The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » software

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: software
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 05:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I couldn't post a picture on here if I was Jesus Christ ! I can post pics everywhere with a click not here ! whats up with that I cant find an img file not needed any where but here.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 06:11 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, this site does not have the ability to 'host' photos, as some now do.

So, you need to upload personal photos to a site like 'Imgur' , then copy the direct link.
Back here, hit the IMAGE tab below, and paste the link In the box that comes up...

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 07:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
We need to understand that Huntmasters is 16 years old, a virtual dinosaur in the digital age. Go Daddy has us on a certain server because of the ancient code. We wonder why all the websites we visit and always changing. These programers see something they can "improve" or add more content or cool graphics and it's an engine. You need MORE and when you get MORE, that's an opportunity to do MORE. They can't leave well enough alone. And, that's where we are. Huntmasters could get with the program and completely redesign the website every so often, but I like to keep things the same. Even though they want me to upgrade, I have been resisting for years. Also, there s money involved.

You can post a photo here, it's a little different but it can be done. Fred can do it, Dave can do it. And, I bet Paul could do it, with a little luck. Full disclosure: a week ago earth walker asked me to post a photo for her and I couldn't do it on a site I have been using for years. I just gave up. I'll get back to it, I suppose but I felt like Paul....screw it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31478 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 09:23 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
I post them the same way here that I post them everywhere. I've never done anything different to post pics for any forum. Same, same, same on all of them.

Including, I don't let forums that do offer hosting have my pictures. Post them the same way on those, too.

There are good honest reasons why a forum would want to host pics. For one, so that the pics don't all just disappear from all the posts and ruin all the content when a photo bucket happens or a prolific poster just stops paying for his photo hosting service.

That, and most people on forums aren't on computers anymore, they are on phones. They take a pic with the phone, they go on the forum on the phone, upload the pic right to a post and voila! Forums are all dying, but the ones that cater to the mobile device like that are doing a lot better than the ones that don't.

The software at PM isn't much newer than this, either, BTW. Those guys have no long term plan for survival. They are just waiting around to die.

But I have slowly come to the point that I'm pretty slow to donate my content, in any shape, to any forum. Which, I think a lot of people have decided. Another reason they are all dying.

Leonard doesn't monetize anything here, so it's different. But every other forum, I take the trouble to type up something or share a neat picture, the forum owners are making money off my work. When I do post something like that, it's a conscious decision to go ahead and let them make money off my efforts But more and more often, most of the time, the conscious decision is going the other way and I just don't post anything worth a fuck. Not anywhere.

But pictures? I've never changed how I do that, not anywhere. Always the same, since the first one I ever posted, on every board, same method works on all of them including this one.

I've explained how over and over and over again though and I'm not going to do it again.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 12:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are a cool dude, Dave!

You are right about one thing, I make nothing from Huntmasters. It costs me money to host this site. I was involved with Predator Masters in the beginning and was the system administrator. It became clear to me that they wanted to make money with banner ads and other advertising. But, that's not the reason why I ever became involved with the Internet.

Huntmasters has never run an ad that benefits me but I encourage members to advertise, for free; such as call makers, anybody with a product to sell can advertise here, at no cost, on
my dime. This is just a free information service for the exchange of ideas for a specific set of interests, not that there is any restrictions whatsoever on content. Within reason.

The site is underutilized and perhaps dying, as Dave said. That's ok, I'll stick with it as long as there is benefit to anybody and I don't get totally sick of it because there is some work involved. I do think that message boards are drying up for one reason or another. Don't care, I don't visit any of them anymore.

Whatever is on your mind, you are free to share it here. Don't worry about staying on subject, you can start a new thread or just change the subject right in the middle for all I care. Occasionally post something of interest to predator hunting or shooting related is all I ask. This is the closest you will get to freedom on the Internet and I delete and edit very little, very tolerant, Liberal Administrator. These people are my friends and my guests.

Have at it.
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 19, 2018 08:16 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
When I had Photo bucket I could find an IMG file they went tits up with all my shit. Its really okay I will figure it out somehow ! I was excited I got out my old 35 mm and card reader and wanted to share some of my humming bird pics I literally have twenty five to thirty of the little bastards at he feeders all day long !

[ July 19, 2018, 08:18 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 01:53 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul;
A friend of mine has h/b feeders and he noticed that the 'nectar' was going pretty fast.
He hung a trail camera aimed at the feeder and the next morning had some cool shots of fruit bats working away.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 04:43 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My little crew will clean them (two feeders) in a day during they day and then harass me for more, I will put out my trail cam and see what might visit at night. The thing that really surprised me was the little shits will still be on the feeders during a downpour they don't care ! more rugged than they look.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 20, 2018 06:06 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
SEE! I warned ya! And, feel pity for the BOSS that chases everybody away from HIS nectar. His work is never done, vigilance! Hummers waste so much time arguing, expending energy it's amazing that they don't drop dead!

I finally found out what all the chatter is about Photo Bucket. So, they folded the tent, eh? Let me see if I can post a picture? BRB.

edit: https://imgur.com/a/VhWAa9Q

this shit is so frustrating!
First of all, I found out that Tiny pic is owned by photo bucket, now. That explains why, after years, I can't make anything work on that site.

Anyway, this is a photo of a hummer that crashed into one of my sliding glass doors and knocked himself out. I heard the thunk and suspected what it was and he was on the ground. Picked him up and after a couple minutes, he was flying all over the house. Left a slider wide open and he found his way out, finally.

I can't figure out how the make the photo appear here within the post however? BRB

https://imgur.com/a/VhWAa9Q

edit: the second photo, you have to look closely, he's hanging onto the glass in the upper part, while fritting around the whole house before finally finding the door. I think it was a full recovery?

[ July 20, 2018, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 07:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool pics Ill try this weekend to use that site, got oil changes to do today ! I am truly an analog guy in a digital world.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
In the second pic, I just noticed that you can click on the + sign and it enlarges enough to see the hummer better and also, if you look at the diamond shaped beveled glass in the middle of the stained glass window. Yes, it's a hummingbird!

We have a percentage of the birds that stay all winter. A wild ass guess would be 15/20% of what we have summertime. They go into what's called, "Torpor," huddle up under the eaves and gut it out all winter. This is an important time to keep up with the nectar because there are obviously a lot less flowers out in the yard for them to suck on. I think they could actually die if you ignored the feeders all winter. It's the least we can do!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 12:40 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic said jus make em some baloney samiches ! mine all leave Oct. Sept. or so.

[ July 20, 2018, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 12:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That boy worries me.

edit: Hey! how did you manage to not double post?

[ July 20, 2018, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2018 02:06 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
By Sept all the hummers are gone from Idaho. They just pack up leave and never say goodbye. Right now they are eating like 300 pound elephants.
Have 4 feeders out. They drain the 2 cup feeders almost daily. The 4 cup feeders are used after the little ones are empty. Have one at the lookout they aren't as many on that one.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2018 01:50 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeh the 'boss' is spending my retirement on Hummers and orioles now.Couple jars of jam every other day on the orioles and assorted birds.Catbirds are jam pigs.
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2018 05:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 

[ July 21, 2018, 05:25 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2018 06:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul! Somebody is censoring your posts! First it was just pictures, now this! In America!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2018 07:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That was an edited post of a failed photo download.
LOL I am a computer wizard!!!!

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2018 07:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That was an edited post of a failed photo download.
LOL I am a computer wizard!!!!

--------------------

JP
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4095

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2018 07:40 AM      Profile for JP           Edit/Delete Post 
 -

I use tinypic.com pretty easy even for me.

Posts: 150 | From: So AZ | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted July 21, 2018 10:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, and to think that right now she is a world class Boner Killer, and has been for many years. Remember her plump years in striped pants and goggles? Suddenly, you sorta understand Bill's trips to that private island for preteen romps. Anything to keep him from raping matrons. Meanwhile, Muff Diver Hillary and Uma planning for 2020/2024/2028. Dream on, ladies! And, when will the tapes surface? Worse than waterboarding.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters