The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Paul's early gear

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paul's early gear
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 25, 2019 11:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/treasure-trove-of-indian-motorcycles-fo und-in-scrapyard-worth-a-small-fortune

edit: PS The first bike I ever owned was an Indian.

[ January 25, 2019, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31343 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2019 12:45 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
NICE !
Thank God you didn't say Harley that's a real piece of shit ! I know its American made but so is Zippo you know the one that leaves a red spot on your leg ! Indians were great bikes ! Been sold and passed around a bit but still make a bike superior to Harley , fit and finish second to none if you are into cruisers ! I was always a performance guy and no body but no body does it better than the spaghetti guys ! Ducati twins are the very best of the best. My 998 was my last Duck I still miss it ! Nothing like dragging a knee at 130 through a sweeper!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 25, 2019 01:15 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what? It's almost blasphemy in some quarters, to say anything against Harley. Even the BMW shaft drives will run circles around Harley/Davidson. Whatever, if you like 'em, good for you but I think it's a Macho status thing. I think I might take a Kawasaki or a Suzuki, myself? There's a reason why Harley has so many mechanics employed. They always break!

hen I was a kid, in Minnesota, the Lady across the street, Mrs Ramsey, her son was almost never there. He was always on the road to California and back in a beautiful maroon Indian. Damn, that was a classic! Actually, my bike was the same color. None of the other kids liked it,(group think) they all had their Schwin Roadmasters. These kids all grew up to be Liberals.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31343 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 26, 2019 06:35 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been riding Harleys since the early '70's. The older bikes broke down a lot and left oil slicks everywhere you parked. The newer bikes are a lot more reliable but way, way over priced for what you get. Harleys were, and are, required gear if you get involved in the MC world. The hard core biker types kept that company a float in the early days.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 405 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters