The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Roy Clark

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roy Clark
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2018 02:07 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
dies at 85 due to complications with pneumonia.

Had a distant cousin who could play guitar like Chet and Roy rolled into one. played by ear and an old black gentle man taught him when he was young. One time my cousin was asked to play with Roy Clark in Kansas City Mo but he wouldn't do it. He didn't want the fame or the trouble that would come from it.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2018 03:41 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just heard it on the news.
Always admired his talent and the fact that he could laugh at himself while having a good time.
Hee-Haw was a great classic never to be equaled.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7494 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2018 06:17 AM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
One of my favorite albums of his I bought in the 70's was called 'Superpicker'...had him on the front cover in a Superman outfit.

All instrumental album...what a great talent!

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2018 09:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Super picker, eh?

You know, I saw Deliverance a couple weeks ago. What a great movie, and great lines! "Squeal like a pig". My buddy Vic, (not that one) had heard enough about that scene that he swore he would never watch the movie. I've told him he is missing out, but he's stubborn.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the guitar/banjo duet! That was terrific! I always wondered about the kid. Was he retarded? (currently a bad word) Or, was he a normal kid, with makeup, acting like a typical inbred?

But Vic, see the movie! Dammit! (not that Vic)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31286 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2018 09:45 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I watched in as well a couple weeks ago. It is one of those movies that cannot be duplicated imo. With all the remakes out of Hollywood in recent years, Ive always wondered why they have not tackled that one, and after really looking at it...there is no way. Just like Jeremiah Johnson...no way you could remake that and be any good. One remake everyone raved about was True Grit a few years ago..I thought it sucked personally. basically a guy mumbling thru an entire movie.

Anyways, Leonard if you google that banjo kid, its mildly interesting. He could not play the banjo btw.
Mark

Edit...being a traditional archery guy, I always check out the Bear recurves in Deliverence. Pretty cool. Couple years ago a guy on a archery forum posted a pic of them...the actual ones used in the movie..he had bought them years ago for his collection. Kinda neat.

[ November 16, 2018, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 06:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
One of my nephews produced the remake of true grit
I enjoyed it to some degree but nobody but nobody replaces John Wayne . Certainly not Jeff Bridges. By the way this is the same nephew that I wrote about in the Kali. fires post that saved his brothers house !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 06:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If it had strings Roy could cook it !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 06:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Question: Has there ever been a remake worthwhile, or better than the original? I don't know why Hollywood keeps recycling good movies with mediocre remakes?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS well, I guess there was an original The Wizard of Oz in the early 30's? I'm guessing the 1939 version must have been superior since I had never heard of the original before a few days ago?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31286 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 02:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, I had to ponder long and hard for this one;
Dracula Untold w/ Luke Evans.
Critics hated it...… audiences loved it.
Other than that one, I'm drawing a blank.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7494 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2018 03:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leo the answer to your question is cubic dollars !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2018 08:34 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...………. Leonard asked when has Hollywood done a remake that was any good ???

Let the land rejoice !!!
Last night I watched "The Man From U.N.C.L.E."
Movie version of the old classic t.v. series.
Gotta say that I thoroughly enjoyed it. They done good !!!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters