The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Holy Crap on a Cracker!! 2.0 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Holy Crap on a Cracker!! 2.0
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2019 05:51 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Finally quit raining here. Wind is light. Wednesday they say snow ? we'll see ?

Goats are still pretty furred up. Might be a late spring ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2019 09:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
YOU TAKE CARE OF THOSE GOATS! Don’t let them sleep in the cold.

Good Hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2019 06:11 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep stacked their house with straw before the storms !! the cows knocked a few boards loose. Will be taken care of tomorrow !!

My goats are well taken care of [Smile]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2019 03:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sitting in the office with my bitches it was supposed to snow last night and didn't they got an awards nite free !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2019 04:39 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Retraction just took the dogs out two inches of white shit !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2019 05:00 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We had storm squalls off and on yesterday afternoon.
Just read the discussion for the weather we have a lull on Tuesday then more chit coming. The trough is going to go farther south which leaves us not in the bullseye but will still get something.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2019 05:04 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Stay warm Earthwalker spring is coming I saw a bee two weeks ago !LOL

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2019 08:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bees? I always await the first spider of spring. And squash it.

We have been hovering in the mid 30's overnight lows and a couple nights last week in the 20's. I look around the yard and see frost damage to some of the more fragile succulents. But, it might be an upswing around here, the worst is over/cross your fingers. Yeah, just checked, all next week mid 30's. That's why, this whole area was citrus groves, they planted the thick skinned Eureka Lemons a hundred years ago and they are still here. You cannot sell lemons in Upland, everybody's got 'em. Coastal lemons are the Meyers, much thinner skin. Fortunately for me, the guy behind me planted 4 Valencia orange trees close to the wall so I can reach all I want. That's the best "juice" orange.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2019 07:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona sweets are the best juice orange lol 30's would be a welcome change Snowed yesterday and again last night sunny today and snow again tonite !
Wtf ? were is spring ? Come home spring come home !

Anybody see my bee ? Gotta go cut some more firewood at least I'm
busy !

As a landscape contractor people would ask where is the best place to plant a lemon tree I would reply in your neighbors yard close to the wall how many lemons do you need !

[ February 17, 2019, 07:33 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2019 12:37 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Tonite came early snowin like a bitch ! gonna bring the bitches in !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2019 04:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not like I didn't warn you it was coming!

I hear you on how many lemons does one need. Reminds me of my father in law. He would come over, go in the back and fill up 3 shopping bags with lemons. He would give them out all over the neighborhood when he got home. Then, when we would occasionally have fish or any other rare reason for wanting a lemon, I'd go out back and needed a ladder in the dark to reach a damned lemon because ol' George already stripped everything he could reach. But, at least his heart was in the right place. The bitch next door has thee lemons in the back and one out front, on the corner. So, these Mexicans mowing lawns across the street came over and were helping themselves to her lemons. And she calls the cops. If you knew her, you would have no trouble believing it. How many can you carry? When they were done, you couldn't notice any difference, the tree was still loaded. But, that doesn't matter to a mean bitch. This whole area of north Upland was developed in lemon groves and they only removed what they had to to build the house. I pulled up three to dig the pool, the guy behind me dug up 8 lemon trees in his back yard.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ February 17, 2019, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2019 04:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago when I had a little truck farm 425 acres in the hills of Chatsworth Ca. I had approx. 40 acres of oranges Talk about OJ lol! Left there shortly after the big Chatsworth fire that took my tack room and guest house it burned all the way to Malibu ! Did not loose any of my critters ! (side note not far from the Manson's )

We got about 4" overnite here in Ash Fork , snow !

[ February 18, 2019, 05:01 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2019 05:04 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife would pick a bag of lemons and juice them and put them in ice cube trays in the freezer pretty clever !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2019 08:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's only sorta clever, everybody knows that one, if(big IF) you know where to find ice cube trays which are disappearing in Thrift Stores faster than Buggy Whips.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS You and Manson, eh? It fits! You and Leo and Helter Skelter. You had a CREW, dint ya? I'm getting the Hebbie Jeebies over here!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2019 01:30 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
You can buy the old steal type tray at Leman's. Pricey but they are out there.

Anyone got an extra ring finger (tip) tried to slice mine off a while ago. It went into the nail, too.
It's throbbing like a SOB.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2019 06:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We have perfect snow !!!
Mount Graham is covered with the stuff and the snow level dropped down to about 500 feet above us last night. Very pretty to look at and it's not in my yard.
Perfect !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2019 07:43 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Go ahead gloat I'll invite you up when your in the teens this summer lol Snowed all day yesterday we have sun on the panels and full batteries today !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 19, 2019 10:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have the same conditions here. Just to the north, on a winding state highway straight up, an 8 mile drive is 13,000 ft Mt Baldy, as everybody knows it, but on the map, it's actually Mount San Antonio. There aren't two many higher mountains in the state and it is blanketed in snow. Not only that, but for good measure, Cucamonga Peak is also covered and as is Crestline and Big bear, of course. I heard the Grapevine was closed a couple days ago? And, from what I can see, Cajon Pass is snowed on all the way to Hesperia. So, we got snow and lots of it. BFD

Daughter just left, 7 1/2 hour drive back to Marin. Nice visit. Pinky loves company, especially if they are girls. Don't ask me how he knows but he knows. It's chilly outside, (I'm not kidding) here it is, 10:15AM and the temperature right here is 35* That's unusual, folks.

I thought spring was commencing but not quite yet. This GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE stuff is the real thing!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 19, 2019 02:58 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Love Mt. San Antonio and the gondola !
Edit to say I think is San Gregornio !

[ February 20, 2019, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2019 03:51 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday we had fog that froze to anything it touch, it was like a thin sheet of ice all over everything, the high was in the high 20s. We got alittle snow Tuesday, high in the low 30s,Wednesday got up to 50. Sunday will be in the 60s with a chance of thunder storms. Just one week of weather in Oklahoma.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2019 04:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We received the lovely gift of about 8" overnite that's on top of what we already have holy crap on a cracker !

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2019 07:22 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie;
What, no tornado ????? [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2019 10:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
"lovely gift" means different things to a kid growing up enduring a Minnesota winter. By the time Halloween was past, snow was there and all it's variations; slush, crunchy, icy, deep and dirty. Shoveling sidewalks and piling it up, sprinkling sand and salt so you don't get sued when some old fart slips and falls. Now they even have heat trace under the driveways; imagine that?

Then we wait patiently until the spring thaw when all the frozen dog shit was uncovered. Snow is something I prefer driving into and out of, thank you very much!

Can you imagine how they measure the snow mass up at Truckee Pass? Most years it's more than 600 inches accumulated and the spring runoff provides all, (or most) of the water for LA. Amazing what a little engineering can do. Then, there's those 10,000 lakes where I come from, no engineering involved.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2019 01:54 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Northern AZ boys sounds like this weekend is the end to all ends for you guys. Saying a good amount of snow headed your way.
We're in a lull today and tomorrow. Sunny out and nice today. Lite breeze which has a nice chill to it but things are dripping and puddling.
Gonna kill that damn ground hog!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2019 02:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is not normal for southern California. My local forecast right now is for SNOW, right here in Upland later this afternoon, then below freezing tonight. We haven't had snow in this town for at least (what?) 3 years or so. There you go! What more proof do you need of GLOBAL WARMING/CLIMATE CHANGE?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ February 21, 2019, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters