The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Happy Holidays (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Happy Holidays
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2018 02:35 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I know everyone is heading out or having folk coming in.
Have a safe good week to come.

Nothing special going on here. Still hunting for elk and no turkey in the oven this year.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1098 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2018 04:00 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Merry Christmas to everybody and Happy New Year.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1550 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2018 04:19 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted December 22, 2018 06:56 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year to all from the frozen Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2018 05:36 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all and a happy New Year coming to you from Oklahoma!
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2018 06:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and a healthy , happy and prosperous New Year !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2018 08:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Merry Christmas from Tiny Tim and all the Cratchet's, ya filthy animals! I never understood how a mother could get on an airplane and forget her little boy, but that's part of the "suspended belief" of movies. It's become a holiday classic as much as It's a Wonderful Life. Well, almost.

PS has that kid grown up to be creepy looking, or what?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31258 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2018 03:05 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, it was all down hill, after that movie...

Merry Christmas, all!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2018 03:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Holidays !!!
Everything from the Winter Solstice to the New Years !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 23, 2018 04:22 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas, Ho Ho Ho!!!

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 06:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leaving the peace and beauty of the forest going to the pit of despair to visit with the kids will return Wed. A.M. I absolutely hate the city ! But its Christmas ! Have a Merry Christmas and what ever you celebrate KOKO you heathen ! LOL

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 07:16 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Heathen, indeed. I'm a Neo-Pagan Druid.
[Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7476 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 07:16 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Posts: 190 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 08:44 AM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas to all!

Thanks Leonard for giving us a place to shoot the shit!

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 09:20 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas everyone.
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 11:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Agree. Merry Christmas, again! And to you, ko ko.
Ha Ha you misspelled "Neo-Pagan Dude"!

Good hunting. El Bee

PS no emails please. I know what I'm doing.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 02:41 PM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Lmao LB! Not too many neo-pagan druids around my part of the world.
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2018 03:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, most of us Druid Dudes are out west not back east.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Hope that Santa brings everybody what they want for Xmas. Me …………….. I'm hoping for a jackhammer.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2018 12:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
People usually just rent those, ko ko. Or are you coming out of retirement? You don’t have the belly for controlling those things.

About a week ago, I slept in after being up late. Just reading, don’t get excited. Anyway, I hear this racket and laid there listening. First of all, I determined direction, definitely from the east. Then, since it is very common that gardeners climb palm trees with a chair saw, I thought that might be what it was. But, no not quite right. After more than five minutes, laying there and curious, it came to me: somebody is tearing up the street east of me because that’s what is east of me, Aster street. So I got up and looked out front and sure as hell, all blocked off with vehicles and cones, the city was digging up the street. How did I know it was the city? Simple, it started at exactly 8 A.M. there is a strict noise policy in this town that only the city abides by. Gardeners and contractors generally ignore it so it had to be the city. Ain’t that wonderful, only 5 minutes and I knew exactly what woke me up without getting up!
PS it was a plumbing repair of a leaking fire hydrant, but I don’t know how they knew it, no surface water leaking, must have been instruments or listening devices?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2018 07:04 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm only semi-retired.
Santa came thru and brought the jackhammer !!!! A svelte little 110 electric model. The Rental place was charging almost as much rental as the purchase price on Ebay.
My property is fence to fence caliche. Think rock that's half way between sandstone and granite. If I want to dig a hole for a post or a plant, it involved a couple of days of chopping with a 35 pound ice spud.

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2018 08:21 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I know all about caliche and then some.
Amazing what some little extra new tool will help out with projects.
Our other place on the west side is beautiful dark soil.
On the east side the Rocky Mountains start.
Took 8 hours one day to dig 4 post holes.

We received more snow over night might have inch or so now, plus the ice underneath it from the other snow.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1098 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2018 09:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I also think I know what that stuff is like? We had it in La Puente only we called it ....something else; it will come to me in a minute. Anyway, digging a hole was an all day project.

Adobe? That's not quite right either but I remember over in Diamond Bar especially, they had terrible problems with steel pipe n the ground, only copper and transit would hold up, very corrosive.

But whatever it was, I had to chip it out with the blade of a shovel, there was zero actual digging involved, just scooping up the chips. Back in Minnesota, I could dig up earthworms anywhere I stuck a fork in the ground. I can't imagine sticking a fork in that "soil" we had in La Puente.

Of course, here in Upland, I was talking to a friend that already lived here and he said, "buy a pick." I didn't get it until I tried a little digging. This ground is so rocky that sometimes you just have to give up and put a plant where you can, rather than where you wanted it. Boulders is a more accurate term and I still have that pick but it's about 3-4" shorter than when new. Oh, and I know what a digging bar is and it has seen a lot of work around here, too. I didn't know it weighed 35 pounds but that does seem about right.

shale?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2018 11:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
When I first moved here, I was surprised at the 'deal' I got on a post hole digger at a yard sale.
If anybody wants it I'll bring it to the camp-out and they can have it.

Edit 4 spel.

[ December 25, 2018, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2018 01:44 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a T-Post driver that's no good to me, too.
Anybody wants it ……………..

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 25, 2018 02:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WIMP !

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters