The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Bad Copenhagen, Baaaaaad (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Bad Copenhagen, Baaaaaad
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2018 10:13 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a good long 8-10 year stretch there of nonbeingaddictedness. I was having difficulty sleeping for a month or so and was nearly falling asleep on my way from work. So I figured I would buy a can just to dip on the ride home each day and... BAM, just like that, I can't quit again!! 😡😡😡

[ September 15, 2018, 10:13 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 01:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 05:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon Loco...….you're smarter than that. Knock that shit off.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 03:56 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes. Just trying to set up a little of my own accountability. I do need some encouragement. Cutting back doesn't work. I remember from quitting last time, the true secret to quitting......everytime you want a chew....don't take one. LOL No duh right. Nothing else works. But it is easier said than done.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 05:30 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Next time you get the urge to dip one, picture your kids following your example and all of them walking around with a spit cup.
There are few things on this earth more disgusting than a spit cup.

Or you can be like Paul.

Personally, I'm not sure that I'm tough enough to be Paul.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 04:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay one more time first day in surgery 17 hours they kept me in a coma till the next day 6 more hours. removed my jaw from the joint forward removed the lower half of my tongue and the floor of my mouth
,took some bone from my legs and some bits of titanium built a new jaw ,grafted skin from my arms to build new mouth 27 days flat on ma back. I get to go home with tubes hanging from every possible Hole natural and man made. Feeding tube in my gut for a year. The cancer returns and its back to surgery they remove the left mandibular joint and give me a mastectomy run the pectoral muscle up my neck to operate my jaw of sorts. then its off to RADIATION every fucking day for six weeks. No facial hair to speak of no real sense of taste about 30 % and a tongue that feels badly burnt all day everyday no dentition liquid diet some mushy solids. I am alive and enjoying each day ,It was a bitch but I feel worse for my wife she is stronger than I will ever be. Its okay Danny it only happens to other people !

[ September 17, 2018, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 07:04 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't read that without crying (I know that's not your intention).

Okay. Today is the day then. I've quit nicotine before; it wasn't easy.

Kok',
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for the encouragement!! I find spit cups super gross too! It tastes better if you just drink it. 🤨

--------------------

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 08:33 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Holy shit! I didnt know all that Paul. Your a tough hombre for sure.
Mark

[ September 17, 2018, 08:34 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted September 17, 2018 10:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, just think of drinking your New York Strip Steak out of a blender, through a straw.

Oh, wait! Sorry, Paul.

By this time next year, Arizona will have followed their liberal brothers in Kalifornia and outlawed straws. They always do.....So, deal with it.

They came for our plastic bags and we said nothing, then they came for our plastic straws and we did nothing.

Next, FOX NEWS!

But, Hey! At least we save the sea turtles!

Fucking Liberals!

Good hunting. El,Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 12:48 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We will always have our guns ! they can have mine when they are empty and I am a reloader ! so fuck California !
Thanks Mark I aint near as tough as my wife ! She went through Hell alone!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 12:50 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leo you are a crack up !
They came for are bags the state flag of Arizona one caught in every pucker bush out there!

[ September 17, 2018, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 01:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok LocoDude; Here's what to do...….
Go to Wally World and buy a bag of Starlight Mints.
Feed them to your dog.
In a couple of days, mow your lawn.
Fill an empty Skoal tin with scrapings from under your lawnmower.
Now, when you get the urge, you've got some 'good shit' to fall back on.
Next, calcumatate (Loco word) what you'd spend a week on dip and take the family out for ice cream instead.

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 01:28 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, respectfully...
I'm going to pass your post above, on to a friend who 'dips'.

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 01:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My son used to "recycle" SKOAL for the hard times. Well he left a can in my truck. He'd never leave "Virgin Skoal". I just invented the word!

I picked up an itinerant traveler this one time and he saw the can, asked if he could have a dip. I didn't have the heart to refuse him, but did say it was old and dried out. He never complained. It was my son that was grossed out. lol

Good hunting. El Bee

So, I said this as he helped himself and then mentioned that the guy put it back after he was finished. Then, I said I was kidding but he wasn't too sure.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 12:15 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
On to anyone it might help Fred !
Not looking for pity just tellin the truth! cancer suks ! I was in bad shape but it nearly killed my wife!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 01:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, speaking of the idiotic ban of plastic straws. That crap spread like wildfire. The California legislature geared up immediately and passed stringent new laws with TEETH! Use a straw, go to jail!

Anyway, I was at Walmart yesterday and you know how they hang stuff on the shelves, maybe some clips to keep your bag of chips fresh, or other impulsive junk you don't need.

This was a plastic pouch with 4 stainless steel STRAWS of two different lengths, two of which has a hockey puck bend, and included a little flexible brush to clean the inside. I'm telling ya, the greenies are going to be all over this stuff! I think they were (like) a dollar each....but hey, you are saving the sea turtles so it's all good, yeah?

Just thought everybody would want to know.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ September 18, 2018, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 18, 2018 04:05 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Looking west just shaking my fucking head !

--------------------

NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 04:15 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
When you TRUELY make up your mind to quit, you can and will. Otherwise you are only fooling yourself. I fooled myself for many years on a number of things but when you make up your mind for real, it's all it takes. Easier said than done though . Good luck and wish you the best. The alternative not only effects you but your family and friends also.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 07:19 AM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks everyone. Great advise and encouragement everyone!

Koko' your advise was some of the best....but only about 1/2 of it. 😀

Walt, what you say is true. Last time I quit, it was a difficult couple of weeks. But I do remember one day being super adamant, certain, determined, whatever, that I was going to quit for real!...and I did.

I'm still waiting for that to kick-in again though...😡

[ September 20, 2018, 07:22 AM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 20, 2018 07:42 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just realized I had an anniversary two days ago.

The medical community is pretty convinced that the primary cause of bladder cancer is smoking.

Well, in any case, some say that if you can remember the date, you probably won't stick to quitting? I don't know, but I quit smoking on September 18, 1989, which was the day my father died. A handsome man, he died much too soon at 72 years.

Here is four generations. Me, my grandfather Stanley holding my son Lenny, and on the right is my dad, Len (senior)

-

good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2018 07:13 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, I don't follow...?

Super cool picture!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2018 03:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What can I help you with, Danny?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 26, 2018 08:45 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Problem with my reading skills...I thought you were saying the anniversary you had was related to the next sentence about bladder cancer. Sorry about that. Hmph!!:-)

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 06:42 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably the shakes & cold sweats from withdrawal.
Hang in there LocoDude !!!!!!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 27, 2018 07:55 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I need not remind anyone here that Loco is the well known Smoke Dancer from the first campout. I will never forget that night. Wish we had taped it!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters