The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ko ko?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ko ko?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted August 30, 2018 07:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, can you run next door and check on our buddy? If he needs to post bail, let us know and maybe we can help out? I knew that karate stuff would bite off more than he could chew, some day, one day. Report back ASAP. Thanks!

[ August 30, 2018, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2018 04:39 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Good point I haven’t seen him in town for awhile. Maybe he is up in unit 27 chasing deer and bears??

[ August 31, 2018, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: Ariel Perez ]

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 30, 2018 05:12 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back.
This p.o.s. 'puter, not so much. Inter-net works. Email is down at the moment.
Yes, unit 27 up in the pines. Deer numbers were way down where I was at. Saw a couple of bears but was looking for Yogi not Boo-Boo.
No more hunting in a wolf release area for me.
Thinking pigs in Texas next year.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 05:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Richard Leroy Roop call me before you go to Texas!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 05:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Richard Leroy Roop call me before you go to Texas!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 08:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
another thing, if there be a little get to gether, it's time to start volunteering and talking about it.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 11:10 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul...….only my mother calls me that and NOT on the internet.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 11:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Bro call me before you go to Texas much to learn !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 12:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just started doing some research on pig hunt Texas.
Seems to be much reading to do.
I'll let you know before I make any serious plans.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 01:35 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I went to a place where everything was to be open free range hunt , canned hunt all the way Keechi Creek Outfitters complete dishonest assholes but you cant say much the owners brother is the head cop in town ! Sheesh ! Have a good friend that used to do my taxidermy in Apache Junction he bought out some guy in Mexia Texas he can put you where you want to be !

--------------------

Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 01:36 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
KoKo...I had some friends that went down on the Texas/Oklahoma line and hunted pigs with there
Bows. It was so much per hog depending how big it was. I think they hunted 160 that was high fence and the hogs were caught some where else and turn loose in this 160. Not really much of a hunt more of a turkey shot.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 02:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I did two Texas pig hunts, 1 1/2 lets say. The first one was way down eastern part forget the name right now but depends what you mean by "canned"? They drove us out to a blind shack on stilts close to where there was a corn dispenser. Of course, there was nothing showing until it was literally pitch dark. Didn't have night vision with me, never thought to bring it? Anyway, I killed I think 4? from 60 pounds to 200. They charged for gutting the pigs. They charged for butchering the pigs. etc. They charged for cutting it, charged for packaging it, I think they might have charged rent if we didn't pick it up right away?

Second place, by Lubbock, never saw a pig.

I also hunted pigs with dogs in northern California, we both got one, pat made a shot on a runner that they are still taking about. We had to rescue some baby pigs from the dogs, picked them up, dogs would have killed them in short order.

Of the three, the California hunt was the most enjoyable even though I'm not a fan of hunting with dogs. I remember riding in the back with a half a dozen dogs. The little Jack Russell owned the bed in the spare tire and those big pussies stayed well away; or else. He also owned all the kills. Outfitter's name was Nessen Schmidt, King City. Good dude.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 03:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not interested in a dog hunt. Nothing against dogs, just not my thing.
Possibly a combo spot & stalk / sit stands deal.
It will be the bow & pointed stick so night hunting is pretty much off of the table. As are high fence operations.
Extra credit for a West Texas location. Shorter drive.
Keeping an open mind to options.

Paul, where's your guy's ranch ???

--------------------

Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 04:40 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don’t we all load up and go hunt in Nm with tebbe?

Y’all might wanna get ahold of KJ, I’m sure he could point you guys in the right direction for hogs. He is retired and traveling around the western states hunting his ass off.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2018 07:12 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, I think you are on Tradgang? Lots of suggestions there for sure. I've shot pigs with rifle bow and handgun. Love the bow hunts the most. Tejon, Bitterwater and a bunch of others here. I used to love finding them on public land. A real challenge.

Remember when handgun hunting was big? My dad lived for that shit. Need to do some more of that someday.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 01, 2018 05:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
KoKo he does not have a ranch he is a taxidermist but knows every hunting operation around and who is truly free range and who is high fence.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 02, 2018 12:50 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thunder....Lightening....Very Very Frightening !!!!
We got .7" rain last night; that's a big deal here.

Ariel; Hunting with Tebbe-lemme think about it - no.
Last I heard anything about Kelly, he had been kidnaped by a black overweight hooker and was being forced to commit obscene acts with pancake syrup.

Or something like that. [Eek!]

Lone Howl; I lurk on TradGang but haven't registered yet. Seems like a decent site.

I have a couple of friends that used to hunt Tejone but it got to be way to spendy.

I actually killed a decent pig on public land in southern Cal. years ago with a pointed stick. Had to bicycle everything in and out.

Paul; Got any contact info on your guy in Texas ???

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2018 02:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Will Mc Clellen @ Wilderness Artistry 903 390 2225 just tell him your a friend of mine And I referred you to him

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2018 02:42 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 

[ September 03, 2018, 02:43 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2018 05:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx !!!!

[Cool]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 03, 2018 05:08 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanx !!!

[Cool]

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters