The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Rigor Rabbit/CAMPOUT INFORMATION (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Rigor Rabbit/CAMPOUT INFORMATION
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2018 02:31 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Perfect !!!! Wood will be great !!!
Thanx.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2018 07:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's time to get specific, ko ko.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2018 04:38 AM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know if there is anything I can help with Richard. I plan on making it out there for a night or two. Might sleep in my own bed though, where you wanna camp its only 15 minutes south of me. Hopefully there are still some callable coyotes around, with the southern az two weeks ago and worlds this weekend I’m sure all the dumb ones are dead.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2018 06:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll get down there in the next day or two and decide if we're better off East or West of the Hwy.

Question; How do we want to handle the directions to location ???
We've done the secret handshake & password route in the past.
Or El Bee could email specific directions to interested parties.
Or we could just post directions here.

Ariel, Thanx for the offer !! If I think of anything I'll let you know but this is pretty much 'come and camp for a couple of days & bring what you need'.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2018 09:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? I could go either way on directions. The main highway and turnoffs may be published, and the exact X marks the spot could be sent to interested folks via email. Or, I'm open for suggestions.

Of course, reading the latest info from Senior Perez, there might be scarce or slim pickings; however we are experts, right? And, the main thing is the "meet and greet" aspect.

Now, as far as what to expect. Do not expect any organized welcoming committee and door prizes and scheduled speakers and seminars. I think it will be very casual, not much hard hunting, save that for the next time. As far as celebrities, I think Vic has mentioned he might drop by, and that's worth the price of admission right there. I will have a table for autographs, and reasonable. I'm just kidding. Just expect a friendly group, a little hunting and a lot of conversation. Pretty much, everybody will have to provide their own grub, unless someone wants to share. I brought spaghetti one year and I think it went over well, but that's up to our members to do as much or as little as they can manage.

So, let's see what happens. I think putting a face to the name is the main thing. My wife had a online group that had a Ronde up in Reno one year at a restaurant, a few pictures and fun. I guess it's what you make of it?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2018 01:55 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
There are still plenty left to be killed, majority of the dumb ones have been killed I imagine. Like you said though your the expert so I’m sure you can coax one out for a shot. Night hunting will be open in unit 31 and 32 so if anybody is interested in that don’t forget your night hunting gear.

I’m not expecting anything fancy, I just like to bs, shoot coyotes and drink a few cerveza‘s.

--------------------
AP

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2018 08:54 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking forward to this campout/get together. Looking at taking off the 4th of Jan after work to make the 10 1/2 hour drive. hopefully I will be in arizona early Friday morning. I have a few questions for the locals. Where would be the easiest place to buy my hunting licenses there in Wilcox? Is there a wally world or sporting good store handy? Also, I am not gonna try driving my 89 jeep that far so I will be in my two wheel drive duramax. So getting out hunting may be hard for me... Is anyone bring atvs for hunting? I was debating on bring my Dirt bike for transportation between stands.
And HELL YES to the night hunting! I am very interested in night hunting.

Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2018 10:23 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If you can get your license on-line thru Az. Game & Fish it might be easier.
Otherwise the Wally World in Scenic Safford would be the closest.
I hunt out of a pick-up and rarely need four wheel drive. A lot of decent dirt roads go thru good calling areas. Ariel's already killed all of the coyotes but they're still nice areas.
BTW; We tend to regard people from "The-Great-State-of-Texas" (pronounced as one word) as you guys from Back East. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Looking forward to meeting you !!!!

--------------------

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2018 11:02 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for the info koko. I will go the online route. Sounds easier. I lived in Phoenix for a few years so I know a little about desert life. Rode lots of miles out in the surrounding areas in the valley of the sun. Never made it to the southeast part of your state. Looking forward to seeing your part of the world.
Ya make me smile calling me a person from back east. Good one!

Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2018 02:22 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2018 12:10 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard are you coming to the camp out??

--------------------
AP

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 08, 2018 09:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm planning on it. I want to. I think I'm up to it. I might have to pack some medication in ice. We will see how it turns out.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2018 08:01 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, the gas line two track to our regular spot is gated & locked so I found a pretty fair spot on the East side of the Highway.
I sent Leonard the directions so if anybody needs them he should be able to forward the email to you.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it be interesting to know who locked that gate and the justification for it?

Another thing. I can forward these directions which are in word form but I think it might be helpful if either me or ko ko included our cell phone number to help someone that's lost.

Service is, or was spotty in that area, by the way.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted December 10, 2018 07:47 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
That's all state land there too, curious how it is legally locked? One would think it could be legally "unlocked" with a good pair of bolt cutters?
It pisses me off that the G&F, State or BLM doesn't take some steps to rectify this growing problem of locking off State land because further in is deeded land, fence the deeded land and lock it, but our State lands should be accessible to the taxpayers....it's our land, the rancher is just renting the grass from us.

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 03:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I feel pretty strongly that if a rancher uses deeded land to block access to public land they should be denied grazing permits.
At one time Klump Ranch had the two track East of the Hwy posted at the cattle guard.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 09:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I completely agree! Some asshole running cows on BLM or state land feels justified to throw a lock on it because somebody left a gate open.

Pat and I used to hunt very long stretches of Nevada and after driving 50 miles in the dirt and an empty gas tank, we would come on a locked gate! Turning around isn’t an option. So out of courtesy, we would cut the friggin’ chain instead of his fancy lock.

When you are right, I’m not afraid to neutralize access denial.

Good hunting LB

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 12:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Many times, we would cut the closest link on the chain, pass through and then wrap it up to make it look like it was still locked. I can't tell you how many times some asshole would lock a damned gate within a 100 feet of the highway! His intent was to discourage those on the paved road from getting into open desert but when you are on the other side, something has to be done.

I had a friend, passed away but I completely believe what he said. This fella had a little station in the middle of nowhere and on a rather well traveled graded road. As the driver got out to open the gate that wasn't even locked, this guy stood in his doorway with a gun and said there was no trespassing through that gate, which had been open for years. My friend stood up in the back and also had a gun and said; "we are going through that gate." And they did. All BLM land for miles around, I knew the place and had been by there several dozen times, myself. It gets pretty desperate up there with gas so far between and what makes it worse, you had to know which ones were open at night or on Sundays. Lots of times I have waited til morning, and a few times had the deputy go get the owner. You learn, it's on the job training. This is why my buddy built his camper shell on his new truck sitting on top of a 90 gallon extra gas tank the length and width of the bed, but only 5" deep, with several baffles for inclines and a tep front and back. I've never seen problems like this anywhere besides Nevada. Makes for a long walk, and bring the damned bolt cutters!

I've no interest in trespassing on private property, but this is different.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 12:37 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
I just ran into the locked gate problem on some State Trust land that I have previously killed some coyotes on. I call the Az Game and Fish in Tucson and was directed to Arizona State Land Department whom I called (602 542-4631). I was informed that if the land was leased, the rancher as lessee could legally lock the gate. By accessing Azland.gov and opening the parcel viewer, the person leasing the land is listed. No contact info just some info on the land i.e.. acreage , legal description. I am trying to find out if you can legally access the leased land on foot. I have encountered access problems on trust land surrounded by posted deeded land, that sucks to! I guess I will contact my state representative and see what kind of BS they have to offer.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 12:44 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if you are on Facebook...you can join the Arizona Sportsman Open Access to State and Federal Land page.
Its newer, but some good info on there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1217527875071120/

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 12:45 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
How much is it to lease AZ land? Maybe we should get together and lease it all up?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 05:23 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I know Vic knows the orchard north Wilcox. On my last trip there in November The two track off the blacktop is now posted by the pivots, and the gate to state trust land is locked. Ran into the game warder there and he checked my license, while guys on the state trust ground told us we were trespassing.

Noticed a bunch of state trust ground gates are locked, even on the old devils highway.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2018 05:37 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
OH well, I just noticed the dates again, I planned on getting there the week before the MLK holiday. Looks like I'll miss this one.

[ December 11, 2018, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: DanS ]

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2018 04:46 AM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan S that’s the lazy S ranch, I have been lucky enough to be on good terms with Eddie and I have a key to all his locks but it’s still crazy how he gets away with locking up all that land.

I was just there a few weeks ago and he was talking about somebody from out of state that was trying to get on the leased land and dealing with game and fish. I assume it was you, Eddie isn’t that bad of a guy and as long as people go talk to him and not sneak on he will usually give you access. But he is still in the wrong for locking all that shit up in my opinion, I think this is his second or third year locking all the gates.

--------------------
AP

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2018 05:36 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been out of town helping my grandson harvest a late season bull elk.

On election night McSally was the clear winner. A day or two later after counting all of the provisional ballots that slime commie bitch won. I fear for my states future.

Wish I could join you guys.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters