The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Fire season... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fire season...
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2018 02:14 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
May finally be over with.
Last few days of rain and snow above 7,000 feet sure or has finally put fall in the air.
Trees are turning gold/reddish pink.
4 more days on the mountain and it's over with for the next 6 months.

I'll be glad when Friday arrives!! Yahooooooo!!!

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2018 02:54 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy !!!!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2018 05:38 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup good news. Looks like all day rain tomorrow. Like last Thursday & good shower last Saturday.

What's not too like ? I'm building some new fence soon. Good damp ground helps a lot.

My goats despise the rain though..

[ October 08, 2018, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 03:47 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We'll see how long I make it on the mtn. today.
Need to go check on the building and pull the last of the food out.
Can't wait for deer season tomorrow. The road will be rutted and some idiot will haul a travel trailer to the top at the saddle.
That road has a couple of spots that get slicker than snot. Of course it's towards the bottom and in a couple of corners.

Goats like a perfect world.Especially pampered ones. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 05:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I am four square 100% for goats! If they want sunshine and lollypops, give it to them! Life's too short.

Good hunting. El Bee

....why do they hate rain, Dave? Or, are you afraid to ask?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 06:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Idahoans I think we got all your rain , very unusual it started raining in July and quit yesterday we had a few sunny days but not many all the water holes are full and all the trick tanks as well , funny thing is just 7 miles down the road they didn't get squat go figure ! we were so green I thought I was in Ireland then just down the road brown.

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 07:13 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Idahoans I think we got all your rain , very unusual it started raining in July and quit yesterday we had a few sunny days but not many all the water holes are full and all the trick tanks as well , funny thing is just 7 miles down the road they didn't get squat go figure ! we were so green I thought I was in Ireland then just down the road brown.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 08:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, (along those lines) I don't think it's uncommon at all to have a sudden downpour on one side of the street and dry as a bone on the other. I'm always annoyed when trying to set up my Coleman on the tailgate, and I can see it coming out of Mexico, not ten miles away. I've had to move 3 or 4 times before I found a spot where it wasn't going to rain or it had already passed through. But, the frogs! The frogs! It's amazing how they show up and disappear just as fast. The Southwest is a magical place. Paul, you ain't barely "southwest" I think? More, southern Utah.

I told one time about when we were down below Tombstone, some sleepy motel and I walked across the street to get a soda from the convenience mart sleezy gas station. Midmorning, hot as hell, not a cloud in the sky, that I could tell? But, again, Mexico was not far away and as I exited the door and headed back, a sudden drenching cloudburst that ended before I got to the room, which was the furthest from the street, and it still hadn't rained there. Pat looked at me as I stood there looking like I fell in the pool! And, it was gone as quickly as it came, no sense in him looking outside to see what I was talking about. Magical place. I love it down there, if I ever GET INVITED again?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 09:07 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah they were hunkered down in the "goat house" this morning.

My place came with a goat house & they've always ducked into it during snow or rain. Couldn't tell ya if all goats are the same way or not ?

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 09:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....but, you're working on it, right?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 09:49 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a toad strangler on the mountain top right now.
I mainly came up to show a little time on the time sheet but also to check on the building and finish pulling out some items and shut the frig off so I can clean it tomorrow. Will dump water on Thursday.
I don't care what I'm doing after conserving water on the mountain tops I still hate to dump it at the end of the season. [Big Grin]

Some fool just had to walk up over the weekend in the mud and track it all over the catwalk. [Mad]

I'm hoping this lets up some in a little while so I can shut down and get off of here.
It's the only lookout I've been on where I actually stay warm and cozy. Electrical base boards for heat.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 11:33 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Well good luck, a doozy of a storm rolled thru here awhile back headed your way & another just hit.

Inbound !! escape while you can !!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 11:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a worthy project for ya, Dave! Get the goat house all wired up with electrical baseboards. Time's a waste'n! Getter Done! What would Q say?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 12:44 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I'm no longer in the central part of the state I'm up north but we still have the desert toads up here by the thousands something to hear after the first rain of the season.

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 09, 2018 01:43 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from a little Coyote hunting trip in Nevada. WOW!!!!! The fires did a really number out there. Was amazing to say the least.

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2018 02:11 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
UTcaller, what rock you been hiding under? [Big Grin]

They just burnt up another 7,000 plus acres in Lamoille(sp?) canyon last week. Pretty sad.

Opener of our deer season today. Sure glad it rained or we'd be chasing fire today. Never know still might be.

--------------------

UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2018 07:48 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Just been a busy couple years. But still like stopping by to see what’s up on Huntmasters every now and then. 🙂 I was out to Spring Creek a couple weeks ago getting Propane and it is as dry as I can remember out there. Glad we’re getting alittle rain and I hope we get a good wet winter.

Good Hunting Chad

[ October 10, 2018, 07:51 AM: Message edited by: UTcaller ]

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2018 06:29 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Chad,

Didn't you, your brother, and some others take a trip and kill about a jillion and twelveteen critters last year about this time, maybe September?

Let's see some pictures!

[ October 10, 2018, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2018 01:07 AM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Loco, yeah that was actually a couple years ago. We had a pretty good hunt and had a good time for sure. Last year was pretty good as well. This year was damn slow to say the least. But we’ll keep after them. I can’t figure out how to post pictures anymore so I’ll just bring the thread with them in back up.

Good Hunting Chad

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 11, 2018 03:49 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Cant believe it , it rained all day today cloudy tomorrow and rain again on Saturday! wtf is this Florida?

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2018 03:14 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We had mostly sunny skies late day fair weather clouds yesterday.
Ice on the roof, took a while for it to melt enough to get on it to get the shutters in place.
Building is shut down finally!!
I check out today and get on with my life.
These kids can't figure it out as they've let fire become their lives. A whole lot more to life than a job.
But what do I know? I'm an old fossil and don't like most people.
Computer and internet go down Saturday and won't be back up until Tuesday (I hope). Moving almost everything up country and leaving it.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2018 04:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Enjoy your time out of the tower ! Gonna fence a horse pasture today while the skies are clear. then hunker back down tomorrow.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2018 05:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what they do on the Papago? they put bracelets on the front feet and let them wander. But the horses are smart enough to know that walking too far away from feed and water is a two way street. Fences? Mañana.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2018 05:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Its a turnout for a horse boarding operation not my idea just a job ! Ill take it !

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 12, 2018 08:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul;
We're getting your rain down here now. Not sure if it's the last of the Monsoon or the first of the Winter Wet but I'm lovin' it !!!!

Could it be …………...the drought we've suffered thru for 20 years is coming to an end ??????
All I know is that if Global Warming is causing this rain, then I'm going to use more coal oil lamps.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters