The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » My wife has retired me from my handyman and building services

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My wife has retired me from my handyman and building services
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2018 11:57 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Had just finished up two Mare motels and horse panel enclosures. Got a call from a friend he needed my big ladders and a little help with setting trusses on his new barn build we were up about fifteen feet lost my footing ,old man on the ground ! Getting old is for old people, youngsters cant handle ! been hurting a couple of days if it don't get better I'll go see a doc ! Broken foot nothing they can do with that landed on the small of my back its just sore don't think any thing is busted. But I did break my $870,000.00 Jaw but it is useless anyway just there to give me That Dudley Do Right chin!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2018 03:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Shame on her!

You know, Nancy used to volunteer my handyman services for her girlfriends.

True story, under the heading of no good deed goes unpunished.

Nany's father worked for Braun Chemical and at some point she was buying 50 lb bags of laundry detergent from him for about $10. Didn't matter, Tide, All, any brand you wanted in commercial quantities. One thing led to another until the poor guy was delivering to our house 6-10 bags of detergent at a time, she cut all her friends in on the deal.

After about 6 months of this foolishness, her dad got called on the carpet; George, you are buying too much soap, at below wholesale prices! End of the Goose that laid the golden egg. Never mind that he was lugging 300/400/500 pounds of soap for zero compensation; what a deal! If you have a good deal, keep it to yourself.

And Paul, you really should know better? I know that I got tired of my wife hiring me out doing stuff for all her friends and I was too shy to charge them what it was worth, just covered material cost and I worked for free. Can't beat that!

But, I get it. I understand, Dude. You suffer from the Iron man Syndrome. Wake up!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31492 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2018 08:52 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I never have to worry about it...Im not at all "handy". I have to do shit 3 times before I get it right so my handyman status is severely limited. I trained my wife years ago not to volunteer me for anything...period. I hate that shit. I have a friend whos wife over the years volunteered him to work on everyone in town's shit...like almost daily. She would schedule him, and he never had the balls to say no. I never understood that but whatever. Even if we were out hunting, he would sheepishly tell me he had to go home to work on something, like a kid with a curfew. Good guy of course,and Im probably an asshole.. oh well.
Mark
edited for spelling....3 times.

[ September 22, 2018, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2018 02:45 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I think she's right I'm too old for high work my balance is not what it used to be ! There were days when I could walk the center of a pitched roof those days are gone!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 25, 2018 03:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark I would have divorced her in an hour !
I have worked construction most of my life the last forty in management its funny that I am back on the line guess you go with what you know ! life is fun dontcha think !

[ September 25, 2018, 03:12 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 04:54 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife has always been far too jealous of my time and attention to have me "doing stuff" for the neighbors. She doesn't mind me helping friends with putting on a roof or doing a motor swap or whatever (once in awhile). But she made it pretty clear in our first year of marriage that I was HER mule, and the neighbors could all go to hell before she would have me spending time at their house doing their shit.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2018 05:08 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Love it Dave kind of my
wife's attitude !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2018 06:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That right, Paul? Then exactly why were you up on that ladder?

[ September 29, 2018, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2018 03:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I rarely listen to her lol

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted October 03, 2018 12:22 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad it doesn't sound too serious. At our age we need to think before we act because we ain't 50 anymore. I wish you a speedy recovery.

BTW I purposely spelled ain't instead of we are not

[ October 03, 2018, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1927 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2018 11:13 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting vibes. My bad knee is sending, I mean receiving code from somewhere in eastern Arizona and it sounds/feels like Paul might be/has been, up on that ladder, and finishing what he started! No good deed goes unpunished.

Prove you aren't guilty, is the fashionable attitude lately.

Good hunting. El Bee

Safford is way east, right?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, we're almost to the New Mexico state line but we can still refer to Texans as 'you guys from back east'.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7589 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2018 03:01 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually I had some posts to cut off the Mare motels not near as high as the barn ,And a flag pole to install. Now I'm done going to Doctor on the 17th another surgery in my future!

--------------------

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2018 04:19 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
My wife doesn't want my help.She's a 'farm girl'and fixes anything needing fixing.Doesn't want me touching anything.Life is good.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 08, 2018 03:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Man! I knew I should be looking for weman on Farmer's.com! I already know, farm girls know what's going on!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters