The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Shut down HM (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Shut down HM
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 11:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Those helpful folks, (probably at PMS?) want to clean up the 'net. Read this email:

Petition to shut down HM
Mon, Sep 17, 2018 6:08 am
Lorne Craig yotemaster@excite.netHide
To nbosin nbosin@aol.com
Time to pull the plug on this website. HM is an obsolete media tool with a very limited readership.

Please help us put HM out of its misery. Contact the administrator: nbosin@aol.com and kindly nudge him to take the site down.

Let's clean up the Net and work together by removing forum sites that just don't need to exist anymore.

Thanks for your consideration

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 13 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Vote Now     View Poll Results

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31489 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 11:07 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had to vote to see results so I'm slightly influencing results. Too fucking bad!

Who is this Yotemaster?

You know what I think of the use of the word "Yote" in any fashion=total rookie!

edit: now's your chance to influence things around here. Step up to the plate.

edit: note that fucking sig line!

[ September 17, 2018, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TRnCO
FUTURE HALL OF FAMER
Member # 690

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 11:23 AM      Profile for TRnCO   Email TRnCO         Edit/Delete Post 
Clean up the net? Some one is smokin' dope if they think they are "cleaning up the net" by starting here. Good God, there's plenty of nasty ass sites such as ANTIFA or BLM sites that would be a better served getting cleaned out first.
I think someone is trying to get a rise out of ya LB. Don't fall for the bait.

--------------------
Is it hunting season yet? I hate summer!

Posts: 996 | From: Elizabeth, CO | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 11:36 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
LB....tell them to piss off, it's your site you'll shut it down when you get good and ready.

[ September 17, 2018, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 17, 2018 11:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Initial thought: why the fuck do they care?

I think they know that I post every email they send, such as this one. Is HM a threat? I never considered it to be, maybe an alternative to the commercial aspects that I am opposed to? That would be PM. I mean shit, I pay for this stuff. You can say anything you want and not fear censorship. Where's the harm, the threat? I don't get it?

They are still assholes. Never changes.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 12:08 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Can we just vote to shut the whole internet down? That would be the most help to mankind I think.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 12:55 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
How about a petition for anybody that uses the term 'yotemaster' to take a long walk on a short pier ?????

Sad that someone's life is so petty that the best that they can do is to come up with shit like this.
This asswipe must be a Democrat; He runs into something that he, in his righteousness does not approve of, and goes into the control mode.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 01:19 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
One of the first things I do in the morning at 4:00 A.M. see who checked in . this site should stand forever!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 01:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
another email this morning. Total lies, of course. They must be insecure or something, kinda like that Trump derangement syndrome?

Huntmaster Derangement Syndrome
(follows)

quote:

T. Paul toby_paulsen8@hotmail.comHide
To yotemaster yotemaster@excite.net, nbosin nbosin@aol.com
yes I've contacted Mr. Bosin regarding his push to quell Hunt Masters BBS. He replied that yes this site will be shuttered by October first.

Jim Renaud has been pushing for this move for some time now, looks like he's finally gained some support and traction from Mr. Bosin and others to accomplish this

T. Paul

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 03:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking there must be a post on PM?

Because I get this:

quote:

Hunt Masters shutting down
Mon, Sep 17, 2018 3:37 pm
Cheeba5896 j_horton67@hotmail.comHide
To bandydog bandydog@aol.com, rexrim58 rexrim58@gmail.com, carraba78 carraba78@hotmail.com, nbosin nbosin@aol.com
What in the hell is Hunt Masters and who in the hell is advising shutting it down?

What is Hunt Masters? Or, who is Hunt Masters? Hunting what? Who is Mr. Mock? Why are you contacting me?

They could at least post a link?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lonny
PANTS ON THE GROUND
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 04:34 PM      Profile for Lonny           Edit/Delete Post 
What other predator hunting boards are still around?

There is here and PM that I know of for sure.

It seemed like 10 or more years ago there was a a number of them.

There was something called the midwest predator board. Foxpro had one. Something else called predator pro's? I never stuck around any of them long enough to see what was up.

Are any of them still around?

It seems like the era of predator boards has kinda died out?

Magazines seem to have slipped away also. I haven't bought a magazine of any sort in years.

I hear the entire outdoor industry is struggling right now...

Remember us hunters must stick together or the anti's will break us!!!! LOL!

Posts: 1209 | From: Lewiston, Idaho USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 05:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Random thought. Just thinking out loud.
Mayhap this is from some shit-stirrer that has an ax to grind with both P/M and H/M and just wants to bring a bit of joy into his pathetic existence by causing trouble where no trouble is called for ?????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 05:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
While on the subject, I want to be perfectly clear.
I can be bought off. Mock, go ahead, tempt me.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Be the first one on your block to say:

For a measly $25,000, I rid the internet of
Leonard, that crummy Huntmaster dink.

PS no personal checks

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 05:14 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
All boards are dying off. Not just predator boards. The world has moved on. Lots of reasons for it.

One minor reason is that they are all trying to monetize their traffic. I for one am done with contributing quality content for some one else's profit. Fuck that.

Huntmasters is immune from that and I think that has contributed to it's staying power.

I'm sure there are plenty of tiny little predator boards I know nothing of. But it looks to me like PM and Huntmasters are pretty much all that is left.

If you look at quality not quantity HM more than holds it's own against PM. There are very few top hands that post on PM at all anymore and never get into anything meaty in even a little bit of depth. Don't blame them, neither do I. It's just not worth it,

We do occasionally get into some good conversations here with information being shared that I personally haven't seen anywhere else in years.

Only occasionally, I think most of us are just a bit intimidated by some of the really experienced guys and tend to hold back. But when we do delve in you get more straight talk from more experienced successful callers here than anywhere else on the net, in the world.

You ought to be proud Leonard. And you ought to stop giving these anonymous wankers any attention. It's what they want. The dipshit is probably just about coming himself over all this attention. Just ignore them and stop even acknowledging them. I wouldn't even open those emails, myself.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 05:23 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
What he said^^^

Also, as I was perusing facebook, I came across a thread regarding predator calling, and before my very eyes Ed Sceery made a post. Looks like he jumped back onto the internet....to bad we are voting to shut it down though?
Mark

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 05:36 PM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Ed is a good guy. Didn't ever get the credit he deserves in my opinion.

Him and Scott on calling with or into the wind was the most epic ongoing debate in the history of predator boards too. Those were the days!

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted September 17, 2018 08:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, in a way, it's a shame more people aren't interested in night hunting, as pioneered in California. Be that as it may, if one were to seek information about night hunting, there is quite literally nowhere else, Internet or anywhere besides right here. And that forum is ignored. But, it's there.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 08:43 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, night hunting is very poular... I see it all over the place. Night vision is super popular as is traditional light swinging. Lots of it happening, in different forms.
Mark

--------------------

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 03:03 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think there is a ton of night hunting going on. Back east, seems like a lot of those guys, are 100% night hunters. It has become legal in places it used to not be, like here in Utah for instance, where it has become the only way to put up any kind of numbers in places.

They are using a lot of technology that you never did though Leonard.

The little bit of night hunting I have done the last couple years, we don't use any lights whatsoever. Not for driving or retrieving and certainly not for scanning or shooting. It's too rich for my blood, but high end thermal is a real game changer in my opinion and limited experience. I can spot animals better, at night, with zero light, than I can during the day in bright sunlight. Almost like having a super power, at night. I have also been able to use some lower end, well, mid range really, not low end at all, thermal and it's not all that impressive to me, I found it much more difficult to spot and identify animals with. But the really high end gear, holy cow, that is neat!

- DAA

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 04:55 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For all the BS in this state, our night hunting laws are fairly acceptable. Caveat being, loaded firearms and vehicles are a MAJOR NO NO, at any time. Parked, moving, don't matter if it's got wheels, a loaded firearm cannot be in contact with it. Can't even lean a loaded firearm up against a dang wheelbarrow, let alone shoot from a specialized rig...

So, we're stuck to foot patrol. I've kinda sorta felt my way along, and have found some things that work for where I hunt at night. Can echo Dave, in that getting a thermal scope last season has been a friggin awesome upgrade! Being able to 'see' in total darkness is almost worth the price of admission, alone. And, the fact that ya can shoot thru this technology allows another level of 'excellent'!

My stuff is low/mid end, and I'd like to add a designed 'scanner' unit. But, for now, I'm standing behind a full sized tripod, with rifle attached, and panning/scanning thru thermal riflescope. A bit of a chore, but still worlds ahead of doing same, with an LED handtorch!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 04:58 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the Ed Sceery posts in FB good to hear him again! Fuck PM who gives a shit ? pardon my language but us stupid people always resort to foul language ! oh and fuck PM ! Jim REDFRAUD in particular !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 07:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My night vision is all Russian, and used just enough to tell me it was no real solution. Yes, I know about those really cool $9,000 thermal scopes, but I have killed 22 coyotes in one night the old fashioned way. I am positive that using all the latest hi tech gear wouldn't help at all, maybe in isolated applications, limited territory, foot patrol like Fred talks about. But, it is cool.

The problem with night hunting is the unreasonable fear emanating from the regulatory wennies. They saddle you down with so many restrictions that have no actual basis, for instance, read again what Fred wrote about the loaded weapon laws, and yet, every swinging dick has a holstered 9mm in the friggin' glove box.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Oh! PS about predator message boards shutting down, not popular, etc. etc. My vote goes to FACEBOOK and FOXPRO for the double whammy. I had an instinct right off the bat and have never had a Facebook account. Control Freaks!
Anyway, when you have Facebook, who needs a message board? <shrug>

[ September 18, 2018, 07:30 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 07:57 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
In my brief foray into facebook lately, I do see the value in it, but good god there is a lot of stupid people cluttering it all up. I joined several groups that I have interest in just to get a feel for it, and, like everything, there is good and bad.

I have to say that coming back to an actual board like this is a bit refreshing.

Seems like face book fosters short attention spans. Pithy posts that do not contain complete information, wading thru the dead bodies to get to the truth. Boards like this seem to encourage a more thought out, lengthy process when posting useful info, and a lot better conversation.

Instagram and Snapchat about the same.
Edit to say: Im like most guys my age I guess, one foot in and one foot out. I like old school shit but I cant ignore new shit for very long, just out of curiosity? But I do get bored pretty fast.
Mark

[ September 18, 2018, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 10:47 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's yalls fakebook tip of the day...

-

Coincidence???
Yeah, right...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 10:57 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird..my post above has says "out bored" pretty fast...when I typed "I get bored pretty fast"...and I cant edit it.

Mark

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters