The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Pics, just cause (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Pics, just cause
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 02:37 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Why take 'em if nobody is ever going to see them, right?

For no particular reason and in no particular order, all from the last few weeks.

So, this is a timelapse video, camp one night, don't know how to post a youtube vid, but here is the link:

https://youtu.be/QPJMEQmGv4g

And just pics...

-

-

-

-

-

-

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 02:45 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hell, just lost a post, too many pictures.

Later.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 02:56 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That stars in motion segment is AWESOME !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7488 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 04:57 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
omg! a machine gun!

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 05:26 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
With a silencer.

- DAA

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 05:34 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, let me try this again and not get it blown away this time. More...

I had one about just like this back in the day.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

- DAA

--------------------

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2018 06:37 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Fricken' cool!

Ya gotta love this time of year!

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 04:33 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
Great photos!!!!!!!!
Posts: 190 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 04:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Once again the Master ! Amazing pics

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 06:05 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Was that old Jeep just sitting out somewhere?
Mark

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 06:15 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a Jeep, a Scout. And yeah, just sitting there. I see all kinds of old rigs just sitting out in the middle of nowhere. Figure most of them probably broke down out there and never moved again.

- DAA

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 06:35 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Another view.

-

This one is fairly complete, but the doors and rear axle were missing. I have seen many of these old rigs, slowly disappear over the years as people pillage them for parts or haul them off complete. Becoming more and more common, that hauling them off complete.

Here's my old Scout, a '61, had a three digit VIN. My first wheeler, drove it all over creation and put it through hell and brought it back. Lots and lots of hard mechanical lessons learned with that rig.

-

And another really sweet looking old International, somebody is going to snag this one someday I'm sure. I bet I could get it started and kinda driving in less than a day.

-

An old drilling rig, picture from last year, it burned up in a fire this summer...

-

This old Pontiac was in way better shape and way more complete when I first found it over 30 years ago. Looking pretty sad these days.

-

Another International, lots of good parts still there, last time I saw it. Maybe people are just way more into the Big Three and not corn binders.

-

I've always liked this old Hudson somebody turned into a trailer back in the day.

-

Seen lots and lots of old rigs just left out there. But like everything else, some of them are disappearing and they are all more messed with.

- DAA

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 08:44 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
A Scout! Got a buddy that is into those. He has 2 of them he fixed up and hunts out of them.

Awsome pics.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 08:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pics, Dave! Thank you.

I might have seen a couple of those cars. I know where there is an old Scout, but it's way down south by Mercury and within a stone's throw of area 51.

I bought a 3/4 ton International the last year they were made. Had it one year. There is a reason why you see Internationals parked and walked away from out in the boonies.

I also think I've seen that Hudson? Or maybe it was a Merc?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
NeilA
Member # 6789

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 02:29 PM      Profile for NeilA   Email NeilA         Edit/Delete Post 
Great Pictures! Thank you Dave!

Just sold my ‘76 scout last month. We use RZR’s for off road now , so it wasn’t getting any use.

Posts: 28 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2018  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 04:15 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
My Dad had a couple of Scouts just like the ones in the pics. One was a half-cab and the other a full.

Seemed like lots of people had them back in the day in these parts. There was an International dealer in the small town of population 900 that we lived close to. I swear every farm and ranch family had one at one or two at some point.

That truck looks like the International 1700 "Loadstar" that I drove while working for a farmer/rancher through my high school years. Looks in pretty good shape too. You'd think somebody would have a use for it. Especially if it has a hoist

It was a good truck. Good power and drove nice, for a farm truck.

Burned the shit outta my arm one harvest when a bunch of wheat straw got stuck above the muffler. I smelled smoke, stopped and looked underneath the truck to see the straw burning. I grabbed the fire extinguisher and crawled under the truck to put it out. In the process my arm touched the muffler.

A fire in a harvest field is one helluva an adrenaline rush... Not to mention a truck possibly burning up in the process.

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 04:39 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures Dave!!!
I had a three quarter ton International with 410 gears in the front and rear ends. Top speed was 60 but it would pull the world. It was a real work truck, got about 10 miles to the gallon. It got where you couldn't find parts for it, in fact I had to put ford brake pads on it one time. Looking at them old scouts sure bring back some good memories.

[ October 23, 2018, 04:09 AM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 05:05 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddie, my '61 Scout had 4.27's and a factory twin stick. And a T90 with a 6.something 1st gear. It would do wheelies in 2Lo!

Went through some rear ends but I welded the spider gears on one of them. Beastly off road but a handful in parking lots. Snapped an axle and drove it home 90 miles like that. Found a Dana 60 for it after that and never had any more rear end breakage.

- DAA

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 05:19 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
And just because we're on the subject, my Jeep has 4.88's and a 4:1 t-case, 90:1 final drive in 1st gear. It will idle straight up a wall if it has traction.

- DAA

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 05:51 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn thats cool shit.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 22, 2018 07:28 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had one like that but it was a 68 Chevy C10 panel. Had a granny gear, all on the floor. I sat on an orange crate, the whole interior was gutted. But it would climb practically straight up the side of a cliff. In fact, my son just sold it this summer for a $1,000. The running gears alone were probably worth twice that? I think Dana and Spicer? 327, smog problems. I felt kind bad when I heard he finally sold it, but all he did was store junk in it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 05:22 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any cool jeep stories but just wanted to say that Dave's pics., as usual, should be found in a magazine somewhere. Great pics. as always.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 07:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, ain't that the truth! Every bit as good as National Geographic. You should see his rifles. He's a perfectionist. The stocks of his rifles are adorned with museum quality artwork. (except the coyote rifles) Pretty much makes my stuff look like hillbilly junk.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 08:22 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
We have a real old 700 bdl in .243. It has killed, elk, deer, bighorn, pronghorn, marmots, prairie dogs, blue grouse, bunnies, jack rabbits, grey fox, swift fox, red fox, badgers, rattle snakes, and a jillion coyotes! I was considering refinishing it last year but my son wouldn't let me. He, like myself, prefers the Hillbilly rifle look!! It is and looks very used! It will be a cooler heirloom that way, one day!!

Dave,
Those pictures are really really cool!! It looks like you are solo hunting on most of those camping trips? Do you sleep outside on the cot or inside the tent?

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2018 08:32 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Danny, yes, mostly solo. Always been that way. Sleep out on the cot whenever I can, in the tent when the weather drives me into it.

- DAA

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters