The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Charlie Daniels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Charlie Daniels
booger
TOO BIG TO FAIL
Member # 3602

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 12:42 PM      Profile for booger   Email booger         Edit/Delete Post 
The wife and had the pleasure to spend 5 days in Branson, MO last week. One of the shows we saw was 'Ol Mr. Daniels.

Man, that guy is 82 years old, and still is 'sawin' on a fiddle and playin' it hot!' in the immortal lyrics of 'The Devil went down to Georgia'!

He played for 90 minutes and only took one small break.

We were in the 10th row in front of the right bank of speakers, and at the end of the show, the wife and I looked like the guy in the speaker ad where he is sitting in front of the speaker with his hair blown back...just guess that shows my age, but his show was awesome!

[ November 13, 2018, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: booger ]

--------------------
If we ever forget we are one Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under--Ronald Reagan

Posts: 911 | From: Bob Dole Country | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 01:06 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have enjoyed some huge stars in small venues nothing like it !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 03:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I once saw a "tribute" Charlie Daniels in Laughlin, a few years ago. He was pretty damned good, I can only imagine what the real McCoy would be like.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted November 15, 2018 04:33 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Many years ago up in Lake Tahoe we were remodeling the theater/stage at Harrahs and Charlie Daniels was to open, We spent a week listening to him and his band practice for the opening. Was pretty cool. We got to watch and chat during lunch etc. Good show. Glad he is still around.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 08:41 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Charlie Daniels is a national treasure.

If any get a chance - attend one of his annual Volunteer Jams in Nashville.

They have been going on for over 40 years. Most remarkable is the fact that in his younger days Charlie was on stage from early evening to the wee hours of the morning, regardless of the current act or style of music.
Charlie and guitar player Tommy Crain and keyboardist Taz (can't remember his real name, and I hate that). Both awesome musicians who met untimely ends.

Posts: 646 | From: Midwest | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 11:37 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Good ole JoeF from back east! I just checked and you haven't posted in 3 years! Must be out on parole? Good to see you checking in.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Your email address cracks me up, BTW.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 01:12 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Been a busy few years, new job and all.

A lot like prison - 13 12 hour days on, one off for a couple of years. Ain't worth it.

Had a few minutes today and thought I'd check in and see if everyone was still kicking.

The music related posts caught my eye. That, and the one about the demise of Huntmasters. Real hard to keep my mouth shut on that one!

I hope that all is well with everyone - I've lost track. No time to hunt, etc.... so I haven't been keeping up with the(se) board(s).

All my light batteries have gone bad, etc...

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 01:15 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. - I should get bonus points for remembering my password!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2018 01:42 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's in the mail. Look for it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2018 07:45 AM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
No mail. That underscore may be a problem free_bird21@

I was surprised I remembered the password, this is the only place I've ever used it.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2018 08:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was kidding, Joe! You know, like the three biggest lies; black is beautiful, I won't cum in your mouth and the check is in the mail?

By the way, anybody that does forget their password, it is easily recoverable by clicking the my profile button in the upper right. I always tell these guys, if you want help from me and save me scrolling through thousands of applications, there are three things to remember, to find your account. First is member number #. Second is your screen name, and third is the email address you used when you registered. If you had a Yahoo account 5 years ago, and don't remember your password, or that you used a period or a space or a capital letter in your screen name, well guess what? The program can't find your password for you. The single best way to get what you need is the member number but I've only had one guy in the past couple years that actually knew his member number! AR Shaw knew his member number, very impressive!

Okay, useless info, I know.
Good hunting. El Bee
until you need it! I think Loco holds some kind of record for asking for his password, which is practically every time he posts!

[ November 19, 2018, 08:24 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

JoeF
resides "back east"
Member # 228

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2018 05:44 PM      Profile for JoeF   Email JoeF         Edit/Delete Post 
Hah! I was expecting an email something along the lines of "this and a quarter will buy you....."

I just drug a well picked over deer carcass out at a comfortable shooting range. Maybe I'll get lucky and kinda belong.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2018 06:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are a Senior Member, Joe. That title and $4.95 will get you a Starbucks Latte'.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS here I am, up in Marin with the Hot Tubber's. My first taste of $65 "decanted" wine, one I never heard of? Helping with dinner preparations. I made the scalloped corn with Ortega Chiles.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 22, 2018 09:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, here I am, the only one up showered and dressed. I really don't get the relaxed lifestyle up here? It's like somebody said, maybe a sweater but shorts and flipflops. For me the damp chills me, although not raining today and the suns out.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters