The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Native America PBS tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Native America PBS tonight
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 04:02 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
PBS has a show airing tonight called "Native America; From Caves to Cosmos" about the early people and civilizations in north and South America

Don't know if it will be worth a shit or not, but I set the DVR.

DAA's pics of the stuff he see's while roaming the backcountry always sparks some interesting discussion and maybe this show will provide some insights?

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 06:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but did you know the Dodgers are on right now?

edit: and I can't find it?

[ October 23, 2018, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31333 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 02:43 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Was on after my bed time, but I'll try and record it next time.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 06:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Does Tommy Lasorda still wear that uniform that's a size too small ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 08:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess? The last time I saw him was during the celebration in the locker room after beating Milwaukee. He had on a raincoat and hood and goggles and was unrecognizable, except for the voice. The guy is 92, bleeds Dodger blue, give him a break.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 12:27 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For what little I follow any sports, and that's a lotta little, I was always impressed with his 110% involvement in the moment.
Just thought that the guys down at The Men's Warehouse could give him a better 'look'.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2018 06:42 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Boston is pretty dam tough this year Leonard, I’m going for the dodgers but it’s not looking good. Still a lot of baseball to be played but we will see.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 25, 2018 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! That stadium is ridiculous.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2018 07:45 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Stopped watching professional sports when I realized the sanctioning body felt they were more important than that which they sanction from NASCAR to THE MLB ! The France family has cut their own neck with Nascar.! Roger Goodell is the Caitlyn Jenner of the NFL , and so on Nba = thugball

Hockey is still cool !

[ October 26, 2018, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted October 26, 2018 09:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure. Hockey, up and down, down and up, back and up, forth and back....zzzzz.

As frustrating as soccer but with less scoring. I watch maybe 2 games a year.

But, it's all fucked up. Owners, players, everybody involved in professional sports.

No, I'm sorry, Don't want to pick on Hockey or anybody's sports. I'm sure we can all get behind women's beach volleyball, for instance.

However, in my opinion, baseball is the last honest game, it's noble, actually.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2018 09:35 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The last honest game ???...…….. Little League !!!
Kids playing their hearts out and the parents are a gas to watch cheering & groaning.

Pete Rose bets on a football game and is banned for life.
Darryl Strawberry is in & out of a half doz. drug rehab centers, voted into the Hall of Fame and is a role model.
Fuk 'em.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 26, 2018 03:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Throwing the first stone, eh? I didn't mean to imply there have never been any sinners that played baseball. I was speaking of the game, not every player that ever was. That's another thing. People that don't like baseball want to change it. Designated hitter for example. It doesn't change anything, they still hate the game. So, why cater to them? Tell them to watch those guys taking a knee instead. Or the NBA thugs. The fix has been in on basketball for 30 years. It's the spectacle of the dunk, not the fact that the guy driving for a layup has been traveling since half court.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2018 03:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
With the NBA I like the shootouts in the clubs after the game. you wanna see honest sports go to a little league game and Friday nights at your local high school. You wont find any eight dollar beer or five dollar hot dogs ! Just young people doing their best !

edited to add : Womens softball they play hard !

[ October 27, 2018, 03:29 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2018 04:13 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Did you gentlemen watch the game last night?? 18 innings, 7 hours and 20 minutes, holy smokes that was a long game. Can’t beat postseason baseball.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2018 01:12 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Give me Grand Prix motorcycles or a good flat track race any day over all other sports.And yes I really like sprints and midget racing. And can't forget IHBA boats. Just love going fast I suppose.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 624 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2018 07:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Even an exciting knock down drag 'em out Grand Master's Chess game gets the juices flowing!

That and women's beach volleyball. Women's softball is a close second. That and women's MMA.

Let's face it, I like to watch women play at sports. It's harmless enough. But I draw the line at allowing that big Trans guy winning a female bike race, recently. Even Serena Williams said not long ago that she really couldn't compete with men. I think she said she might be in the top 500 but that's it. And, if a gorilla like that can't compete with men, nobody can. (no racist attitude in that remark, NBC)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2018 11:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not to hi-jack a thread that's slightly off topic, but my Granddaughter just sent my wife a photo of her and her boyfriend's Halloween costumes.
He's going as a hard boiled egg.
She's going as a Devil.
Together, they're ………….. A DEVILED EGG !!!!

Not sure where my family gets it's weird sense of humor.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2018 01:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
IT'S PRETTY FREAKIN' OBVIOUS

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2018 03:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you're right...……...they get it from my daughter.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters