The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Shut down HM (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Shut down HM
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 11:01 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Have never been to a Facebook page. Never. Not once. Nor instagram, nor twitter or any other of that generation of social media.

Never. Been an obvious data grab since day one - it's where the power is (and hence the money).

And while I'd love to hear from and meet any kids I have out there that I don't know about, other than that, I can't think of one single good thing that could come from participating. I can think of plenty of things I'd rather not be part of though.

Have heard some interesting conversation lately about the status of data control. Some pretty smart people think control of data has surpassed control of land as the most important lever of power in the world. It's obvious that our gov't, the Russians and Chinese all believe so.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 11:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you just indicted The United States of Google?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 11:17 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the worst, for sure.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 11:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't even pretend that I have any privacy whatsoever! On or off a FB or twitshit or even instacrap never been on the latter two if you own a computer your are exposed ! They know who you are and where you are !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 01:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, as far as I'm concerned, the jury is out on all this hi tech bullshit, smartphones, Internet, Netflix, ALL OF IT. And, particularly Face book, that Zuckerberg twit is an evil little bastard.

Now, as far as something DAA wrote earlier:

quote:
One minor reason is that they are all trying to monetize their traffic. I for one am done with contributing quality content for some one else's profit. Fuck that.

Huntmasters is immune from that and I think that has contributed to it's staying power.

What he means is, Huntmasters accepts no ads whatsoever and never have. All members are encouraged, however, to advertise whatever they have, be it handcalls or maybe gunsmith, or hunting guide services. I haven't seen anything so far that would come close to being disapproved. That's for members only. I don't allow ads for Foxpro or Cabela's, for instance because that's where PMS made their big mistake and they allow the sponsors to call the shots. As I recall, their moderators would actively censor any talk about any other caller on the market. That's exactly what I mean, that shit will never happen here, and it's because I pay for everything and there is no committee, no moderators of any kind that must get their heads together to set policy. The buck stops here, and I'm pretty liberal in what is said and who can say it. Nobody buys me or controls me and the members know they can say what is on their mind and we always discuss it above board, no back channel private messages. All the dirty laundry gets aired out in the open, if I look bad, they will all see it, no cover ups, no editing. Well, there has been one or two things over the past 16 1/2 years, but believe me, I hate to do it and I dare PM to make the same claim. Regular as clockwork, PM comes over here and throws bombs. What the hell they are afraid of I don't know? We are just minding our own little business and they can kiss my ass. This little dustup is out of the blue, everybody can see what has transpired, and I have not responded directly to any of their emails, just post them here for everybody to see how chickenshit they are, and always have been.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 03:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
To give an idea of how insidious things are, I do not buy much mail order and/or online. However, I did today. To back up, I have these down comforters on my king size bed. I've been thinking about this all summer, I don't want to go another winter with either of them for my own reasons.

I want a conventional blanket, and not fleece, thank you. So, I got on line and wound up on Bed Bath and Beyond. Picked out an Eddie Bauer blanket and clicked on credit card payment and then Discover Card. They had my whole number, not just the last four digits. I don't know if my computer supplied this information but it sure looked like Bed, bath etc. had all my account details on file. Scary, and I blame Google. They own me and I am small potatoes, for sure. And I qualified for free shipping? Must be my handsome good looks?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ September 18, 2018, 03:36 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 03:48 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's why we are here Leo this site is the real deal! If I do a search for something ads for those products come on my
FB page for a few days think that's an accident ! I DONT CARE WHO KNOWS WHERE I AM OR WHO I AM CANT AVOID IT THESE DAYS COME FUCK WITH ME AND DIE !

[ September 18, 2018, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 03:57 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I live in a tiny little town nothing going on here a traffic jam is a car behind me a the RR crossing stopped at the post office today and a guy standing out front said you cant go in there with a gun I said its a contract office not a federal facility check your facts before running your pie hole he ran in behind me screaming that I could not bring a gun in there called me an asshole, tried my patience but he is still alive. told him he was the asshole he said fuk u I said fuk with me that seemed to end the dispute LOL Some days are more interesting than others LOL

[ September 18, 2018, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 05:39 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, that is exactly why I use the Sneaky Pete Holster. I don't want to advertise that I'm carrying and give away the advantage of surprise.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 04:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I usually wear and over shirt that covers ,it was warm today but people need to mind their own business !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 07:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just thinking about your scenario, Paul. Did your loud mouth seem like he was an out of towner, like maybe from Kalifornia? They do stuff like that. No wonder everybody hates us?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 05:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They don't give up. Still threatened by the little Board that could.

quote:

Shutting down ButtHURTMasters
Wed, Sep 19, 2018 5:57 pm
Gene Charne mojogene333@hotmail.comHide
To nbosin nbosin@aol.com
Hey LB my ole' buddy, long time no troll :>P

Yes, palsy walsy, time to shut'r down. Can't you see that most of us have left for greener pastures? Where's Cal, Andy L, Nikonut etc?

THEY HIT THE ROAD, TOAD!

Best wishes,

Gene

ps - tell Bopeye I said "hey there" will ya? LOL

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 07:41 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Gene? Should somebody know him? Does he think we do? I think DAA is right. Gene is really wanting some attention. Not trying to insult Gene, just being 100% honest with this. I have only ever seen this behavior is really really young children that weren't raised properly. It's very bizarre behavior for an adult. Just ignore it all.🙂

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 08:48 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, exactly what is the problem? Who's butt hurt? Just minding our own business and what's the reason for all this?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted September 19, 2018 11:27 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LB.....I agree with some of the others, just let it go. Don't pay them any mind. They can't do anything but run there mouth. To me it ain't worth the effort to respond to there little game there playing.
Hell in a couple of days it's going to be down in the low 70s, in the day time, just about time to start getting ready for calling season.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 04:03 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Been gone for a few weeks and the wife finally got the puter back to normal(?) and this is the first post I read. What a joke. Glad that you are the sole proprietor and judge about things here. What are they.Nothing but snowflakes with a power trip going on cause they are still confused about which bathroom they should be using and no doubt libtards to the max, and stupid ones at that. Fuck them where they want it and the sun don,t shine.
p.s. thanks for the site Leonard.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 640 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 04:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup Walt ! bunch a assholes ! kick em in the starfish ! Nothing going on at PM .

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 05:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I had a post altered just yesterday about the pledge of allegiance

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 06:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I still suspect that it's some loser that wants to stir trouble between the boards rather than it coming from P/M/.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 07:24 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Not on Farcebook, twitter, or snapchat. Never have Skyped.
Hate ordering on line but have done it.
Prefer talking and hearing a voice on the other end or face to face so I can read the facial expressions.
The world doesn't need to know where I'm at and what I'm doing.
The WWW could end tomorrow and I'd be a much happier person and the world wouldn't be at my door asking where the elk are at.
Or how many trappers/coyote callers are there.
E-scouting and boots on the ground are driving me up the wall.
I really don't like anyone under 40 and most people won't get off of their atv/utv and walk up a quarter mile to say hi. Have a locked gate below the lookout. Use to be 50 year olds would walk up but that is changing to 60 year olds now.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 09:55 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like someone with too much time on their hands trying to stir the pot. They send the email and then run to LB's board to see the results.

quote:
ps - tell Bopeye I said "hey there" will ya? LOL
If he/she/it is referring to the Bopeye from FnF fame, he's been gone for a long, long time.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 04:22 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Just like every time, the threat. They start it, we are butthurt and now they demand all of their emails be deleted, or we get council involved. Yeah right. Bring it on, asshole!

quote:

defamation of PM
Thu, Sep 20, 2018 4:37 pm
President - Predatormastersforums.com president@predatormasters.comHide
To nbosin nbosin@aol.com
Dear Administrator,

Please refrain from discussing or refering to Predatormasters on your site: www.huntmastersbbs.com

This includes posts from your members. We also ask that you delete all previous posts on your site that refer to Predatormasters in any way, shape or form.

Lets be gentlemen about this before counsel needs to get involved.

***Thank you in advance for your understanding and immediate attention to this matter***

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 05:17 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
hahaha great fun!
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 06:57 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing like a good board war to get the blood pumping!!!
Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2018 01:37 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Did the doors close yet? LB did you get your MN penpals opinion on this before you make any rash decisions?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters