The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Fair weather softies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fair weather softies
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 16, 2018 07:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What little I know about Florida, the panhandle is the only inhabitable part and I spent 6 months there during the Cuban Missile Crisis, if anybody remembers that little event when everybody was digging bomb shelters in their back yard?

The area around Fort Walton Beach, between Panama City and Pensacola is pretty nice. Nice beaches! I'd never seen a horseshoe crab before, what a strange critter!

You know, there isn't a US Army installation in the whole state, yet, there we were, TDY extra money per diem.

My old high school buddy has moved over by Jacksonville. He likes it, goes fishing almost every day.

The firearm policies are attractive from a Kalifornia perspective.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31494 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 18, 2018 03:31 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Went to FL in the early 80's down to the Keys. Spent a few days there with a cousin on his boat. That was a learning experience.
Other half went down there one spring when FL caught on fire and hadn't burned in centuries and they had to learn how to fight wild land fires all over again. He was out of Tallahassee driving around. Said it was nice place.

Temps getting to the upper 60's next few days way to hot for this time of year. Took a drive yesterday and on the way home the amount of bugs that was hitting the windshield was like August. Way to hot for this time of year. Only the tallest peaks or north sides are still showing snow right now.

Crazy fall for sure. Kind of glad we have late season cow tags. Starts Dec 1st. Last year had a heavy snow on the 5th and got a nice cow that morning. Could have rode her down the hill like a sled. Good thing she wasn't to far up the hillside.
In this heat glad I'm not hunting for elk and getting one down. The good ol' yellow jackets were out and buzzing hard yesterday. Hate to fight them things off of meat. They get real aggressive on fresh meat.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters