The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Good reading.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good reading.
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 09:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just finished reading 'Super Slam' by Chuck Adams.
Very good reading. Chuck Adams is a bowhunter but the book focuses more on the hunt and the animals than the archery equipment.
I got my copy off of eBay. Don't remember the cost but it wasn't too much. Even better, put it on your Xmas list and let somebody else buy it for you.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 01:45 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll have to check that out! I always liked reading his column in HUNTING magazine.

Another good site for used books is www.alibris.com. I have bought a lot of books there for as little as .99.

Rick Jamison has a good book on coyote hunting if you haven't read that one.

My list of books to read and find includes Major Boddiker's book on coyotes, and a book by a guy named Frank Glaser called 'Alaska's Wolf Man'...Glaser trapped wolves for 40 years in the Alaska.

Been reading about a book a week for the last 2 years!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 01:50 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Have Alaska's Wolf Man a very good read.
Have most of Boddikers books.
There is some others out of Alaska written by Natives. Can't think of the name of the books right now.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 02:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Adams also has one out called 'Life At Full Draw'.
That one's next.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 06:10 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I never knew Major Boddicker wrote a book on coyotes. A few years back I heard that he had written some articles on mountain lions so I looked him up, gave him a call, had a great visit, and he sent me copies of those articles!!

We talked a lot about coyote hunting and articles he has written, but he never even mentioned a book. That figures. He was extremely humble but extremely smart to

It seems like he made it to one of the campouts for a night or 2 many moons ago??

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 06:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LocoDude;
If you can find a copy, the title is Crit'R-Calling with the Major.
Much like the Major, it's pretty down to earth.

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2018 08:35 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
"American Buffalo" by Steven Rinella. I don't know why, but I've always had an interest in buffalo and why they were once the most prolific large animal on the North American continent.

Rinella goes into the history and shares his own hunt for a wild buff in Alaska.

Another vote for "Alaska's Wolf Man"

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2018 01:24 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Got to hunt with Major Boddiker at one of the Huntmasters campouts felt like such a rookie ! He insisted I do the calling !He was unassuming and a fine and humble man with accomplishments I could not imagine!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2018 09:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Major is a good guy! No JohnHenry prima donna, he's very, I don't know? Normal? He sure doesn't act like a know it all. Very approachable, too.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters