for Clank           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pic of the country i am not ready for the snow yet. You can hold on to it for a little bit longer.
Posts: 45 | From: IL | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
J_hun
Member # 872

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2010 07:07 PM      Profile for J_hun   Author's Homepage   Email J_hun         Edit/Delete Post 
Good story Randy and good shooting. Looks like pretty good country. Heading to Montana next Fri. for a week of calling. Looking forward to it.
Posts: 141 | From: Pierre,S.D. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2010 02:26 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Shaw what were they age wise and order wise an older one first, if I had to guess I usually see an older female taken early and then the rest of the clan?

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
R.Shaw
Peanut Butter Man, da da da da DAH!
Member # 73

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2010 03:21 PM      Profile for R.Shaw           Edit/Delete Post 
RR

1. Adult male

2. Adult female or female pup

3. Adult female or female pup

4. Male pup

Unsure about the 2 and 3 couldn't really tell too close together.

I did apply your advise. Thanks

Randy

Posts: 545 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2010 05:32 PM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
#2 was mature female, #3 was yoy female

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2010 06:22 PM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job guys!!

What a team!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
jimanaz
2nd Place RICHARD FARNSWORTH LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3689

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2010 08:41 AM      Profile for jimanaz           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to see you guys found some mischief to get into on the way home.
Posts: 940 | From: AZ | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lungbuster
Member # 630

Icon 1 posted October 31, 2010 11:14 AM      Profile for Lungbuster           Edit/Delete Post 
Cool story, thanks.

it never works out for me that way....

Posts: 225 | From: Idaho | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Patterson
19.6 miles down the Yellow Brick Road from THE EMERALD CITY
Member # 3304

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2010 08:18 AM      Profile for Patterson   Email Patterson         Edit/Delete Post 
I love pictures. Thank you for sharing. Awesome story and STAND management!

Edit:Sorry Leonard, what are the dead critters called....yotes...right?? [Smile]

[ November 04, 2010, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Patterson ]

Posts: 236 | From: Kansas | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 04, 2010 09:24 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe you mean, "stand" management? Set is a trapping term that doesn't apply to calling. No big deal, but.

Good hunting. LB [Smile]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31495 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 6 posted November 04, 2010 12:02 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Good story, good pics and Great Job! Thanks for sharing! [Cool]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted November 05, 2010 05:38 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Way to string 'em out!

And thanks for keeping the Buckethead out of the limelight. Before ya know it, everyone's gonna have one...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Possumal
HONORARY CALLS FORUM MODERATOR edit: AND TOKEN LIBERAL
Member # 823

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2010 03:27 AM      Profile for Possumal   Author's Homepage   Email Possumal         Edit/Delete Post 
Great story and pics. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

Posts: 781 | From: Nicholasville, Ky. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters