The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Snow (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Snow
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 09:35 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Plowed snow yesterday then finished plowing this morning.
Mainly plowed out the neighbors.
Got to keep on the good side of the mayor(he thinks he is). Nice enough guy but wouldn't like to piss him off too much.
Other neighbors they don't have any equipment so go plow them out and he turns water on for us when we can't get here.

Spitting snow out there now almost looks like rain but not at 20*.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 11:56 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Went out fishing again today in my t-shirt. Weather is great here. At The Moment. Give it another couple months and I bet I will be wishing I was back in the high desert of Nevada.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 621 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 12:07 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
We got about 10 inches last day and a half. Been digging out all morning. Least it’s powder and not to heavy and wet....supposed to get cold now for a few days.
Posts: 1552 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 12:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of cold, I was surprised when I got up this morning and it was 43 degrees! I don't know what it got down to but the forecast tonight is 27 overnight low! That's by far the coldest it's been here all winter. The rest of the week, looks like hovering around freezing?

You know, Mt Baldy is about 8 miles north of here and it's around 13,000 ft and the lifts are running, so I know snow. WE haven't been snowed on here at the house in quite a few years, but it could happen. We are about 1650 ft. elevation.

Looks like 18* in Ash fork tonight. 50* here, right now.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31280 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 01:03 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey El Bee;
Do they still allow those smudge pots in the orchards of politically correct Calif. when the temps drop ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7492 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 04:37 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
They've almost quit using them in the Valley of Plenty (Emmett) but they've just about pulled all the orchards out of there compared to 40 years ago.
Over on Sunny Slope they are using the wind towers now.

Suppose to go -6 tonight. But they also said it wasn't suppose to get above 23* too. We hit 36*

Suppose to have major wind and -20 or better wind chill just to our south by morning. Don't tell the wind it's not suppose to come over the pass.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 05:30 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Idaho is like last year. Decent Dec-Jan & winter in Feb ? Windy as shit right now & cold upper 20's & stiff wind. Brrrr...

Supposed to get snow over the weekend ? We shall see.

(edit) don't get me started on Emmett: Earthwalker !!

[ February 06, 2019, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2019 06:59 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
It was -34 F last Friday, freezing rain on Monday with 1/2" of ice and a winter storm warning Thursday with a foot of snow in the forecast. Friday the cold settles in ...again.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 03:45 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Still going here.Now over deck in places and slowly creeping up the side of our house.
Never good when you get 'multiple warnings in effect' from the weather Bureau.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=45.50025000000005&lon=-97.49246999999997#.XFwZUrh7nwt

Another 1996 when we snowshoed over farm houses chasing fox????

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 04:40 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
What's wrong with Emmett? Been around that area for 51 years.

-1 with 2 mph wind. Didn't know a dog could survive wrapped around a wood stove that tight. He has a great dog house but he is short haired with out much under fur. Black Mouth cur dog.

If he sleeps inside he keeps one of us up most of the night stoking the wood stove.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard we dropped to 13* last night now its up to a balmy 18* at 7:41 A.M. I brought the dogs in last night now my office stinks ! My wife wont let me leave them out in the teens she s such a softy ! they could not wait to go out this A.M. at 13* big wooly Airedales they could live in the freezer !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 08:25 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody's different but I have no problem with my dog in the house. In the first place, they don't stink. I think they probably stink when they spend all their time outdoors. My Redbone used to sleep on the bed with us, a California King and she took up the whole lower half. A very clean dog, she was, but a bed hog!

Everybody's different, but Airedales? All I think about is John Henry and his ill mannered, misbehaved mutts. No offense! If I ever get another dog, it will be a hound.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 06:10 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, a big hell yes on a house dog. This guy is also a big bed hog. He sure makes himself comfortable.

-

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 06:28 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, if my dog gets muddled up, when we get home he literally runs directly to the bathroom and jumps into the tub, without any prodding! Then, starts barking if I take too long to get the shower running...darndest thing ya ever seen!
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 04:01 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
IF they haven't hyped this storm up it is sounding like winter has finally arrived.

Bed your dog in grass type hay and they'll smell good all the time. Less fleas too. Straw is hollow and fleas can live in it, plus other bugs.

Our dog is in all day usually in the winter. He'll go out as long as you go out until he gets cold. Just to bad he came with a short hair coat.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 04:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sitting in the office with my bitches a real love fest they maul me till I bleed then we cam get on with what's next. Leo Airedales are terriers they are very active and have a short attention span they get bored quickly but you cant beat them in the field ! Not a good house dog when I bring them in it takes about forty minutes for any kind if peace they run to my wife to get petted and then lick her till she shouts I have correction collars on them and they work. I usually only use the vibrate mode but on occasion I must zap them. The licking is uncontrollable but I hesitate to correct it as it is their show of affection and I would not want to stop that !
they can run down a rabbit in short order and have brought me several they think I am God and to me they are proof there is one ! I cant tell you how much I love them they are special !
Oh by the way they emptied the cushion from my chair shit everywhere LOL

[ February 08, 2019, 05:12 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 05:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I do have to be carful with my artificial jaw , they jump for my face and that could be disaster !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 05:45 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have taken them out now stats the barking !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 06:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm 100% in favor of dogs. They are man's best friend. I recognize that some pit bulls don't deserve the reputation of the breed but something's wrong. The shelters are full of pit bulls and they can't give them away. I think a tax on unaltered pit bulls would be a step in the right direction.

Beyond that, dogs are great, kind of sad that they have such a short life, but it is what it is. I don't care for the high strung types, which is why I prefer the hounds that only get excited in pursuit....in theory, anyway. And I love those big floppy ears.

But, I have Pinky. A couple days ago I teased the hell out of him with a feather duster. He defended his aviary. It was funny, but a Moluccan is not a lapdog and not timid, at all. It's kind of amazing that they live upwards of 75 years. I'm taking applications as to who takes over when I croak. He has expensive tastes, prefers cashews to peanuts. That, and the fact that when the old fart "safe cracker" was here, I had Pinky in a cage outside because the safe is in the aviary. After a bit, he asked about that dog that kept barking. That's a talent that Pinky learned from Karen's weinerdog. It was funny as hell to watch both of them barking at kids walking by, and the kids would turn around and walk back just to get a replay. Karen was always afraid that Pinky would/could hurt her dog, not the other way around. With a dog, you throw them a bone. With Pinky, I give him an old channel changer to take apart. Keeps him busy for hours, down to the last spring.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 09:21 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Dogs are the only way to go. I hate cats! Well unless I have the crosshairs of my 22-250 on a big ol' bobcat. I have three dogs and all of them are house pets. I agree will L.B. when he says pit bulls got a bad wrap. Its the owner 90% of time...
If one was to ask my wife, she would tell you in a heart beat I would pick my dogs of 99% of humanity. I will say if one wants a smart, high energy, fearless type of dog I would suggest a Catahoula. Wouldn't trade my catahoula for a million bucks. She is the youngest out of the pack and is the alpha. Didn't take long for her to establish who gonna run the show. Its funny to watch my German Shepard try to be dominate only to be dominated by a dog half his size. Good times-tex

Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 10:30 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad and his buds were houndsmen and I was raised right along with the 10-15 hounds we always had at any time. Geezus they were a handful. I shoveled shit and slung dogfood till I couldnt see straight. I love hounds and everything about hound hunting.

But...I like cats! Theyre funny as hell and a good study for bobcat huntin'. Cats have a ton of weird habits and curiosity really does kill the cat. I can only take 5 cats here in Kali and Ive shot 3 this winter, all over cat vocals, 1 on an enclosed reed and a diaphragm doing said vocals.

Anyways, if Pinky learns to repair Jeeps or build handcalls, let me know, I might have a room for him.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 11:12 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Emmett. Sorry kind of an inside joke regarding some of the oddball's we get from over there. It's the old farm equipment capital !!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 12:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I asked him and he said he would give it a try, but no checks! Salted, whole cashews!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 01:14 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a tri color Walker hound I lived on 275 acres in the hills of Chatsworth Calif . ole blue little bastard could not stay home I was constantly getting phone calls that he she or it had my beautiful hound One day a guy called telling me about my wonderful hound And I said do you really like him ,he's yours ! and that was the end of ole blue ! was a beauty but I must have spent a thousand dollars on fuel retrieving him !

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 05:48 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tex, y'all mind me asking what a "Catahoula" is ?

Internet says it's a Leopard Dog ?

Many around here have cattle dogs they call "Catahoula's " Hell my dog is supposed to be Aussie Shepard-Catahoula mix ?

She looks like a long haired Aussie to me ?

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters